Abolish Speed Caps, and implement effective measures.

KimbaPlays

21 hours ago, truckersmpusername said:

thats kind of totalitarian honestly, the trolls arent really that big of an issue in the first place, ive played maybe a couple times a month for awhile and havent ran into a troll for probably 2 months

To define the usage restriction of a server by a certain amount of playing time as totalitarianism seems rather far-fetched to me.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:27 PM, Phon said:

There was a lot of thought that went into the current decision to set the speed limit at 110km/h or 68mph on our Euro Truck Simulator 2 servers. Yes, generally the speed limits are not this high and only reach up to 60mph in the UK - but TruckersMP at the end of the day is still a game / game modification. Indeed we are focusing on simulation and realism, and having a safe driving environment thanks to the work of our Game Moderation Team - however sometimes there are things that can be changed slightly to make the experience just a bit better even if it means moving away from the total realism idea here and there.

110km/h or 68mph as a limit means that if you are driving on a normal motorway delivering a job etc, then you can go at the speed limit if you want to like you would in real life without any worries. Let's assume it's 90km/h or 55mph. However, it is perfectly okay according to the current rules to drive at 110km/h or 68mph on the roads if you want to, as long as other rules are being respected and your driving is safe. This increased server limit allows these people to overtake those going the speed limit, without absolutely zooming past at a genuinely ridiculous speed like 130 / 140km/h.

110km/h or 68mph is a good balance in my opinion to allow those who want to drive at the speed limit to do so, and for those who want to drive above it also to do so without having a big impact on the realism and simulation immersion being enjoyed by those obeying the limit. Having this limit server-wide means wherever you go you this will be the case. If you choose to drive in one of the quieter areas you still probably won't want someone shooting past you at 160km/h - hence why there is not a limit enforced in busy areas, but not in quieter areas.

This is generally why the limit is as it is, and I personally think it's okay as it is. 110km/h or 68mph is still plenty fast enough for trucks while not absolutely flying past people.

THIS..! I really agree - 110 km does still make it durable and meets both ends - for those who is into favor of realism and those who aren't.

In the past when you where driving C-D and people where overtaking with 140+, it was simply impossible to have both favors.

I don't think so. If you cancel the speed limit, some vehicles will drive unscrupulously and increase traffic accidents. I think if you want to be free from speed control, I suggest you go to the arcade server to play. There is no collision and no speed limit. If the speed of arcade is not enough for you, you can go offline and change the data yourself

Reducing the speed limit will not cure stupidity. In fact, nothing will.

As for the speed matter, I've always driven within the speed limit and for me it is still fun. If they want to overtake me flying but they do it good, I really don't mind at all.

The only way to avoid this matter is to enforce a server-side lower stability for the truck and trailer. Probably not possible otherwise they would have done it already.

As long as it is stable, speed is viable. 

[ World of Trucks | TrucksBook | TwitchTV | Speed Limit ]

12 hours ago, happymeso said:

Reducing the speed limit will not cure stupidity. In fact, nothing will.

As for the speed matter, I've always driven within the speed limit and for me it is still fun. If they want to overtake me flying but they do it good, I really don't mind at all.

The only way to avoid this matter is to enforce a server-side lower stability for the truck and trailer. Probably not possible otherwise they would have done it already.

As long as it is stable, speed is viable. 

I agree with what they say, they prefer accidents and accidents that want more speed

Kind Regards,
 Suskun

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @KimbaKrom,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived