A useful, yet practical, chage for ATS simulation servers

Niuro

Suggestion Description: Some TMP players occasionally point out the obvious and suggest changes here and there in ETS2, but not so often for ATS. And there's a very good reason for that - the servers combined never exceed 200 players, less than a TMP event server, because there's nothing new in terms of map expansion outside of SCS development and the tiny crippled ProMods sketch. However, all main modded maps for ATS are ready before their ETS2 counterparts. In that line of thought, the addition of a larger map expansion sounds better. The best choice would be "Reforma" map - https://reformaats.com/home . Their team offers a couple of interesting reworks of California and Nevada states as well as the addition of Mexico. This map, at present requires most map DLCs, but excludes Kansas for the time being. The main charm of this map are the canyons with their steep hills infested by sharp hairpins and other obstacles.

Any example images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLJKhQ1QjI&ab_channel=trucksim -> 02:43 to 02:50 is the map in question.

Why should it be added?: Simple -> give people a reason to play ATS on TMP in 2024, outside the rare convoys hosted on your servers.

For some reason, American Truck Simulator is not popular on TruckerMP and I know there are many reasons for this. Even if they add a map, how many players will play? It is held for a day or two and people return to Euro Truck Simulator again. For example, when you ask people, they usually say that ATS's environment is better, but it is not playable. This idea seems very strange. I've seen people playing on ATS's original servers a lot. The limit is 8 players, but I've seen people make 64 or 120. Actually it is played, but not through TruckersMP. In short, it would be nice if there was a map study, but there should also be activity. Otherwise, as I said, it will be busy for a day or two and then it will return to its previous state.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:12 PM, _Enes said:

For some reason, American Truck Simulator is not popular on TruckerMP and I know there are many reasons for this. Even if they add a map, how many players will play? It is held for a day or two and people return to Euro Truck Simulator again. For example, when you ask people, they usually say that ATS's environment is better, but it is not playable. This idea seems very strange. I've seen people playing on ATS's original servers a lot. The limit is 8 players, but I've seen people make 64 or 120. Actually it is played, but not through TruckersMP. In short, it would be nice if there was a map study, but there should also be activity. Otherwise, as I said, it will be busy for a day or two and then it will return to its previous state.

There is a very good reason why I wrote "MEXICO". It seems you have never been there before. It is a lot like C-D and Lirkenes had a chield...