TruckersMP launcher doesn't load

Capacity

Question

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the link. The old launcher works.

In the meantime I had find another launcher, too, and noticed, he was installing some missing files before starting Euro Truck Simulator 2 and TruckersMP. I was wondering why the deinstallation and the installation of the new current official launcher only took one second.

I will now use the old launcher for some time, before I install the new one.

Hey there @Capacity

First of all, welcome here at TruckersMP Forums 🙂 

Since, I dont understand Russian language, I cant translate specific texts which may be really rare for me to help you with your problem. However I will try to help you out! 

-----------------------------------------------

You said, you re-installed TMP launcher but I still want to check if you did it properly. Can you please re-install the client again by following my steps? 

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Then go to Documents and remove these folders - ETS2MP, ATSMP
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges  https://truckersmp.com/download/ 
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates

Once you have done, start TruckersMP as administrator. 

Also do not forget to look at your launcher settings is there is correct path to your games also to launcher: 

Launcher should be: c:/ program files/ truckersmp 

ETS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2".                                  -> This is only example of games paths, you can have it on disc D, E, F. 

ATS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator"

In any further assistence please let me know if your problem was solved.  

If you found this answer helpful, I will be very happy if you mark it as the best answer  in left corner next to my name  (there is number 0) you can pin my answer 1 ✅

I am looking forward for your reply! 

Kind Regards

RedWolf_Plays

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @Capacity,

Did the above mentioned solution help you solve your problem?

Please let me know so I can keep the help section nice and organised. If your issue has not been resolved, please also let me know so we can look for more solutions.

Kind regards,

tfmpillow

TruckersMP Support

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Thanks for your detailed instructions.

I deleted all the folders now and after reinstalling it, it didn't create any folder in Documents, ProgramData or Program Files(x86) (in my case x86).

When I start the Launcher, it says - waiting to load - after that it's empty and I can't go to the other menus including the settings in the launcher, there happens nothing.

I recently changed my language to Russian so that some Russian buses for Omsi did work, Omsi couldn't read the cyrillic letters. But I chnaged it all back yesterday.

• HaulieLove 1

I will describe my progress… first I uninstalled TruckersMP Launcher, it took me one second then it was finished. I right-clicked on it, then uninstall, finish.

As I installed TruckersMP Launcher again, I ran the Setup. They appeared the question, if I wanted to execute it, I clicked on it.

grafik.png.7a6d96751c5729e9750ab3f2a66258c2.png

Then the TruckersMP Launcher opened. No other setup windows or the question where I should install it. I think it's included in the Settings of the TruckersMP Launcher where you can choose the game directory.

The guide seems to be outdated. https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/18

Hello @Capacity,

You are right in saying our guide about installation is rather outdated. I will inform the sub-team who deals with this.

22 hours ago, Capacity said:

The guide seems to be outdated. https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/18

Additionally, has your issue been resolved, or is there another issue you are facing here? Please let me know!

Kind regards,

tfmpillow

TruckersMP Support

Hello @Capacity,

Please make sure you have correctly selected the path of where the game files can be found. You can do so by following the steps below:

* Press "Settings". (https://i.imgur.com/YFBDDCH.png)
* Press "Browse" (for either ETS 2, ATS or both).
* Locate the game files (in this example ETS2). (https://i.imgur.com/7dRtk56.png)
* Click the game folder once to select it.
* Press "Select Folder".
* Press "Save".

If none of this works, you can click the following link to download the old launcher: https://static.truckersmp.com/launcher/launcher_1004.zip
Although the old launcher still works, it is strongly encouraged to use the new launcher.

Please let us know if any of this has helped you solve your issue.

Kind regards,

tfmpillow

TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

Hello @Capacity,

I am not too sure why the installation of the new launcher is way faster than the installation of the old one, I personally am not so technically driven to understand how that works 😛 

The topic you linked is from 2015. Not sure if that still works but considering it is an unofficial tool, this is not something I can help you with.

I am glad to hear you can now enter the game through the old launcher though. I will be moving this topic to the Solved-section as the main issue here has been resolved. 

If you encounter any other issues with your game, please do not hesitate to make a new topic or make a support ticket on our website.

Happy Trucking!

//Locked and moved to Solved

• Like 1