Volvo
  • EU Garage Location
    France: Montpellier
  • Known languages
    French, English

External Websites

• World Of Trucks

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Foobrother's Achievements

Explorer

Explorer (5/13)

• Posting Legend
  • Well Followed
  • Posting Machine
  • Popular
  • Discussionist

Recent Badges

1. Very interesting indeed. Not sure if I will use that E-Truck much as it might get boring without sound nor gear changes. Also fingers crossed it won't be faster & quicker than the current trucks. Otherwise racing drivers on TMP will have even more fun driving recklessly and bothering the rest of us.
  2. If I wasn't waiting for sooooo many other much more important changes, I would probably find this new improvement super great. I guess now people will be able to write "REC BAN" in multiple languages and with friendly smileys
  3. This is what should have happened (warning: this is a UK video): Another source (check point 179 & 180): https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/road-junctions.html
  4. I personally think that such high sensitivity settings shouldn't be allowed on simulation servers and people should drive more safely. But it's allowed! So, as mentioned by other players above, you won't be punished if you were braking for a good reason and the person behind didn't manage to avoid you (because of no safety distance etc...). That said, as a keyboard player as well, if you're still not happy being rear-ended constantly, I would strongly advise you to keep a good safety distance in front of you to allow a more progressive speed reduction when traffic is slowing down in front. And to simulate progressive/slow braking with a keyboard, I'm mostly using the retarder and engine brakes. That way people can see that you are braking while not being surprised by an instance change of speed. Much safer!
  5. I would looooooove to see the AI traffic finally working correctly in roundabouts! I'm fed up to be get hit by AI traffic not seeing me on the roundabout and entering the roundabout anyway!
  6. Thanks for sharing this video wasn't aware of it. This player spent some time and energy to expose his point of view and suggestions to TMP on a video. Very nice initiative. When I look at it I can see (from what he says) that in 2021 (I wasn't on TMP until 2022) the game moderation seemed quite strict (maybe too strict). I think we can all agree that today the game moderation (including the rules) are MUCH LESS strict with lower/shorter punishments. Is the situation any better? HELL NOOOOO! @Granite [SVK] summed it all up: Want to play with many other players on ETS2 > Go on TMP Want to be in an area with a decent amount of other players > Go to CD area Want to avoid trolls and idiots making your TMP experience a painful one > Go OUT of CD area Want to find more players > Go to step 2 and SHUT UP as we don't care about your opinion/suggestions and prefer to have more and more players (racing/trolling or not) on the server.
  7. Foobrother

Report Limit

100% wrong. Before the limit was reduced from 20 to 10 there was already a very good system to achieve that. And it's actually still in place. Each time you have a declined report (because you reported something which doesn't even deserve a kick), you automatically get your total number of report slots reduced. And ultimately if you keep on doing that you have 0 or 1 slot only. No need to reduce the total from 20 to 10 for everyone I'm sorry! This reduction is ONLY there to reduce the total number of web reports received (good or bad) to reduce the load on the report moderation team.
  8. Yeah! Lets make CD a proper race track! There are too many obstacles. We should also correct some uneven surfaces where it's making trucks shake a little bit and you lose 3-4km/h !!! Also we should remove the speed limit signs as there are some weird people following them and driving super slow!
  9. I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind having a visual external mod like police flashing lights which can't be seen and impact the environment around you? The whole point of police flashing lights is to be seen by others so that they can let you pass etc... OK you will have some fancy police flashing lights but that's it.
  10. Well ideally there should be a game moderator checking in-game reports and the road for any player blocking the road for too long. I don't think the locomotive should be banned from that road because it's fairly easy to transport it when you have a 700+ bhp truck. Of course you can't fly/race like some of these idiots driving with empty trailers as if they were on a Monte Carlo rally stage! But that's not the point of this road! So banning the locomotive would penalise all the players who have a minimum of skills to transport it. It would be a different story if it was almost impossible to transport this cargo. But it's not.
  11. Very interesting reply. You're saying that we shouldn't force a setting on TMP if it's something that can be enable/disable on the base game. But isn't the Arcade server collision free? As far as I know there is no UI setting in the base game to make things collision free (the base game forces collisions)? Still TMP is "forcing" collision free in Arcade. So why is it completely fine to break your rule for Arcade (forcing no collision)? But not for Simulation 2 (forcing fatigue etc...)? That shows the philosophy/strategy of TMP over the last few years: going more towards Arcade and less towards Simulation.
  12. Thanks again for opening an interesting topic! Would be really fun indeed. More simulation/realism can't be bad from my point of view. Unfortunately, until traffic AI is introduced, you will still have the same problem of a very empty map which ruins the fun imho.
  13. Very good question. I don't know where exactly but: People will definitely regroup on the same road/area (because that's what people are looking for in TMP: meeting other players) and, within a few days/weeks one will be more and more popular to become the new C-D It won't be anywhere outside the default map (without any DLC) since a lot of players don't have additional maps DLCs. Even if people mentioned Scandinavia areas, I think you can forget it. Forget also UK/Ireland. Most people don't like driving on the left side (some will say "wrong side") of the road My bet would be a similar single line road close to the old C-D. Sounds boring but I'm afraid it will be the case And, as for me, I will wait and see. I've not been on TMP for a couple of month (not interested in CD madness and too boring outside). If it turns out that people are more spread I might try joining again the flow.
  14. Foobrother

Report Limit

Looks like here we have one of the reasons why the report system load is currently at "Low" If people get their max report slots reduced but never increased back to 10 over time, you will slowly end up with less and less players able to report If it was possible I would happily share some of my report slots with people as I stopped playing on TMP since last year
  15. Well as some said, now that we are at a low activity on web-reports, Game Moderators should have more time for in-game reports moderation which has been inexistant for many months now. From my point of view, immediate in-game kick/ban a few sec/min after you made the offense has the best impact on players and it's also a lesson for other players around seeing the player being punished instantly!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.