Update Distribution Ideas

james5121

(Please note: I have already suggested this in a private email to the TruckersMP Crew. This post is just to update the community of the idea)

Suggestion Name: Update Distribution Ideas

Suggestion Description: Peer-to-peer updater. In short, one person, say in Montreal, downloads the update from the main server. The, someone who lives in, say, Toronto, can download the update from said person in Montreal. Think BitTorrent without the shadiness. This would increase download speeds and would get everyone back in game quickly after an update.

Why should it be added?: All of the updates come from a central server located in the EU which causes longer than needed download times for those that live outside of the servers country.

If you know how to code something like this, please say so down below. I can't make any promises, but theres a chance that TMP might use your code :)

Edited by james5121
Improper Format

6237934428.png

You need to use the correct format:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

I suppose this could be possible in theory, since updates are pushed through the launcher now though, the files that are downloaded via peer to peer will need to be probably copied and pasted into their correct directories to replace the current files in mainly the TruckersMP folder. 

Thing about this though is that for every update someone will need to put all of the files being updated into a zip file and post it onto a P2P site. 

I don't think the updates are usually that big anyway so even on a slow connection, i'm sure you could wait. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.