Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What if Calais - Duisburg road, Suddenly got removed?

garnikus

So, my question is.. What would you do, if the road connecting Calais and Duisburg got removed or changed like the pictures below?

Where would your Go-To place be and do you think it would negatively impact Admins, Convoys, Content creators or people who mostly drive away from that mayhem?

https://imgur.com/a/Na61f0F

My answer is: If that happened, I'd just keep the same as now. I haven't used that infamous road for years and everywhere else, I know how to avoid most trolls and reckless drivers and when I can't, I know how to get video and get them banned. But any possible problems wouldn't last long. Like Der Joey said, those players who now are always on that road would simply find a new narrow one to turn it into idiots' paradise, it would be known soon enough and that would make that road the new "place to avoid" for me. Simple.

25 minutes ago, TARK777 said:

It has already been 'suddenly removed' ?
All that really happened is Players gathered at the entrance of either side of the stretch of road. 

Yes it really happened :D :D  

Tekerimiz 'DÜZ' Bassın..

|—————————————————————————————————|

Red'Sire- Veteran Driver

2 hours ago, TARK777 said:

It has already been 'suddenly removed' ?
All that really happened is Players gathered at the entrance of either side of the stretch of road. 

That was a prank on part of TMP, I think they should repeat that whenever report system gets overloaded, which I guess would be every other day or so.

I don't think SCS will change anything anytime soon, though, except reskin of the dutch part, should they ever extend rebuild efforts to netherlands. 

I am confident, that infestation will remain contained for many years to come.

Some of them will simply don't know where to go because they are just random drivers.

They don't know each other, just driving on the same road back and forth. That road is the connection between these random drivers and the only thing to enjoy TruckersMP. It happened once on the 1st of April this year as a practical joke where all exits of the C-D is blocked. But they will just pick another route to reach Duisburg from Calais simply they know these 2 cities have the most players online. Nothing can stop they travel from Calais to Duisburg. Even if it requires a 500km detour, they will form a route from point A to B within days. Then, a new C-D road is formed. (just my prediction)

I have to say, this is an innovative question :D

Not sure it would impact the players who, like me, don't really frequent that road. I tend to do jobs well away from the area specifically because of the mayhem and 10 year olds (some more literally than others) driving that particular stretch.

The admins would have face different challenges; I think more recorded footage to review as people have to resort to recordings more, and less real-time 'firefighting' with idiots blocking intersections etc.

I think we can all agree that the fools and cheaters should all have a 'Beautiful Day'... ?

As for what would happen to the regulars who are actually reasonable drivers, I'm guessing as others have pointed out, the roaring trade between Calais and Duisberg wouldn't really abate, it'd just shift to the motorways.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @garnikus ,

Since there has been no interaction or reply on the Thread for 2 weeks (14 days) and it's inactive, I am moving this thread to the Archive for the arranging of the forums.

Kind Regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP Game & Community Moderator

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived