New to MP - getting kicked all the time

svenks

Question

Hi all

Trying out MP, but so far without much luck. I keep getting kicked due to high ping, however watching my ping times in the TAB window gives

typically around 25, in any case less than 30.

Trying a speedtest against a Paris based server also gives me 25-30, aong with around 100mBit up- and downloads (I'm on a gigabit fiber connection).

and yes, it's a cabled connection and I can easily get 980+ Mbit and 3 msec ping against a danish server.

All in all, it seems strange that I have yet to remain connected for more than 1 hour, and much less in most cases.

Any advise would be very welcome!

BRGDS

Sven, Denmark

6 answers to this question

Hey, Sven!

Have you tried the below steps?

• Checked Ethernet cable connections
  • Installed the lastest NVIDIA graphics driver (or the latest version of your graphics driver)
  • Verified Game Cache of ETS2 on steam
  • Re-Installed ETS2
  • Re-Installed TruckersMP
  • Allowed all access for ETS2 & TruckersMP through your firewall
  • Checked / Changed In-Game Graphics Settings

I hope this helps as it has for me in the past with certain games :)

- G

Thanks for your replies. 

Nothing doing networking in the background. And I have in fact reinstalled both.

But about the graphics: I do run 3 monitors with a resolution of 5760x1080 and vey high/ultra settings. With this I usually get 60fps except I Scandinavia. 

And I'd rather give up on MP than turn that down.

Firewallso should not be an issue, or I would not be able to get it running at all.

Brgds Sven