[ANSWERED][EM] Featured Zone

OtherGuy

Question

Hello!

On 3 June 2023, you launched the first iteration of Featured Zone, which lasted just over one month. Despite being in Calais, where there is already a lot of traffic, I still think it was a promising trial for what could become a successful way to bring traffic away from C-D and to otherwise-less-traveled regions.

However, since the event there has been almost no mention of Featured Zone by the TruckersMP Team. It has been so long since the event that some players have already forgotten about it.

Going forward, is the goal to schedule these once or twice a year, like Real Operations, or will they be happening more frequently? I personally would love to see more of these every few months (or even more often than that for shorter 2-week-long events).

Also, do you have a timeline for when we might see the next Featured Zone?

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

1 answer to this question

Hello @OtherGuy,

Many thanks for your questions. It's very nice to see so much interest in the first and ever Featured Zone!

At this moment in time, there is no stated frequency for these types of events, this is due to the unpredictability of team availability and other factors. I look to focus on this to be more than twice a year at a minimum. Ideally, with Featured Zone being such a smaller operation compared to Real Operation, the ultimate goal would be every 4 months, leaving Featured Zone to be at least three times a year at maximum.

I can say that the team is actively exploring the possibilities and the potential for a return of FZ, once further progress is made with this, the community will be informed of any proposed plans that could occur.

Whilst on this topic, I would like to also paint a picture about the future of Featured Zones in case of a return of the popular event and to explain it a little better as it wasn't originally done.

What is Featured Zone?

Featured Zone can consist of both idle and active events where players can have a varied and altered in-game experience from the base map. The main focus of Featured Zones can be traffic management solutions such as simple road/lane closures with props and vehicles or enhanced gameplay changes through construction projects all whilst in a live setting on Simulation servers.

The amazing thing is that FZ can be utilised in so many interesting and unexpected ways that I hope you stick around to potentially see the next zone!

If you have any further feedback, questions and enquiries about it, please submit a feedback ticket. I would very much like to hear your opinions if it's about Featured Zone.

Kind regards,

:tmp: Event Management

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Ky_James✌