Cannot open Config.txt

DVA8090

Question

So I tried to update to the latest version of the client (0.1.5 R3) and now each time I try to start the multiplayer client it fails to start and the 'Cannot open config.txt file!' is logged.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

I tried deleting the config file and let it build a new one but that did not work.

Running as an admin does nothing as well.

14 answers to this question

Is the file set to read only mode?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Problem solved, topic closed!

If you need any more help feel free to ask!

Glad I could be of service!

Still unsolved according to author, so moved back to help! Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Edited by Master12
Similar Problem Came Up

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

I can open the config file in Notepad just fine, but when I try to start the mp client it looks like nothing happens.  I then look at the client log and it says two lines:

[20:53:44] <info> Logger started!
[20:53:44] <error> Cannot open config.txt file!