Do 2FA backup codes on the main TruckersMP website also work on the forum website?

XugX

Question

Q: Do 2FA backup codes on the main TruckersMP website also work on the forum website?

NOTE: If the answer is yes, then there is no problem. If not, then this might be a big problem because there is no backup code section on the forum website. Also, 2FA in the forum and the main website are different (basically not using the same code to login).

9 answers to this question

Hey there @XugX

I can say from my experiences in past. I was using the 2FA and there are always 2 codes. One is connected to TMP Website and second to TMP Forum. 

So, it probably should not work as one code to website & forum. I think that protection is better cause the currect user wont be able to log into both sites. I can't remember now how I did that, but I surely receive two codes. 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver | MCG Driver 

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

2 minutes ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hey there @XugX

I can say from my experiences in past. I was using the 2FA and there are always 2 codes. One is connected to TMP Website and second to TMP Forum. 

So, it probably should not work as one code to website & forum. I think that protection is better cause the currect user wont be able to log into both sites. I can't remember now how I did that, but I surely receive two codes. 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver | MCG Driver 

Thank you for your reply, RedWolf. However,  my question was about backup codes, not the every 30 seconds generated codes. I am asking this because the forum website does not provide any backup codes, so if anyone loses their access to their authenticator application (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc.), that person might get locked out and not login.

3 minutes ago, XugX said:

Thank you for your reply, RedWolf. However,  my question was about backup codes, not the every 30 seconds generated codes. I am asking this because the forum website does not provide any backup codes, so if anyone loses their access to their authenticator application (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc.), that person might get locked out and not login.

Yeah, you can't do anything then. Same happened to my 1 month ago when I lost my mobile phone :LUL:😄 I did not get any code soo 

in that case you have to contact TruckersMP Support for disabling your 2FA - > as Account issues. 

They will reply you and disable your autentification.  Then you are free to enable it on your new device

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Driver 

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

4 minutes ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Yeah, you can't do anything then. Same happened to my 1 month ago when I lost my mobile phone :LUL:😄 I did not get any code soo 

in that case you have to contact TruckersMP Support for disabling your 2FA - > as Account issues. 

They will reply you and disable your autentification.  Then you are free to enable it on your new device

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Driver 

Well, then website developers should probably add backup codes to the forum website too. Anyway,  thanks for replying once again. I will make a suggestion for this section to be added :wesmart:.

2 minutes ago, XugX said:

Well, then website developers should probably add backup codes to the forum website too. Anyway,  thanks for replying once again. I will make a suggestion for this section to be added :wesmart:.

You are welcome.

Like I said above, I don't know how it is working for now.

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ]

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

9 hours ago, Lucas._ said:

Hey there,

May I know did you find the best solution to your questions? Feel free to let us know the status of your questions.

Cheers,

Lucas._
TruckersMP Support

Thank you for replying. I found the answer to my question myself; however, after finding the answer to my question, I also found a big issue about it. Here is the issue:

Hello there,

Since you solved your issue, I will go ahead and move this topic to solved topics.

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Solved

Kind Regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP | Pirate Driver

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System