Veteran Driver VI
  • Last visited

1 Follower

About DrToxic

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

977 profile views

DrToxic's Achievements

1. There may only be one developer, but surely it wouldn't be hard to find a small ring of volunteers to test a version on a quiet server (Re purpose US1 to) 'Beta Test' the mod, instead of just throwing it out in the wild and causing days like yesterday and today?
  2. as to why the updates couldn't be consolodated into one I don't know... so far it's taken me a good 10 minutes to download the latest revision of R5.. a nice and relaxing night of driving after a stressful day.... Yeah Right... Either use more download sources or a better host, but jeez, it shouldn't take stupid amounts of time to download 9.7 MEG,.
  3. Same as this one... NCZ Updates only I should think. updates have been flying out recently due to the move to game version *.17. New prefabs, a nice large player base to find the ones that have been updated.
  4. Suggestion Name: Alter the look of the settings window very slightly to make settings easier to see. Suggestion Description: At the moment, the checkboxes and sliders are far away from the text description of what they do. I find it a bit difficult to see immediately which checkbox toggles which option. I suggest slightly changing every other setting so that people can immediately see what checkbox will modify what option. How you do it is up to you, but a couple of ideas: alternating background colors (only a few shades different, so it's enough to see) a rectangle around each option and it's checkbox or slider. a visible table only showing the rows; there is no need to see columns* Mouse-over each option to slightly brighten the background of that one option, spanning 100% of the tab's subwindow *unless you fancy adding a list of default values beside current values for users like me who really don't like the "Set defaults" button Any example images: Nope... My upload limit on the forum is currently 42kb. not enough for screenshot.. but you can visualize it. Why should it be added?: So people spend less time farting around in the settings and more time driving.
  5. The No Colissions Zone bug has returned, by the look of it, it's because the prefabs have been updated again.
  6. Surely the server should (force?) close the connection after it has 'kicked' for being AFK? Whether the client is responding (Game running) or not (Minimised), it should be able to close the connection.
  7. ^ ^ ^ I will second this... I had to WAIT (Yes, WAIT) at least 5 minutes for the service icon to become free. I think I'll stick to EU2 until this one is sorted.
  8. the NCZ's have been messed up? I've been hit TWICE by TWO different trucks while going to service in London.... this is after waiting 5 minutes to get onto the garage icon! This is not normal!
  9. OBS for Streaming is a good idea, but when it comes to capturing cold hard evidence, I use ShadowPlay by nVIDIA (Supported graphics cards only). I press ALT+F10 and I have the last 20 minutes of footage captured gets dumped to my hard disk ready for Vegas Pro to have a go before it finally hits YouTube. If I'm lucky, Steam will force a screenshot just before ETS2MP ha a chance to say "You need to stop your truck before making screenshots" Nice Specs... Though I still get lag around Europoort, and I run a pair of QuadCore Xeon CPU's in a workstation with a 650Ti SSC, 32GB of ECC-RAM... And believe me when I say she will manipulate HD Video as fast as it can play it.
  10. No, I definitely agree with Mr. Mord here, They [ETS2MP services] have been worse since crimbo/new year... for a couple of months now, It's taken me up to 10 minutes to get connected to EU2, and the moment it gets connected? YOU WERE KICKED (HIGH AVERAGE PING (2000+MS)) This was earlier today when the server stats page was reporting 2 players on the server (me and a friend). It's a shame, really, because I like to use EU2 to take new players and friends to help them learn to drive trucks and the rules of ETS2MP before joining the masses in EU1. It's quiet, Only thing is, there's not a lot that can be done about it as far as I know. I know the services have been suffering with DDOS attacks recently (as in, the past few months), but there's owt all that can be done about that.. Just like there can't be anything done about the people who connect to the game just to block/ram/troll true players; or the prevention of such players joining.
  11. Firstly, I can't stand people who are out there to make trouble for everyone else. If you think about it, each person who (in my opinion, stupidly) clicks on links sent via bots ultimately lose out on their entire steam library. Call me old fashioned, but the ol' trick of "Reading it backwards" works for me every time. The amount of times I've seen people get fooled with links that look like official links to large trusted websites. Not only this, but I have a tendancy to ask about the link. "What is this link? Where does it take me? what does it do? Who ARE you?"... A bot won't reply, or if it does, I doubt it'll have the Artificial Inteligence to distinguish between multiple questions in one message, and it will definitely not be able to tell you something personal about the person the message is supposed to have come from. "I'm your (personal details) friend from (country/state/provinence).. why'd you ask?". This trick works rather well with all bots that send phishing links to people via (back in the day) MSN, Skype and other instant messaging protocols.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.