Long Job! (6115km) Can you best it?

Welshie

Hey Everyone!

So a couple of us in KGT wanted to see how long it of a job we could do without losing our minds!

We devised a route From Haql (Part of ME Add on for PM) to Bolungarvk in Iceland, we started at 7:30pm (gmt) and finished at 0:59am so we'll say 1am. It clocked in at 6115KM driven distance, think it was around 8100km with the ferries added.
It was a great drive, There was only two of us, basically testing the route for future use, i made some changes to the route to gett a bit more distance nothing drastic and it was fine, ouR longest stint being through central europe.

Has anyone got any longer routes? (Routes that use, promods/ Middle east addon) As we're keen to try them!
Do you enjoy doing longer hauls? or do you find them boring? do you prefer doing them on MP or SP?

Anyway, i've attached the vtlog info for the job, if you wanna know the route I took I may add it to the post in the future!

Longest Job.png

Hello @Welshie 

Great post. 

I want to share my great trip with you.

In SP, starting at Terkidg - Radus until  Bergen - GNT.  with a total of 4778 km, I made some changes to the route, I used Virtual Expeditor.

It took me 12 hours to finish, including a gas station stop for a snack ? and a sleep ?

It was great fun with great scenery along the way ?

I haven't driven such long routes because I use official SCS DLCs only, so my longest routes are around 2300 kilometres so far (that will change once the Iberian DLC) has been released).

However, I enjoy long hauls but with the addition of considering real world european driving times and resting periods, which makes it more realistic.

I only take whatever game offers, no tools ever, so finding these extreme distance jobs is pretty rare.

My 3 longest jobs taken on Promods map (distance is taken from in-game progress history, so ferry distance is not included):

Oban - Safawi - 4162km

Selfoss - Murmansk - 3508km

Folkestone - Ar-Rutbah - 3149km

I only do WoT on vanilla map, my stats on WoT says the longest job completed is 3198km, but I don't know what route it was, since log book only keeps last 25 jobs, and I have completed more than 2800 in ETS2 alone, and in-game it's impossible to find on my lvl 330+ profile' history.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

However, I enjoy long hauls but with the addition of considering real world european driving times and resting periods, which makes it more realistic.

How you do that in multiplayer? Time passes slower and you can cover unrealistic distances over given time periods. Also in-game resting system is very simplified, not only you can drive for longer and daily resting is shorter than in reality (9h with 45min break, 11h rest - pretty much reversed in-game), but there is also weekly limit (56h driving), fortnightly limit (90h driving) and weekly rests after 6 days of work (45h resting, can be reduced to 24h every 2nd week, but must be compensated next week).

35 minutes ago, Granite said:

I only take whatever game offers, no tools ever, so finding these extreme distance jobs is pretty rare.

My 3 longest jobs taken on Promods map (distance is taken from in-game progress history, so ferry distance is not included):

Oban - Safawi - 4162km

Selfoss - Murmansk - 3508km

Folkestone - Ar-Rutbah - 3149km

I only do WoT on vanilla map, my stats on WoT says the longest job completed is 3198km, but I don't know what route it was, since log book only keeps last 25 jobs, and I have completed more than 2800 in ETS2 alone, and in-game it's impossible to find on my lvl 330+ profile' history.

How you do that in multiplayer? Time passes slower and you can cover unrealistic distances over given time periods. Also in-game resting system is very simplified, not only you can drive for longer and daily resting is shorter than in reality (9h with 45min break, 11h rest - pretty much reversed in-game), but there is also weekly limit (56h driving), fortnightly limit (90h driving) and weekly rests after 6 days of work (45h resting, can be reduced to 24h every 2nd week, but must be compensated next week).

Some nice drives there!

I hadn't even considered the rest times and such, you make a very good point about the limits!

Also nice Profile pic ;)

8 hours ago, Granite said:

I have written down some calculations a while ago, which might be of interest:
Realistic simulation time calculations

Generally speaking, in-game time runs faster than real world time because of the map being scaled to approx. 1:20.

+++ Singleplayer +++

Cities, time ratio 3 to 1

3 game time units correspond to 1 real time unit, e.g. 3 game time hours = 1 real time hour

Outside cities in UK, time ratio 15 to 1
15 game time units correspond to 1 real time unit, e.g. 15 game time hours = to 1 real time hour

Outside cities in the rest of Europe, time ratio 19 to 1
19 game time units correspond to 1 real time unit, e.g. 19 game time hours = 1 real time hour

+++ Multiplayer +++

Independent from location (outside cities and cities have the same time ratio) 6 to 1
6 game time units correspond to 1 real time unit, e.g. 6 game time hours = 1 real time hour

Examples:

4,5 hours in-game driving time ==> 45 minutes real world time
45 minutes in-game rest period ==> 7 minutes and 30 seconds real world time

For me it is not so very important to arrive in time given by the WOT contract, but rather to consider real world requirements and speed limits.

Let me know if you need more input! ?

(Sources:

In-game time to real time (https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35794)

Driving time and rest periods https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/road/social_provisions/driving_time_en

Realistic simulation time calculations https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/78046-realistic-simulation-time-calculations/)

)

@Joao Rodrigues Well, in singleplayer, it's simple , I just use game's fatigue system, and you can just quit wherenver you want, if there is some kind of emergency. Multiplayer, it's more complicated, especially on Promods, since you can't really use WoT there, I try to drive as much as possible when I have time, find a place to stop (NCZ if possible or rest stop, side of the road in emergency), if I feel tired or need something to do, log off, then come back later. Shorter routes (up to 750km) I try to finish in one sitting. Thanks for the tips though.

@Welshie How come I've overloked your profile pic?:o Nice choice.

7 hours ago, amatikuski said:

And what is the longest route for the vanilla game with dlc's? Assuming somewhere from italy to norway. Might actually look into this. 

Probably longest route is Istanbul - Aberdeen, which can be over 4000km total distance, and Eurotunnel only takes 60km off of that.

Other long routes with only short ferry distances are :

Istanbul - Bergen - about 3600km

Palermo - Vyborg - about 3800km

5 hours ago, Welshie said:

very Impressive! Either this weekend or next I shall be attempting a 8000km+ run, I imagine I’m probably gg in a lose my mind ?

Thanks! I want to be honest. I wasn’t paying attention at all time. Especially while driving on the Autobahn or Highways (just a straight road) I was just watching Netflix while driving. I have developed a special skill to drive and to watch Netflix! ( look at my damage :)). 
but obviously I was paying attention in curves, when other player were nearby or in crowded areas. I have never put any other player in danger! (Tap list is always open)

This “skill” shouldn’t be used in Real life btw  ?

On 10/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, Josh115 said:

Thanks! I want to be honest. I wasn’t paying attention at all time. Especially while driving on the Autobahn or Highways (just a straight road) I was just watching Netflix while driving. I have developed a special skill to drive and to watch Netflix! ( look at my damage :)). 
but obviously I was paying attention in curves, when other player were nearby or in crowded areas. I have never put any other player in danger! (Tap list is always open)

This “skill” shouldn’t be used in Real life btw  ?

That is truly a skill! i share it, quite often got a podcast or something open!

Hello there!

I do not enjoy driving long distances. So boring

I load short distances multiple times instead. ;) 

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

On 10/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, 3601 said:

Hello there!

I do not enjoy driving long distances. So boring

I load short distances multiple times instead. ;) 

Same for me.

But I still have done jobs for over 3000km. I don't remember from where to where (I deleted my profile) but probably from Russia/Finland to France/Italy.

In the last time I am playing on Promods so I will probably have jobs for over 5000km.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived