Low GPU usage all around especially in big city

Cheeseonpie

Question

I understand that the game has to render lots of players but why is it not using my gpu right, this even happens outside of big city such as driving around country roads. I could be on a empty road but only having 90ish fps with around 50% usage. This is annoying as i have a 144hz monitor and ets2 could easily run 144fps plus if it was using my gpu right. This dosn't happen on any other games. (Ryzen 5 5500 and Rx6600)

WHAT IS GOIBNG ON.PNG

• Upvote 1

5 answers to this question

@Cheeseonpie

Hello, according to your description, I can give you the following suggestions!
        1. Try not to go to places with a lot of players (for example: Calais to Duisburg Trail, Calas to other cities within the city limits of Duisburg, because they will also be affected by these two cities, reducing FPS, The city of Kirkenes on the P server also has a lot of players, especially at night, the delay is also high, and the FPS is reduced, etc.).
        2. There is network, image quality, and some players will change their local Home, which will greatly increase the server's bearing capacity, and may cause the overall server to freeze, and in severe cases, it will cause other factors such as server crash.
The above two are the most important factors, I hope to help you!

Hello! 

You can try this method, it may help:

• Click on windows search bar, type graphics and select Graphics settings from the list.
  • In the dropdown menu below Graphics performance preference, select either Desktop app.
  • Then click Browse and find both following files 
    /Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe and \Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\eurotrucks2.exe
  • Then select High performance both files

You might need to restart any open apps for the new setting to take effect.
 Also i suggest you disable all options in Graphics tab settings except Draw distance

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our Support Team members, we will open this again.

Sincerely,  
OmSaL
TruckersMP Support

// Locked and Moved to Inactive