Kab00om

Veteran Driver III
  • Last visited

About Kab00om

Kab00om's Achievements

1. Actually I think this might be it: https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/25576-wine-and-ets2mp/ and I was thinking about a similar issue (wine connecting prob). Going to hit up the wine ppl mb they know a solution!
  2. Yeah I am running both games in Wine (steam and "original" one). I know that steam is offering a native linux client which I do have as well, but actually no game that I've downloaded using the native linux client is running whereas all wine steam games do run. Might be a steam/linux issue although it should not be relevant for the current problem as there is no connection between the ets2mp and my linux native version of ets2 (also not the directories). I'll get back when there is another result! Although if someone else experience this/similar issues and has a solution, please let me know <3!
  3. Ouh actually a good point. So I've completely deleted the extension folder and re-installed, this time without winter mod. I had deselected it before but it was installed on the first attempt. My steam game version is on (1.22.2.6s) and according to steam up to date. So I checked these two options. Actually the last option might be the most promising and a good point brought up. As I think it is very unlikely that my Linux does block any network traffic (no unusual fire wall or even anti virus) it might be though that my wine version is not working properly or mb even missing some files (dlls, whatever to mb be capable of initiating the network traffic). So mb I go to the wine forums as well and ask there if anyone else having troubles! Thanks a lot for your support @MaffewE
  4. Hey, thanks for you answer MaffewE. ^^If I understand your question correctly you want to know what happens when I press "Yes" on the "Cannot validate game Version" dialouge?! If that's it, yes it is kinda stucked in a loop, immediately the dialogue reappears asking me the same question, no change. And yes, I installed the update several times, with pointing to the different directories (Steam and original CD installation). Don't know what to do. Do you actually have the latest ets2mp version downloaded?
  5. If this might be of some interest, it is neither working with the Steam Euro Truck Simulator 2 version, nor with the "original CD Version" as I have both. First bought the two CDs and later installed (additionally) the Steam Version. The game itself (both variants) are running/working fine though.
  6. Same problem here. Although I am using wine (1.6.1) and Linux (k)ubuntu (TDE) 12.04. Downladed ets2mp today, updated my game as well. But it won't work. :/ (Clicking on Yes several times didn't helped). Also used google quite intensively for ets2mp, the error message as well as linux related problems. Still no solution working :/.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.