How do you feel about the situation in Duisburg

Elynit

This problem will be fixed when 1.39 releases because everyone will want to drive in the new Calais. GGWP

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110  :D

3 hours ago, Unnamed88008 said:

Duisburg is too small for huge traffic in this area. In game it has a bad road network and needs rebuild as it was not even touched by SCS in Germany rebuild yet. Calais is also getting crowded last time maybe because it will be rebuilt in 1.39

2 hours ago, VSOUSA14 said:

This problem will be fixed when 1.39 releases because everyone will want to drive in the new Calais. GGWP

Sorry to break it to you guys, but nothing will change about Duisburg in 1.39, considering immediate area around the city, only what you can see bounded here in red "circle" (yeah I know, it's not circle) and autobahns further to the south have not been touched by Germany rebuild project yet. All the other roads and cities to the west and north of the "circle" have been already retextured, intersections and interchanges changed and I don't think anything else is to be expected there. What happens with roads inside the circle is unknown, but likely only new textures and itersections, interchanges on the autobahns at the right and bottom edges will be upgraded to new standards, and that's all:

949CABA70D9114A91F39BBB6501C071FABAAC13D

Similar situation with Calais, as you can see, general layout remains the same, you will find new textures, some new prefabs, city streets and entryway to the city seem a little bit wider. Only real difference is the absence of the first roundabout, new port area with new large roundabout replacing the old one near the port entry, barely anyone goes to the port now, do you think this will change anything much?

Everything outside the city remains unchanged, including that stupid interchanged with no traffic lights (like anyone there would give a damn if there was traffic lights), where most of the problems with crashes is happening.

SCS will simply not dramatically rebuild every single city, like Paris and Milano, for those that don't remember, these two are rare exceptions, and looked very different in their old versions. Don't expect that level of change for everything. Look at Reims, Lille and now Calais for refference of what kind of changes you can expect.

435549E7C0A6C366BEB01C6E97E93B12D5EC7D31

Its a very busy city, I'll tell you that. People one day decided that Calais > Duisburg will be the most crowded and it stayed that way.

I Highly doubt it will change in the near future. Unless Scs decides to make the road the same as Promods then people will stay there for good.

People go there because it's crowded, I admit, It's fun but at the end of the day you'll just end up with a totaled truck.

I get that it's annoying and all but oh well, what can you do.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, Granite said:

Similar situation with Calais, as you can see, general layout remains the same, you will find new textures, some new prefabs, city streets and entryway to the city seem a little bit wider. Only real difference is the absence of the first roundabout, new port area with new large roundabout replacing the old one near the port entry, barely anyone goes to the port now, do you think this will change anything much?

Everything outside the city remains unchanged, including that stupid interchanged with no traffic lights (like anyone there would give a damn if there was traffic lights), where most of the problems with crashes is happening.

SCS will simply not dramatically rebuild every single city, like Paris and Milano, for those that don't remember, these two are rare exceptions, and looked very different in their old versions. Don't expect that level of change for everything. Look at Reims, Lille and now Calais for refference of what kind of changes you can expect.

435549E7C0A6C366BEB01C6E97E93B12D5EC7D31

I still feel as though Calais is going to be a bit of a mess, especially with that dumb overpass in place of a roundabout, because for whatever reason players somehow suck at overpasses more than roundabouts.

Also if I'm not mistaken, haven't the roads been reduced from 4 lanes down to 2? That can be a blessing and a curse (blessing: slightly less retardation at the overpass; curse: less lanes of traffic for people to use).

On 10/30/2020 at 8:14 PM, garnikus said:

Its a very busy city, I'll tell you that. People one day decided that Calais > Duisburg will be the most crowded and it stayed that way.

I Highly doubt it will change in the near future. Unless Scs decides to make the road the same as Promods then people will stay there for good.

People go there because it's crowded, I admit, It's fun but at the end of the day you'll just end up with a totaled truck.

I get that it's annoying and all but oh well, what can you do.

The hive mind in TMP is so odd. I remember when I started playing how the Rotterdam port was where quite literally 90%+ of the players were and Nurnberg was also somewhat populated, and then within a week everyone shifted to C/D where we are now.

55 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I still feel as though Calais is going to be a bit of a mess, especially with that dumb overpass in place of a roundabout, because for whatever reason players somehow suck at overpasses more than roundabouts.

If I'm going to the ferry, I don't have to deal with idiots in the roundabout anymore, I would still probably circle around and enter the city from the back, where it's safer. Suckers will continue to suck, don't get me started on how idiots treat roundabouts, if they will have to take sharper turn now and get flipped, that will only serve them right.

1 hour ago, flibberdipper said:

Also if I'm not mistaken, haven't the roads been reduced from 4 lanes down to 2? That can be a blessing and a curse (blessing: slightly less retardation at the overpass; curse: less lanes of traffic for people to use).

You are right, streets that were dual lane before are gone, all streets are single lane now, but somehow it feels like there is more breathing room, lanes are very wide and curbs are lower. But most important change is, that for all but one junction, traffic lights are gone. Traffic lights are now only in that corner between hotel and recruitment agency, which is pointless for multiplayer anyway, everywhere else, you need to follow road signs, which will make things so much more interesting - basically making left turn will be impossible in that very first junction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In peak hours, driving this road can be up to 40 minutes ... but not that. Duisburg is way too small, when you turn right towards Duisburg the fight for the FPS begins. But when we enter the city, there are trucks on trucks, it's nice if Duisburg would be enlarged by just one street, possibly improved timing and optimization.

This is the major mistery about this game for me.

I can't understand why all the people drive in Duisburg.

I have all DLC and Promaps, and Duisburg is probably one of the most horrible city.

Small, few roads, nothing to see about the city.

I really can't understand why people always drive from there to Calais, for me the only reason is that 90% of people playing in Server 1 and 2 are there just to make accident, run, and record their great actions of stupidity :D Like in Kirkenes for Promods server.

I think for this people SCS should create game like "Traffi Jam Simulator", or "Accident Simulator", or "How not to drive a Truck simulator" :D

IMO, I dont see the "fun" in going to duisburg, if youre going to deliver then yes fine but all these players going there just for the traffic jam... not my idea of fun.There are so many beautiful citys that SCS have spent ages working on yet those few hundred players do not wish to go experience them.. its a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Elynit,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived