MaxTrucker

Veteran Driver IV
  • Last visited

About MaxTrucker

MaxTrucker's Achievements

1. What I care even more is that through a lot of desperation, I finally managed to crack the case. Partially. The music player accepts to play my music when I'm online in MP, BUT any and all files I choose to convert from MP3 to OGG in order to play, have to be physically present in the ETS2/music folder. I tried and tried and tried different things and what I found out is that the shortcut reacts and lists all mp3 in both SP and MP, but it will only play mp3 in SP. OGG music files when present in the music folder, not via shortcut, play regardless of SP/MP. The shortcut simply does not list OGG files as legitimate music in ETS2. I will make time in the near future to compile a list of songs (A sort of best of from about 15k songs) and convert them. Although not the perfect solution---> I want to thank you all for your contribution and help, as I now consider this problem as SOLVED Unless someone has to add to this, I suggest locking the topic and possibly making a sticky of this (There's a link to two previous topics in my first post) for future reference of "Music player not working in MP as intended and working in SP".
  2. I have a problem with overeager moderators. If you don't figure why, I won't waste my keyboard explaining it. As per the logs, here they are (zipd) What you will see in the history is playing around with the warp cmd recently trying to figure out a bug in the new beta that's out. Repeat: Crashing without exception every time I put one, two, one hundred mp3 or creating a shortcut to my whole music folder. I have no need to send this to SCS because in the singleplayer mode, everything works as it was intended to. I put the shortcut in my music dir of ets2, the proccess takes a few seconds to start playing THE FIRST SONG I pick, after that it's all automatic. I am currently reinstalling the game for the God knows which time in past weeks, and will post if another clean profile, clean install and a dozen of ogg files produce a different result. But keep brainstorming, I appreciate the help.
  3. http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/20141-music-again/ http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/19344-mp3-music/ Anyone reading this topic is kindly asked to read both these topics because they are related. Actually they are both my attempts to get help resolving my music player issues in multiplayer. As for the last post made in the http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/20141-music-again/ Do you truly think the file format makes a difference to the game? I repeat, the music player STILL works FLAWLESSLY in singleplayer, radio also. Radio still works in multiplayer, but trying to play my own music online, no cigar. Please do not reply until you read the posts from previous topics. AND ADMINS < Lay off of locking topics that aren't solved while people still throw ideas at me > Give at least a week of no response or when possibly I as the topic creator mark the topic solved before locking it away.
  4. Tried new profile old installment Tried main profile new install Tried another new profile new install Result same.
  5. Well, because im a stubborn jack* that wants his money's worth, that's why. Game has a built-in player and I am nothing less than a stubborn jack* for wanting to get it to work. I tried the second suggest codec pack and the result is the same.
  6. The system is Win7 x64 I tried with 1.5gb I tried with 960mb I tried with breaking up all the folder structure that existed I tried with randomly deleting half of the music and cutting to around 450mb I tried deleting all but one song from the compilation, even that one wouldn't play. As a last resort, I copied one of the sample mp3 that come in with each win7 and IT STILL CRASHES. Repeat: In single player, BOTH the small shortcut to my music dir AND the internet streaming work FLAWLESSLY (Even the custom added local radio stations), while in multi radio works as in SP, but music just won't play. This is not a problem of my game or of my PC; This is server related and I would preffer it is acknowledged as such. Edit post: As for you suggesting other players: TYVM I know of them and for the most part they work as intended, but you have to understand that I DON'T WANT another program running in the background needlessly or constantly opening up the steam overlay to change a song. Game has a built-in music player which doesn't work online. If not a solution, I would at least like to know why it doesn't work.
  7. So here goes...I checked and double checked a roughly 6.5gb of mp3 music I actually copied to the ETS2 music and all the files were mp3 and all in either CBR 128,192 or VBR 128-192 bitrate. So I am all joyous and I boot up MP, and after a few short seconds I am very, very disappointed. Why is that, can anyone answer? The internet radio stream still works flawlessly and had since time immemoriam. I wouldn't make this topic had my original not been locked ( You should really implement an option to allow at least to the topic creator to write in his own topics ) I don't expect much from this community in terms of help but here's hoping.
  8. One does not simply make a duplicate of his entire music folder that is 62 gigabytes large. Next suggestion?
  9. For the most part, the format is mp3, but there are ogg and wav here and there...I repeat: every song works in singleplayer.
  10. The problem is simple and straightforward enough: I finally decided to make the music player work in ETS2, which I did after digging a little and finding a way for it. I put a shortcut to my whole music directory into the ets2 music folder. Singleplayer runs as smooth as silk, doesn't stutter on changing songs or anything...And then I decide to use that music player in MP. I load up, connect, enter my cab, start the engine, press R for Radio, i double click the first song in the list, and then the game instantly crashes without any warning or error. There's over 10k songs and I tried at least 50 different ones ( I know they're all different in encoding and bitrate and format, even, but they all work in SP). You should note that internet radio streaming works perfectly from day one on both SP and MP. My question is: How do I get it to work? Or can it even be done at all?
  11. Solution: Go with the first suggestion to change the degrees of rotation on your Logitech Profiler (check previous posts, I'm too lazy to repost) and then UNCHECK any and all checkboxes there that might say "allow game to change settings". You want to control that wheel from Logitech itself, it's the best way. Also, it doesn't matter anymore in which order you do the sequence, so long as they're all plugged in and running (hardware and software). Also, as of recently, ETS2 supports the full 900 degrees of rotation on the G27, and it is a 1:1 for me. I had a lot of trouble with the wheel myself but once I switched the rotation and ForceFeedback control to the Logitech Profiler, all is well. (For FF, you just leave it on in-game and leave the default values, while making any and all changes through the LP )
  12. Gladly but eu2 is the only one I love because NSL...One can actually test his driving skills trying to maneuver an HGV while keeping his own lane etc etc...Hope to see eu2 up soon.
  13. Since around yesterday afternoon, me and my friend got caught near Wien when apparently the server went offline. Ever since then, I can't reconnect to eu2, although the other servers seem to work (tried eu1, works perfectly). The server trackers says that eu2 is fine and online, but I can't connect. When I press "drive" it just says "connecting to europe #2 server.. " and that's the end of it, and on the upper right side there's the big fat red offline mark. Is this client-side or is the website server tracker falsely claiming eu2 is on when in reality it isn't? Also, if it's client-side, what can I do about it? The game itself gives no yellow or red feedback in the console at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.