Asterisk

Veteran Driver IV
  • Last visited

About Asterisk

Profile Information

Asterisk's Achievements

1. You should not expect 64bit to magically speed up a slow/old computer. In fact, you should expect it to slow down, ESPECIALLY on laptops. IF that's the case, it's time for an upgrade. If you can't afford to upgrade, it's no one's problem but your own. Developers should not have to hold themselves back to please an obvious MINORITY of players.
  2. The only problem with 64bit, is that it requires a bit more overhead, so older computers may not run as well. I've been using 64bit since Windows 7 was released as beta in 2009 (64bit cpus have been around since 2005 but drivers were a different story (Windows XP x64), it would be VERY RARE (especially today with Microsoft's driver requirements) for an end-user to find incompatible hardware with 64bit. If you have a system that can handle it, upgrade. You wont regret it in the long run, and having more than 4gb of ram is so nice.
  3. ^ Chances are they're playing at 2fps anyways
  4. A lot of people's games freeze up when they have to load in a lot of trucks at once, especially on laptops and older systems. It will probably help reduce this, or even eliminate it. Plus most people are using full 64bit systems (just look at Steam Hardware Survey), and holding onto 32bit only holds things back.
  5. Lags and freezes are due to your CPU's ability to cache information (loading in trucks), not caused by RAM. (but low ram WILL do this, too). This might fix that for some, might make it worse for others. Fair warning. You need a MINIMUM of a quad core of at least 3GHz to run this mod at 30+ fps in a heavy place like Rotterdam.
  6. Hopefully this eliminates a lot of the freezing when some people have to cache all the trucks in an area they arrived to. I've been using 64bit since before 2009, and have seen nothing but benefits as more and more software and hardware became supported. Anyone hanging on to 32bit with 95% of people running a fully 64bit system *cough*browsers*cough* (flash supports 64bit), needs to get out of the past and stop using dated technology (unless it's your operating system, that's relatively simple to change.)
  7. Disabling your virus scanner for any reason, except installing something intially (that you KNOW is a false positive), is a very bad idea. Instead add the executeable or the folder to your antivirus' exception list. This way you don't leave yourself vulnerable and probably not forget about it. Edit: Thanks for the update!
  8. http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/998-how-to-fix-the-error-the-archive-is-either-in-unknown-format-or-damaged/
  9. I've noticed some people can't open the archive at all, the solution is to use WinRAR and browse to where the archive is located and use the repair option directly on the archive.
  10. Asterisk

gtx 970

The engine was also not optimized for more than one player, so imo the only other way for it to improve is if SCS helped or optimized the game for it. I doubt that since they have 1.15 coming and plan on doing an American Truck Simulator
  11. Run the installer as an administrator
  12. Asterisk

0.1.1 Alpha

Great work! Chatting while still being able to drive with my wheel will be nice!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.