Multiplayer Client doesn't connect to Server?

Murph

Question

Hello.

Today i bought ETS2 and upgraded it to the multiplayer version, by following your guides (downgrading to 1.21, installing the multiplayer-mod, and so on).

In the first mission i played, i saw some other truck drivers, so i assume, that the multiplayer worked.

But now, when i continue the game and it loads in, it says "Connecting to Server Europe #2" and a few seconds later it disappears. Then, at the top right corner, it says "OFFLINE" and i can't find out why it doesn't me to the server...

For clarity, some screenshots here (File size too big, that's why i used imgur): http://imgur.com/a/HKFy0

I hope anyone can help me here :)

Regards, Murph.

1.21.1s  1.21.1s

4 answers to this question

At the time being, EU #1 is nearly full, and EU #2 is ~85%... So, maybe the server was out of free slots while you were trying to connect.

Another possiblity is that, your antivirus and/or firewall software may be blocking the connection through ETS2MP Servers. Please check them. (But you are saying that you saw some other truck drivers at first... So, you can connect actually...) Can you please check your internet connection? For instance, if you are playing with a laptop; sometimes Windows can change the wi-fi adapter's "stand-by" settings automatically in order to increase the energy-save amount. That's why it turns the adapter off continuously with short cessations... So, you may lose your internet connection and this causes that "offline" error?

• Upvote 1

Could be your Internet? Are you still having this issue now? The server could have been down, although, I don't think it was

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Could be your Internet? Are you still having this issue now? The server could have been down, although, I don't think it was

At the time being, EU #1 is nearly full, and EU #2 is ~85%... So, maybe the server was out of free slots while you were trying to connect.

Another possiblity is that, your antivirus and/or firewall software may be blocking the connection through ETS2MP Servers. Please check them. (But you are saying that you saw some other truck drivers at first... So, you can connect actually...) Can you please check your internet connection? For instance, if you are playing with a laptop; sometimes Windows can change the wi-fi adapter's "stand-by" settings automatically in order to increase the energy-save amount. That's why it turns the adapter off continuously with short cessations... So, you may lose your internet connection and this causes that "offline" error?

Alright, i just restarted the game and connected to EU Server 3 and it finally connected :) #2 Must've been full or something :D

And by the way, i am 100% sure, that my internet connection was fine, because i was talking to my friend in TeamSpeak and downloading stuff :)

Thanks for your help though!

Regards, Murph.

• Upvote 1