• EU Garage Location
    Norway: Kristiansand
  • Known languages
    English, Dutch

External Websites

Recent Profile Visitors

2072 profile views

zyprexia's Achievements

1. This is not true! There are probably just as much people that use addon maps like ProMods that are incompatible with TruckersMP. To be fair, I've been away from TruckersMP for a while (almost two years) because I was tired sick of trolls on the simulation server.. This has improved greatly, but I'm sure that there are a lot of ex-ets2mp gamers out there that are afraid of coming back because of accident trauma's.. If you say would be true, there wouldn't be any ets/ats mod sites! Because none of these mods are compatile with TruckersMP..
  2. I work as a software architect for a consortium of small/medium size logistical companies that develop fleet management software and have more than 20 years development experience under my belt using all kind of languages. So I will list the languages I have used in the last year: - C# - C(++) - Lua - AVR assembly - STM32 ARM/Cortex M4/M7 assembly - (T-)SQL - Javascript - Html/Css - Java - Delphi/Pascal
  3. Isn't ETS2/ATS always on sale on steam?
  4. I like it.. Might also works for sleeping ;-)
  5. Actually select 'Temporary_1_20' to avoid wrong steam version if SCS releases a new version.. Always lock ETS2 version if you want to keep playing you're ETS2 games..
  6. Internet does not care about geographical borders. Lag is determines by the amount of 'hops' you're data (packets) need to visit before they reach the server. It is very possible that you have a faster connection with New York than you (or actually your ISP) have with France. Much like drivers in ETS2 data packets get 'assigned' a route to their destination. It is that route that determines how long it takes for a packet to reach the destination. If you need to cross a router that has a hard time dealing with the (total) amount of traffic, you're packets might be delayed there. For instance, from my home ISP, my packets have to cross 13 routers before they reach EU1: (dos prompt under windows: tracert -d -w 3000 37.187.170.151) Tracing route to 37.187.170.151 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.254 2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 195.190.228.61 3 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms 213.75.1.77 4 6 ms 11 ms 12 ms 213.75.1.76 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms 94.23.122.76 7 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms 178.33.100.149 8 11 ms 11 ms 12 ms 178.33.100.152 9 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 91.121.215.9 10 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 91.121.215.13 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 37.187.170.151 Trace complete. But the lag isn't only determines by the amount of hops, also the network devices you employ might be at fault. Routers provided by ISP are not always really suited for online gaming. The processor and memory in those routers are usually under par and that can create queuing on those devices. And queuing on network devices is very similar to traffic jams on motorways: It takes you longer before you reach you're destination. Another reason for lagging is packet fragmentation. Depending on the kind of network connection you have, it can be very wise to change the MTU (Maximum Transfer Unit) size of the network card in your PC from the default 1500 to a lower value of 1460. By default ethernet cards have a MTU size of 1500. But almost all ISP providers employ some encapsulation protocol, mostly PPP. The size of a PPP-header is 8 bytes. That would mean that the maximum MTU size of your router is 1492 bytes. Meaning that if your computer is sending packets of 1500 bytes, you router/modem has to splice each of them into two packets of 1492 and 8 bytes. Most Cable/DSL routers do not have powerful processors, so this can cause an extra delay, especially if the router also has perform NAT processing. However the CPU in your computer is very fast, so if you lower the MTU size of your network card, you lighten the workload for your router. It have set mine MTU size to 1452 bytes. Here is a good tutorial to change the MTU size for Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10: http://www.richard-slater.co.uk/archives/2009/10/23/change-your-mtu-under-vista-windows-7-or-windows-8/
  7. To be honest, yes! Very much so. More and more distribution companies are working with so-called quick turn around (QTA) teams. So when a driver comes back at a base, he transfer his truck to the QTA team. Then the (original) driver goes into the office and finishes the paper work, get a quick shower, have a meal and go to dispatch and get paperwork for his next shift. Meanwhile the QTA team empty the trailer or drop off the containers and than park the trailer. Then they wash the truck and do a visual inspection for any damage and perform some quick maintenance (check fluids, tire pressure/profile, onboard computer diagnostic messages, etc), fuel up the tractor and if needed get a new trailer and cargo and park it back in front of the office. The main reason is effiency on the yard. Crane/forklift operators have now less traffic to worry about and everything is more streamlined. Also because the driver is not behind the wheel, technically (according to the law) he is resting. But any real life truck does not how to reverse and park a truck. In order to get a HGV (Heavier Goods Vehicle aka double trailers) certificate you need to be able to reserve the combination in a bend. But if you want a real challenge: Take a look at the final of the Young European Truck Driver competition final: But to conclude: -1 for suggestion.
  8. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? What is the benefit of UTF-16 if you can only use ASCII characters?
  9. Well, use the time to earn enough money to but a truck, too also learn how to park a truck without autopark. If is not very difficult. Just put it in reverse, slowly release the clutch and keep you're foot of the gaspedal. Some drivers find it ieasier to use the outside view (2) so they a better overview. Only when you have parked successfully a few trucks, so can pick up some pace but slightly touching you're gaspedal. Remember it is no race. If you think you're holding up other drivers, choose destinations in East Europe, lots of ghost towns there..
  10. zyprexia

Garage

No. You do not even see you're own drivers in your garage. MP drivers can only enter a garage if they own them.
  11. There is only one place for role play - and it is not online ;-)
  12. Run the launcher with Administrator rights.
  13. Clicking on a item in the legenda gives me the numbers I wanted to see ;-) The main problem was that the EU1 servers was making the Asia en Brazil server practically invisible..
  14. Maybe you can add an option to view the stats of a single server by clinking on the name of the server?
  15. If you check your AI driver details and check the 'Finishes In' time info, you'll notice that it takes them several thousands of hours to complete a single job. Here's a quick video that hopefully clears some things up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlMOdj0ER-U&feature=youtu.be Edit: For some reason the forum doesn't embed YouTube videos anymore..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.