Profile Information

• Known languages
    English, Sarcasm

TruckersMP Information

Recent Profile Visitors

2142 profile views

MadCowTransport's Achievements

Community Answers

1. It probably comes down to an answer as simple as.... nobody else on the team is willing to learn/do that kind of work for free. And I highly doubt enough people donate to TMP to spread any kind of wealth what so ever. I don't know much about the inner workings of TMP but in my experience with any kind of modding..... even small updates can require dozens of man hours and larger updates will require hundreds, and occasionally thousands of man hours. So I am assuming the updates are being done by the one guy who does this simply because he enjoys this type of work.... while the rest probably would not be motivated enough without money.
  2. I made this to help out anyone who is having issues properly setting up their controller for good driving, particularly the XBOX gamepad. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2119540828
  3. Quick jobs work, you just can't join multiplayer until the initial tutorial job is done... or else no quick jobs will show up in order to progress any further. But after you finish that first job in single player you can actually do the quick jobs in multiplayer. I've done it that way for years whenever I created a new profile, most recently a couple of weeks ago when I got a new computer and decided I want to experience the game from the start again instead of transferring my save. I did all my quick jobs saving up for my truck in multiplayer. The main issue is on occasion they'll tell you that you are late even if you literally just started the job. I think this is the first quick job you choose after logging in, due to the job time not being synced with MP time. But after that it works fine, just like doing any other job.
  4. The solution that always works for me is setting steam to open in ADMINISTRATOR MODE. Since ETS2 and ATS are built on a Unity-based engine, I actually learned this trick from other Unity games which have the same issue. Hopefully this solution works for you too
  5. Great feature! I can tell that it is laggy on potatoes or bad internet connections but it works fine for me
  6. A lot of keyboards are preset to stop most other input once one of the letters or numbers are being pressed. Try setting your horn to the shift key or something and see if it still does that, since you need shift to be able to be pushed at the same time as letters to type normally. Also from my past experience if you use the number-pad keys for steering, acceleration, and braking, it tends to not interfere with what you push on the letters/numbers set of keys. Believe it or not this is an issue that has plagued keyboard drivers for decades, which is how I know about it. A few times in the 90's and 2000's I'd have a controller break on me and have to resort to keyboard driving in the old Papyrus sims, where this would become an issue.... so I learned to use numberpad 4 and 6 for left and right, numberpad enter for accel, numberpad period for brake. But I also know that even today, most keyboards that are not the more expensive type still have this limitation. It could also be something else, like if you have the "sticky key" features enabled in windows. But try my first idea first.
  7. Also obviously a good idea not to break the forum rules (well, obviously right?). For example be very careful about questions you post in help. I'm learning this the hard way! I've been threatened with warnings just for asking a legitimate question (more out of me being outdated and a player from the earlier days of ETS2MP), even after following another mod's advice and attempting to use the search feature to find the answer but unable to find it. So I'd suggest using google as well to see if you find the answer before posting a question here. Also another mistake I made was doing some "catching up" and replying to several forum posts in one night. This is considered illegal bumping even if your answers are not copy-and-paste style. So also make sure you only reply to a couple or a few threads at a time. It takes getting used to the exceptionally strict workings of this forum. It is respectable though. Treat this forum as if it using the absolute most traditional and formal of forum policy. Read the rules and know that the rules are no joke here. Don't get yourself 1 step from being officially warned in a matter of 24 hours like I did haha. On the bright side, I have earned a few rep points, so I guess I'm doing a couple things right xD
  8. Actually this did help me. I was not aware there was a Sweet FX mod for this game. I've seen it in Automobilista. I'll have to look for that soon. Thanks!
  9. I feel like the tint on the windows is too dark. While it might be realistic, I was wondering if there was any way to reduce this effect, without using a broad setting such as "brightness".... since that also makes dark coloring look too bright. Is there a mod for this that would be compatible with multiplayer? Or even a simple ini setting or something? I guess really I just feel like a bright and sunny day doesn't look bright and sunny enough when I'm inside the truck, which is how I drive.
  10. Traffic would be really bad for performance unless there was like 10 or less players on the server. 2000 would be wayyyyyyyyy past the thresh hold of what the server and the average internet connection could handle. What's the point of traffic if you can only have like 10 or less traffic AI per country most of the time? To make traffic noticeable you'd need like 300 traffic AI entities per country.
  11. hahaha I know it's a few days after Halloween.... but the image of the more populated cities in multiplayer WITH AI traffic is probably the scariest thing I've seen all month! Think I'm going to have nightmares tonight for sure It wouldn't matter if you had a beast computer or a potato.... this would be total rubbish short of everyone having fiber/gigabyte internet and a major server upgrade.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.