Switzerland: Zürich
  • Known languages
    English

Recent Profile Visitors

1893 profile views

Jguy1987's Achievements

Community Answers

1. happy birthday

2. Good work and thanks! You guys are amazing!
  3. Yay update! Already opting out of beta and downloading latest. Been on ETS2 for a while, probably going to switch back over to ATS to check out Arizona (I've not played it yet). Can't wait for Advanced Coupling!

4. I currently use Codeigniter but many find it "bloated" and "resource intensive". It works just find for my purposes. I looked into switching from CI to Laravel and the overhead to make the changes seem too great, so not really worth my time.
  5. Looks like your game is trying to find some things related to sound, specifically microphone use: [08:53:56] <info> [sound] No default microphone device [08:53:56] <error> Cannot open muted.txt file! the <info> is probably not a problem, but the <error> is likely what's going on. Search your PC for muted.txt. Mine's in D:\Users\Jguy\Documents\ATSMP Make sure it's actually there. If it's not, create it. Make sure it's not read only.
  6. In theory, yes, longer trailers are actually easier to park in many opinions. Longer trailers allow more precise corrections and maneuvers to position. You can also turn the wheel to the extreme ends and the trailer won't take off on you. I have a bear of a time parking shorter trailers. Their movement is too extreme, precise corrections lead to trailers going off every which way. I've definitely had to try 2-3 times sometimes parking shorter trailers. The longer ones I can usually get in one go.
  7. steam_api64.dll is a pretty critical file. If you're missing this file it might be necessary to reinstall Steam. I wouldn't trust downloading this file from the internet anywhere except for the steam installer. It's possible people can hide keyloggers and malware in these files to hijack your Steam account. You may need to reinstall ETS2 if you're getting an unsupported version error like the above and you've verified your game cache.
  8. Make sure you have 2 hours invested in ATS and that your profile is not private. It should be instant but sometimes it takes some time. Sometimes Steam might be down which might contribute to the problem. Might have to wait and try again.
  9. In the US channel 19 is pretty typically for everyone to use. If you want to find a trucker - try channel 19 first. I've not heard of a north/south 17 - east/west 19 "only" rule. Typically if I'm out and about I can tune around and find some convoys on their own channel and 17 usually clear. Channel 9 is typically reserved for emergency use. State police commonly monitor channel 9 and typically reserve it for such use for contacting authorities, akin to 911/119. It might be worthy to mention in your guide before you start talking to have the gain/volume adjusted properly and listen to anyone who says you need to turn your mic down. All too often I've heard people that just sound like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA" when they really meant to say "is that service center clear?"
  10. It might be helpful to mention the following for navigation purposes. I'm a road/highway junkie so this is all common knowledge to me. US road system is much detailed as far as navigation goes. Most state highways and all Interstate highways have numbers to dictate their direction and position in relation to the rest of the country. In general (this doesn't apply to all, but most) all two digit US State Highways: Nearly all two digit US highways traverse multiple states. Nearly all three digit US highways are trunks of their main highway and tack on a 1-9 digit in front. Odd number US highways usually run mostly north-south and begin with the lowest number on the east coast and go to the highest number on the west coast. Examples: US-1 runs from the US-Canadian border in the US State of Maine all the way down to Key West, Florida US-41 runs pretty much on the eastern side of the midway point in the country, from Northern Upper Peninsula of Michigan all the way to Florida. US-95 is on the extreme west side of the country as depicted in the game, however in reality US-95 runs a bit closer to the border on the southern half of Nevada and much more in the middle of the state in Northern Nevada that in is in the game, but the idea is generally the same. The standout exception to "nearly all multi-state US highways are two digit and trunks are three digit and typically don't traverse multiple state lines" is US-101, which runs from the Seattle area all the way down to the US-Mexico border along the Pacific Ocean. Since back when there was consideration for US-101 to become a state highway and the 1926 numbering plan dictated that all rounds which are primary north-south routes must end in 1, they didn't want this new road to be US-91 and lose US 93, 95, 97, and 99 since the numbering plan dictated that they should follow a numbering scheme lowest in the east and highest in the west Even number US highways usually run mostly east-west and begin with the lowest number on the north side of the country paralleling the US-Canadian border and the highest number on the south side paralleling the US-Mexico border. Interstate Highways, to avoid confusion, follow the same pattern except opposite. The highest odd numbered interstate begins on the east side of the country and the highest even number interstate begins on the north side of the country, to avoid "I'm traveling down the 5" "Okay, is that US 5 or I-5?" Interstate Highways have a lot of bypasses incorporated into their numbering as well. I-105, I-290 and I-670 are just a few. In general three digit Interstate Highways beginning with an even number trunk off their main highway and back onto their main highway, either going right through a central business district (if the main highway goes around it) or around one (a lot of three digit Interstates beginning with a 2 (example I-290 around Chicago, IL, I-280 around Des Moines, IA, I-205 around Portland, OR) go around a central business district). Likewise most three digit interstates beginning with an odd number trunk off their main highway and never return to it. US Highways are willy-nilly when it comes to three digit highway numbers except US-101 and a few others. Both US highways and Interstate Highways follow a specific numbering plan that indicates that all routes ending in 0 should traverse as much as possible east to west, with the exception of I-50 and I-60 (they don't exist anywhere in the Interstate Highway System) and routes ending in 5 traverse as much as possible north to south. Thusly, I-5 is an important link between Canada and Mexico travelling through Seattle, Portland, east of San Fransisco, Sacramento and Los Angeles, and I-10 travels east to west between Los Angeles and Jacksonville, FL through Phoenix, AZ, El Paso, TX, Dallas, TX, just to name a few. similar to I-80 present in the game, which follows pretty accurately the real world route it takes, travels coast to coast, beginning in San Francisco and ending near New York City. So later on when the DLC is complete, if you need to get cargo from San Fransisco to New York, jump on I-80 (just bring money for tolls through Illinois, Indiana and all the way east from there, real world it'll cost a truck+trailer nearly $500 to get from Chicago, IL to New York City if traveling I-80 the entire way). Hope this information helps. I've never done research into Europe's highway system so I can't tell if it has specific numbering plans or what n. It looks the same but I can't be for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.