Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

euro truck simulatro 3

faby

Hello, @faby

Right now, with all of the updates and DLCs that are being released for ETS2, I don't see a reason for them to come out with a brand new version of the game. Not only that, but they also seem to constantly be pushing out updates with some of the old things, including updating cities and making them more up to date.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ping me and I'll try my best to answer them.

Sincerely,

POVGamer

Where did you hear those rumors?

Technically we are on ETS38 now ;)

ETS3 will not happen anytime soon (and might be even never).

As of now, we are on ETS2 v1.38 with 1.39 in experimental beta already, and I see this trend continue over the course of the games excistense.. One day we might see ETS2 v1.100

The reason for this is if SCS decides to launch Euro Truck Simulator 3, they will lose ALL licences and they have to renegotiate ALL of them again, since licences are bound to ETS2 and not ETS3.

So that means all truck brand, and all trailer brands, going through the hassle of licencing them again, spending time, money and manpower to this, and that's just not worth it, not at all..

The game will keep recieving new updates under it's current ETS2 name probably for it's full lifespend.

I don't think there is any need at all for a ETS3 at this stage in the game. ETS2 is still being updated and upgraded quite nicely, and there's really not that many new features needed to warrant ETS3. 

In fact I'd say SCS has gone above and beyond all expectations with ETS2

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I don't really think Euro Truck Simulator 3 is something that is going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 has such a strong and large playerbase, and particularly modding community that it would likely just be more beneficial for SCS to just keep updating the current game with new features and expansions. As we've seen even this year new trucks are still being added, there are map DLCs waiting to be released and they even started making some graphical tweaks last time - so they are clearly not forgetting about ETS2 anytime soon.

ETS2 was a massive leap from the original Euro Truck Simulator but I don't think a third installment would be as major. Of course, none of us can be sure :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @faby,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived