Veteran Driver VI
 TruckersMP Profile
  • Last visited

6 Followers

About SDCore

• Birthday 05/14/1998

Profile Information

• Interests
    Twitch Streamer. Web Developer. Taco Bell Enthusiast.
  • Preferred Trucks
    DAF
    Iveco
    Scania
    Volvo
  • American Garage Location
    Arizona: Flagstaff
  • EU Garage Location
    France: Calais
  • Known languages
    English

External Websites

Recent Profile Visitors

4378 profile views

SDCore's Achievements

1. Happy Birthday!

2. I figure the server ID's are more reliant on the game itself than the API, but figured I'd ask anyway. Do the ID's for servers change at all? For example, it makes sense that the main servers (eu sim 1/2/3, us sim, promods, etc.) don't change, but do event servers change or have specific ID's? Yesterday, one of the event servers (ID 18 according to the API) was for a specific event (I forget which one), but today it's for an event different from yesterdays. Would it be possible to get a list of which ID's are specific to event servers, and/or which ID's are specific to other main servers? Appreciate it.
  3. While it's probably likely (high end servers mostly use SSD's), it could be entirely possible (and possibly cheaper) to run just a few hard drives to store user data. I'd assume most of the data needed in-game is stored in RAM since it's gets accessed so often and changes so quickly.
  4. Honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. It's possible to detect DLC trailers that aren't supported yet, police skins, and probably a few other things I can't remember at the moment, but yet detecting when a car has a trailer and kicking them hasn't been added yet? +1
  5. "When" So I know it's been planned for a while now, but is there any idea of to when it might actually get released?
  6. So... does a toilet paper roll have 1 hole or 2 holes? It's obviously 2.

7. So I'm not 100% sure if I'm in the right forum or not, but it's the only one that made the most sense. In short, I'm basically looking for a way to keyframe camera movements in both ATS and ETS2. I'm essentially looking for something similar to a Minecraft mod that did the same thing, which you can see in this video (skip to about 20 seconds in or so): Basically setting specific keyframed points and having the camera move between them seamlessly. I don't really mind if it's a command or a mod, just wondering if it was possible. Thank you!
  8. In simple terms, it's establishing a connection between you and the server, and then (I'm not 100% sure on how the client works) the client sends a token to verify that you are actually you. Once it does, it means you're authenticated and can connect under your account. If, for some reason, the authentication would fail, you wouldn't be able to connect. I would assume it's to make sure no one can give false credentials to log in on another account without a password.
  9. Alright, then make it native to the TMP site. You need a not banned TMP account to be able to vote. Still 100x more convenient.
  10. ^ yep, I was thinking the same thing. It's EXTREMELY inconvenient when there could be something super simple like a Google forms poll or a native website poll. Not everything having to do with TMP has to be an ingame update.
  11. I mean, it would've made sense to update and restart the servers BEFORE this was posted. But okay.
  12. I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Hope it went well and safe for everyone. Here's to a new start to a new year.

13. So now that I actually had a chance to play, here are my thoughts: I first had to wait nearly an HOUR AND A HALF to join the server. 850 slots with well over 500 people in queue, and the admins thought not to do anything? I understand that lag was pretty bad (I was there), but would it not make sense to, you know, open up a second server? The same thing could be accomplished with half the staff if they were coordinated enough, which it seems like they weren't. After I finally connected, and waited a good 15 minutes to get through the queue, I hopped over to Salzburg and began my journey. Wasn't too bad, encountered some people here and there. Got into some traffic, which I anticipated and actually liked. Traffic was great, and the people breaking rules didn't really piss me off or anything. What DID piss me off was how poorly the event was done. It felt like a last moment "lets just direct traffic a little bit around a crash and be done." I waited in traffic for a good 30-40 minutes, only to go through the actual event for a good 10-15 seconds. And that was EXTREMELY disappointing to me. Where were the "custom roadworks, police/border controls, fake accidents and a lot of police force showing on the route. Make sure you behave, or you might get pulled over!" we were promised? Where was the excitement? All I saw was admins in one place. I followed their directions for a good 10-15 seconds, then continued on and saw literally nothing else. What a disappointment. Poor communication, lack of creativity, and little care for what was supposed to be a "community event".
  14. Wow, too bad this is being handled extremely poorly. You could, ya know, open up a second event server? I 100% guarantee you don't need all the staff in one server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.