Profile Information

• American Garage Location
    Not set
  • EU Garage Location
    Not set
  • Known languages
    English (US)

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

OtherGuy's Achievements

Contributor

Contributor (4/13)

• Conversation Starter
  • Well Followed
  • Getting Noticed
  • Collaborator
  • Dedicated

Recent Badges

1. OtherGuy

Road Events

I thought the original suggestion was to make 'Random road events' (as in the default randomly generated traffic events, which are enabled in singleplayer Gameplay Options) sync, but apparently I read it wrong: It seems Chema9's suggestion (based on the reply) is for road events to be temporarily added in specific places (through the Map editor) similar to Real Operations. It wouldn't be feasible to do this all the time, but Featured Zone includes some of that and hopefully it will happen more often in the future. Anyway, I do think making 'Random road events' (and weather for that matter) sync across all players is a good idea. It would definitely need to be excluded from populated areas as said above. I personally don't know a way to disable road events in the Map editor - though I think Reforma might have done something like that in ATS a few years back? but you'd have to ask them. Either way, if all else fails it sounds like something that could be coded in, but I'm not a developer.
  2. Hello! On 3 June 2023, you launched the first iteration of Featured Zone, which lasted just over one month. Despite being in Calais, where there is already a lot of traffic, I still think it was a promising trial for what could become a successful way to bring traffic away from C-D and to otherwise-less-traveled regions. However, since the event there has been almost no mention of Featured Zone by the TruckersMP Team. It has been so long since the event that some players have already forgotten about it. Going forward, is the goal to schedule these once or twice a year, like Real Operations, or will they be happening more frequently? I personally would love to see more of these every few months (or even more often than that for shorter 2-week-long events). Also, do you have a timeline for when we might see the next Featured Zone? Thanks.
  3. The main problem I see is the lack of events encouraging anyone to leave C-D road. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember any SCS events that actually brought traffic to an area other than C-D and Las Vegas since Genoa Bridge (in ETS2) and Big Sur (in ATS). (TLDR at the end) I scrolled all the way through the SCS blog back to January of last year, and the following is every event in that time (counting backwards). Note that these are all great events, and I think they should keep running them, but here is why they don't work for generating traffic: Haulin' Hearts - 6 Feb. 2024 to 18 Feb. 2024 You could complete the goal in either game, so there was no incentive to try the other game. There was no restriction on where you could deliver, so you could complete the goal by only driving from Calais to Duisburg (or in and out of Las Vegas) 14 times. This event began the day after the previous events ended, so there was no cooldown period. Christmas Winterland - Originally 14 Dec. 2023 to 14 Jan. 2024, extended on 12 Jan. 2024 to 5 Feb. 2024 Winterland was accessed via portals which were available at all sleeping areas, meaning players were not attracted to a specific route. (However, the event was based on points awarded to each city, which did encourage players to drive in areas they otherwise would not.) This event overlapped 2 other SCS events. The extension of this event caused it to end the day before the next event began, so there was no cooldown period. Cruising Kansas (ATS only) - Originally 30 Nov. 2023 to 28 Jan. 2024, extended on 12 Jan. 2024 to 5 Feb. 2024 This is a DLC-based event, limiting the number of participants. Also, it is based on all cities in the DLC, meaning players were not attracted to a specific route. This event overlapped 2 other SCS events. The extension of this event caused it to end the day before the next event began, so there was no cooldown period. Cruising the Balkans (ETS2 only) - 19 Oct. 2023 to 19 Dec. 2023 This is a DLC-based event, limiting the number of participants. Also, it is based on all cities in the DLC, meaning players were not attracted to a specific route. This event overlapped 3 other SCS events. Happy Hauloween - 24 Oct. 2023 to 14 Nov. 2023 You could complete the goal in either game, so there was no incentive to try the other game. There was no restriction on where you could deliver (except distance), so you could complete the goal by only driving from Calais to Duisburg (or in and out of Las Vegas) 13 times. This event overlapped 1 other SCS event. Cruising Oklahoma (ATS only) - 1 Aug. 2023 to 1 Oct. 2023 This is a DLC-based event, limiting the number of participants. Also, it is based on all cities in the DLC, meaning players were not attracted to a specific route. Sweet Valentine - 7 Feb. 2023 to 19 Feb. 2023 Read the dates: There were no SCS events in March, April, May, June, or July. You could complete the goal in either game, so there was no incentive to try the other game. There was no restriction on where you could deliver (except distance), so you could complete the goal by only driving from Calais to Duisburg (or in and out of Las Vegas) 14 times. While I'm here, below are my opinions on some of TruckersMP's 2023 events (counting backwards again): Winter Island - December 2023 and January 2024 (I don't have exact dates) I did not participate in this, but it looked like a fun event: It featured a good looking map (in my opinion, much better than Haulie Island, which uses outdated textures) that included a large-enough area with more than one road, attracting traffic similar to Genoa Bridge. The map release also featured a photo contest event. They could have included a delivery event similar to Winterland to encourage players to do more than just drive around. This event overlapped at least 2 SCS events. ETS2 only Real Operations V15 - 25 November 2023 Good: Encourages realistic driving operations in otherwise-less-traveled regions. Bad: Only happens on a separate event server. Bad: Not accessible to many players as it only lasts 4 hours. ETS2 only The Big Pumpkin Pickup - 20 Oct. 2023 to 31 Oct. 2023 This was a great event: It brought traffic to a specific otherwise-less-traveled city (Rostock) for over a week. However, this event overlapped 2 SCS events (but, to be fair, one of them was only announced after the TMP event started). ETS2 only Fruity Freight Fiesta - 5 June 2023 to 2 July 2023 This was more similar to a standard SCS event: You could complete the goal in either game, so there was no incentive to try the other game. There was no restriction on where you could deliver, so you could complete the goal by only driving from Calais to Duisburg (or in and out of Las Vegas) 5 times. This event overlapped 1 other TruckersMP event. Featured Zone (V1?) - 3 June 2023 to 2 July 2023 Similar to Real Operations but on the main servers. Lasts longer than Real Operations. Good concept, but why hasn't there been another edition? This event overlapped 1 other TruckersMP event. ETS2 only TMP9 Freeroam - 1 May 2023 to 21 May 2023 I think there could have been an additional incentive to use the Freeroam server, such as a delivery challenge. Otherwise, people only really went there for chaos (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still). ETS2 only Easter Egg Hunt - 9 April 2023 This is a DLC-based event, limiting the number of participants. Only lasted 4 hours. ETS2 only Summary: SCS event scheduling causes player burnout by cramming multiple events in Q4 with zero events in Q2. TruckersMP is much better at spreading out their events over the whole year. SCS repeatedly uses a generic format for most events, consisting of a themed cargo and themed awards but nothing else special about the event. This format could work for 2-week long filler events each month, but instead they make these the only events outside of Christmas. Both SCS and TruckersMP fail to create events that properly encourage ATS traffic. TruckersMP in particular has a hard time even remembering ATS exists. The Big Pumpkin Pickup is a perfect example of what both SCS and TruckersMP should be doing regularly. What happened to Featured Zone?
  4. Report Summary - You can create 10 more reports, your limit is 10 - 12 of your reports have been accepted so far - 3 of your reports have been declined so far
  5. Based on the results of the February surveys, I expected the 110 km/h server and the 150 km/h server to have equal player counts, because players can choose a "fast" server and a "slow" server. However, the 110 km/h is not actually a "slow" server, but is instead a "compromise" server. When there was only one Simulation server, 110 km/h was a good compromise, but it doesn't make sense now that there are two servers. For most players, the game has not changed because everyone can drive the same speed they were driving before on the same compromise server; therefore there is no reason to use the 150 km/h server. The only way to push the fast drivers to the fast server is to make the slow server 90 km/h. Simulation 2 is not a compromise at 150 km/h (93 mph). Simulation 1 also should not be.
  6. Unfortunately, I recently reset my PC, and only reinstalled TruckersMP in the last few days. I looked in that folder, and I did not find any files labeled April Fools. Do you have them in your files? Or perhaps it was there, but listed under a different name?
  7. Does anyone here still have the files from the new road, and is willing to upload it? Thanks
  8. The new road was on the Simulation (non-ProMods) servers, but only for April Fools. ProMods actually does not have C-D road - while it does include most of the motorways in the area of C-D road, the Autobahn 40 from the A73 (NL) to Duisburg* is notably absent from ProMods. This is because ProMods recreates the entire Benelux region without regard for the original road placements (as many of the non-motorway roads (including C-D road) in the original version of ETS2 are actually not based on any real-life road). *In addition, ProMods' recreation of Benelux is actually quite old - though their version of Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany (including Duisburg) is even older (arguably worse than SCS' Duisburg, and it definitely needs to be rebuilt).
  9. Guest

Wow you already left TMP ? Congrats ?

1. Changas!

Changas!

Why congrats? :HaulieSus:

2. Guest

Because it's as good to leave as it's to join ?  He helped TMP for a moment and now that will be a new adventure ? 

3. Vlossom
  10. Thank you for your time on the team, we hope to see you soon. 

11. Sad to see you leaving 896749734788730880.webp?size=96&quality=lossless Thanks for all your hard work in the team and hope to see you return again someday :HaulieLove:

12. Sad to see you leaving, but take care ?

13. Take care OtherGuy. I hope to see you again soon. ?

14. I'm sorry to see you leave.

15. Take care mate! :HaulieLove:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.