If popularity of ETS2 and ATS changes

Hello truckers,

What if the popularity of ETS2 and ATS reversed?
Euro Truck Simulator 2 has 300~500 players, American Truck Simulator on the other hand, has 2,500 players.

If ETS2 C-D road is in ruins, and ATS has found popular roads like C-D road.
If there are about 2,500 players playing ATS, what do you think?

Thanks for your answers.

Kind regards,
Mr. K

TruckersMP Verified VTC Leader / CEO of Shepard Logistics

There have been some periods of time where ATS in TMP has gotten decent popularity although not for long. When that happened sometimes there would be a popular road and sometimes there wasn't. It would be interesting to think about what roads would be most populated. 

I can give a few examples of times where ATS has had player spikes for at least a month so this can give ideas on what it would be like for there to be a permanent popular road in ATS:

Feb 2016 (ATS Release): Not much knowledge on what areas were highly populated because I started playing truck sims in Nov 2017. I believe California route 1 was one of the more popular roads. There are plenty of videos on ATSMP from the early days around the first month or two of release.

June-July 2018 (Operation Big Sur): This was an event by SCS where you had to deliver to repair a landslide and it was very chaotic with hundreds of players on one road, there's plenty of videos out there on that event.

June-July 2019 (Washington DLC release): Player counts only around 600-800 for a few weeks but this was another situation where there was a popular long logging road to the east of Bellingham, it was a tight road to maneuver with lots of turns and maybe 60+ players at a time so there were lots of traffic jams. Good amount of videos on this one too.

Dec 2020 (Promods Canada support in TMP) - Player counts over 1000 for at least a month but unlike previous popular periods that I mentioned players were more spread out throughout Canada but because the map is quite small you could see players all the time. There was a lot of hype for this one combined with the fact covid was around at the time so more players on of course.

I think I got most of the more significant times, 2021 and beyond there wasn't any significant player count due to convoy mode by SCS being released and player counts dropped by over 50% overall. Apart from events I highly doubt there will ever be high player counts on ATSMP in TMP again.

If you're wondering here's where I got the historical player counts https://stats.truckersmp.com/ . At the bottom of the page you can see it and you can filter all servers except for ATS by clicking on all the other servers.

I don't know what roads would be the most popular if there were thousands of players on ATS but it would be interesting to see if it ever happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support