R Sharpe

Veteran Driver
  • Last visited

About R Sharpe

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

R Sharpe's Achievements

1. Someone can understand sarcasm (the fun police do not exist, it is a saying). Additionally, I haven't ever been banned so clearly by your reckoning I am within the rules thus my kind of fun is perfectly okay. I mean that is clearly what you are saying. I am not ruining others fun, there was already a space for people who want a more realistic experience, EU1. This is where all those who like to get off over how to realistically they can drive play happily together, telling each other about their realistic delivery times and speeds. Whereas EU people were free to drive as at a higher less realistic speed. No, I didn't go round deliberately crashing, it was just an unfortunate outcome more commonly caused by connection issues rather than speed. This is why I don't see the need for there to be limits imposed. Both those that wanted speed to be limited and those that didn't were already catered for. As for your suggestion that I use EU4 once the speed cap is removed, to be honest the has killed the mod for me. This is because while it will be fun watching someone fail in front of you by going to fast it removes the next fun part of trying to not be caught up in the accident yourself. Coming back to the idea that I have chosen to drive in a server where the speed is not capped this giving me the benefit of faster trips but with the risk that I or someone near me may crash as they have misread the road. I see this as a good thing as it is more entertaining and fun. Finally, as a note on realism, you can remove the governor from trucks in real life many trucks have been modified in this way (usually older ones as it is easier). Doing this is highly illegal but people do it as it makes journeys that bit faster. Thus I would argue it is more realistic to have some trucks that drive unlimited. Not to mention the fact that no trucks are realistically modelled in terms of speed, power, acceleration etc. not to mention the roads and cities. As such this is why I suggest that people like you remember that, while this is a simulation game but the keyword is not "simulation" but "game". I appreciate that someone like you is not really going to get why I play this game. That said suggesting that ruining/stopping the way any type of player has fun is a good idea is a very naive, childish and selfish view. If they were removing all speed limits from all server I would be just as annoyed. As above, both playstyles were already catered for previously.
  2. I'm sorry I like to have fun in a slightly different way to you and not adhere strictly to the rules, better call the fun police on me! Yeah, its a simulation game with terrible physics same as most other sims I play and yes I also play racing games but show me one where I can hitch up a stupid load to a truck and drive around roads that are clearly not meant to be raced on? In other words, lighten up, don't take games too seriously and realise that everyone plays them in their own way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.