Black artifacts only on multiplayer

GEK_the_Reaper

Question

Hello guys, I'm Gerald, new here and also new to Euro Truck.

So just today I decided to try out MP and I do get strange black artifacts when other players are near to me. I do not have any issues in SP. Tried to search for solutions but did not find anything. I run a RTX3090, ET runs in DX11 (as per config file) and MP is set to run as admin.

The issue seams to be related to headlights of some trucks.

Any advice?

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Hi
One little Question:
Do the Artefact look something like those on this Topic?

If Yes or No I would always recomment to verify your ETS2 Files on Steam if you encounter an Error.

Go to your Steam Library
Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2
Go to Properties
Then Local Files
and then click on "Verify Integrity of game files..."

This should then check if there are any errors in your files and redownload them then.

@Polyxena the issue should not be related to drivers IF the single player mode works flawlessly.

So...reporting back after a few days of driving; the issue seams to have resolved itself after @100xdonaldx001 sugestion to run the file verification on steam! Thank you.

Although the file verification did not find any errors, I no longer encounter those artifacts!

PS: As a new user of TruckersMP I have to say that the installation did not run flawless on my end and I had to do some digging to get it tu run.

1. Although the paths were correct, the installation failed to download and verify the files - had to point again to the ETS folder as found (I think through Google and this Forum)

2. The MP Mod might "mess around" with files so that the black artifacts issue appeares - thanks to "Verify Files" option, the issue seams to have resolved

3. Starting TMP for the first time or after a PC Restart (with Steam set to NOT load with Windows), fails to load ETS in MP and loads it in SP - starting Steam before starting TMP seams to solve the issue

Some pinned topics for new users (or hints in the installer itself) could ease the learning curve 😉

Best Regards from Germany.