Why does everyone drive faster than me at max speed?

KaythPlus

Question

Good evening all, I hope you're well! ♥

When driving in Simulation 1 and driving at max speed on highways, 110 kph — I'm overtaken by almost anybody despite driving at such a speed. And also, when playing with my friend who I play with very frequently they always drive faster than me when going max speed, in-fact, they're always about 10 kph faster than me if we're both going the same speed at any point.

Solutions I've attempted

1. Reviewing if this is a ping issue
    1. It is not, my ping is always hovering around 30 and my friend whom I play with who drives faster always appears to go faster even when at a higher ping.
  2. Reviewing if this is an FPS issue
    1. My in-game FPS typically hovers around 110 whereas my friend is capped at 60, I can't understand how this could be an FPS isuse.
    2. My GPU runs at around 45% usage and my CPU at 50% usage according to Task Manager whilst playing TMP
  3. Speed limiters, World Contracts, etc...
    1. I don't think this is the issue, my speedometer hits 110/kph

A potential to what the issue could be?

Whilst playing my game (seems) to have micro-stutters, I'm talking about barely noticable and almost imperceivable parts where the game appears to stutter. However, at this point I can't tell if this is actually happening or if I'm just going insane, the thing is — I can't understand why my game would stutter if its running at 110fps, surely the FPS would drop before any such thing would begin to happen.

Other things I've tried

1. Dedicating more RAM though the steam launch parameters
  2. Moving the game from a slow HDD to an incredibly fast Samsung M.2 Drive instead
  3. Reinstalling the game and changing no settings upon reinstallation
  4. Moving ALL settings to their LOWEST options to see if this would support a smoother experience

What I need support with / questions

1. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  2. If you know why, do you know any common solutions?
  3. If I am correct and this is caused by micro-stutters in the game despite the CPU and GPU load being less than 50%, why is that and is there a fix?

6 answers to this question

@KaythPlus

Hello! Regarding your question, I can guess that it is related to your truck accessories, and that some players like to modify the horsepower (although modifying the horsepower is no longer effective, but modifying the horsepower will start fast, and some trucks will display fast and slow on the speed increase), which has nothing to do with the Ping value.

Hello, first of all, I wish you a good day. I hope you had a great day!

• The reason you were probably passed is the tires you chose. Since the size and smallness of the tires are not automatically arranged on the dashboard, the speed you think you are going at 110 may be 100. In short, your tire and rim choice affects your speed.

I hope what I wrote helped and your problem was solved. If you need help you can contact me!

Have a nice day,
Kind regards,
Samderali.

Hello There!

Since this topic has been inactive for more than 3 days since the last reply. I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.
Thank you all for your participation!

Kind Regards,

Jordan.

TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and moved to Inactive.

Hello There!

Since this topic has been inactive for more than a week, I am going to move it to Unsolved Topics

If you need any help in the future, Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Kind Regards,

AbdUllaH.M

TruckersMP Support & Translator

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Arabian Support & Translator @TruckersMP Team

Have A Question? Feel Free To Contact Me By Discord

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Support System | Report System | Feedback SystemBan Appeal | Rules | Knowledge Base | Suggestions | Server Status