Ets2 mp wont launch

warrior20305

Question

I have the latest download of ets2 mp and i have opted out of betas but when i double click on "play euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer" it doesnt launch it just shows the normal load up screen where you select your profile but then its just frozen. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

21 answers to this question

I dont get the "register ets2mp protocol" message while in installing it.

Same problem here. I have already tried to install it as an administrator. (right click run as an administrator) I have also tried to delete it an reinstall it, but that didn't help anything. My steamaccount is public, so that shouldn't be the problem. 

I have watched the tutorial from squirrel and he said that you have to change something in the beta properties in ETS 2, but I don't know if that could be the problem.

Edit: Even when I disable windows firewall and sophos anti virus I don't get "register ets2mp protocol"

• Upvote 1

I have the latest download of ets2 mp and i have opted out of betas but when i double click on "play euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer" it doesnt launch it just shows the normal load up screen where you select your profile but then its just frozen. Any help would be great. Thanks.

you should be opted in for 1.7.1 on steam for est2 and on the MP launcher right click on icon under properties compatibility tab you should tick the box for run as admin. If all fails try disabling all anti virus software and windows uac then try reinstalling everything but remember after doing so you will need to opt in for the 1.7.1 version on steam again.

h6upbh-4.png        signature.png4523794285.png        

You can try to reinstall the game from scratch, and after that install the mp mod. This should solve it.

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

That step of install is ok?? T8xFuYi.png

Yes that seems to be ok.

OffTopic: I've rather suggest to install Steam and the steam apps on a different drive (not the windows drive), or at least not in program files.

Why? Some windows versions (ex. w10, 8.1), have a security feature that in most cases you will have to run the application / game with Administrator Rights because the files are located in a windows secure sector. (ex. ProgramFiles). 

But in this case, the path it is correct. 

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Things you should try:

- Go do Documents folder and CUT all of the folders that have (EuroTruckSimulator2, and ets2Mp)...move them from that location, so the game will create new ones.

- install the steam on a different drive (not on the windows drive), after install ETS2.

- install MP and be careful to select the right path to the game

- run the MP as Administrator