(Ats) seamless reconnect

A possible idead for if a player gets disconnected for high ping,poor connection,etc:  insteah of having the player quit the game and have to relog into the game a better idea maybe to have an autoreconnect but when the reconnecting player reconnects have collisions with the reconnecting player disabled for like 20-30 seconds then collisions will enable with that player.   In theory this should make reconnecting. MOre streamline

Hello @Flora1997,

Unfortunately, as frustrating as it is to re-establish the connection you'd have re-log in. Which is rather annoying, and yes it possibly could be seamless as some point in time. Furthermore, it'd further into the future rather than be an instant change. 

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

Hello @Flora1997,

You can reconnect to the TruckersMP without quitting to the game.

1. Quicksave your game.
  2. Open console and type g_start_in_truck 1 and press enter.
  3. Open console and type game and press enter.
  4. You will be reconnect to the server.

But I think the autoreconnect idea is better than doing these commands. I support this idea.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

4 hours ago, !drkYVZ said:

Hello @Flora1997,

You can reconnect to the TruckersMP without quitting to the game.

1. Quicksave your game.
  2. Open console and type g_start_in_truck 1 and press enter.
  3. Open console and type game and press enter.
  4. You will be reconnect to the server.

But I think the autoreconnect idea is better than doing these commands. I support this idea.

didn't know about that ..

i will try it 👍

Dear fellow Truckers,

With the proposed autoreconnect feature, when a player faces a disconnection, the game would automatically attempt to reconnect the player to the server. This would save valuable time and prevent the inconvenience of having to restart the game and relog manually.

To ensure a smooth transition during the reconnection process, a collision disable period of 20-30 seconds could be introduced. During this period, the reconnecting player would have collisions disabled, which means other players' trucks wouldn't interact with theirs for a short duration. After this brief interval, normal collisions would be enabled again.

The potential benefits of such an approach are quite promising. Players who experience temporary connection issues would find it much more convenient to get back into the game quickly without losing their progress or cargo. Moreover, it could help reduce disruptions in busy areas, enhancing the overall gameplay experience for all.

Of course, implementing any new feature requires careful consideration and testing, but the idea of autoreconnect with collision disable is worth exploring. It aligns with the goal of creating a more streamlined and player-friendly environment in TruckersMP.

Thank you for sharing this suggestion, and let's continue to collaborate and brainstorm ideas that contribute to the improvement of our community and the gameplay we all enjoy.

AlparslanK

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK

• 4 weeks later...