Abolish Speed Caps, and implement effective measures.

KimbaPlays

OH MY GOD, MY LORD, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? I'LL WRE-

Fine. But listen to this:

Speed Caps are not going to reduce trollers. Speed can and not be a factor in crashes and incidents that happen, yet it shouldn't at least be applied everywhere.

Example: I was making a Delivery. I was on a Highway, and I see a Skoda on the Right Lane doing 70/80km/h. A truck, who was on my front, started to overtake him, and from out of nowhere, the Skoda just goes against him, making him flip and get stuck.

Now, was Speed a Factor? Maybe. But we are on a Highway, we aren't going to be doing 50/60km/h in a Highway.

What I propose that should be effective over time:

- Implement Speed Caps, only on Highways that have Heavy Traffic. This in Highways that connect Calais/Duisburg, West Germany, Northern West France, Southern UK.

- Abolish Speed Caps on Highways that do not have such Traffic. Finland, Sweden, Italy, Czech Republic, etc.

If the above do not work:

- Make EU SIM 1 and 2 only for Truckers that have more than 25 hours.

This is, in my opinion, the only way we can fight them.

signature.thumb.png.bfe2cc665caf77260e3320280c4eb0a7.png

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This is supposed to be a simulation game, not a truck racing game, if you don't want to have a speed limit go play in the arcade server :) 

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110  :D

10 minutes ago, VSOUSA14 said:

This is supposed to be a simulation game, not a truck racing game, if you don't want to have a speed limit go play in the arcade server :) 

I cannot argue with that. Then implement stricter speed caps according to reality? Or are you agains't it? Since, for example, in Germany, the speed limit for trucks with more than 7500kg of Gross Weight, except on the autobahns, speed limit is 70-80km/h.

And we have cars, also remembering that: Autobahns don't have speed limit for those...

I believe certain truckers are responsible enough to have knowledge about speed limits. There hasn't to be a cap, restricting you to get past 110km/h.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I agree with you that adding a speed limit will not stop people from trolling, but if we all work together to report them in the game or website, this will be a better game with less trollers.

1 hour ago, KimbaKrom said:

Then implement stricter speed caps according to reality?

We don't have to tighten the rules or give total freedom (because giving the possibility to drive a truck at 165KM/H like it was possible some years ago, it will take away the realism of the game), but rather reach a consensus where everyone can have fun.

In my opinion, I think the 110 limit it's fine, and already saw some players asking to reduce the limit to 90Km/h and I also agree with.

summing up: if you want to reduce the trollers in the game, just report them to the staff

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110  :D

Hey there,

I'm going to share my point of view and it's opinion in this topic.

If I'm wrong with something or else, just quote me and tell me more about it.

So, let's carry on:

17 hours ago, KimbaKrom said:

Speed Caps are not going to reduce trollers. Speed can and not be a factor in crashes and incidents that happen, yet it shouldn't at least be applied everywhere.

Yes, that may be true, but it does not contribute to the simulation factor. As TMP started to go on more simulation than anything else, even if it doesn't seem like it, they made changes done some time ago. As the speed cap wasn't really intended to be a purpose of stopping rule breakers, to play the modification or to behave in the game.

Example: I was making a Delivery. I was on a Highway, and I see a Skoda on the Right Lane doing 70/80km/h. A truck, who was on my front, started to overtake him, and from out of nowhere, the Skoda just goes against him, making him flip and get stuck.

Now, was Speed a Factor? Maybe. But we are on a Highway, we aren't going to be doing 50/60km/h in a Highway.

In this case, physics are the factor, basically, how the physics engine of the game works, not talking about that. There are many examples and cases of crashes and incidents, where speed makes a difference. The faster, the less control you have of the truck. You will have most likely a higher chance to be part of an incident. I'm not stating facts, but that's how it probably would be.

- Implement Speed Caps, only on Highways that have Heavy Traffic. This in Highways that connect Calais/Duisburg, West Germany, Northern West France, Southern UK.

- Abolish Speed Caps on Highways that do not have such Traffic. Finland, Sweden, Italy, Czech Republic, etc.

That is basically, telling all players that, if they want to drive fast, go somewhere else than C-D Road or any other speed limited place. There are various locations and routes, to go around then, to avoid the speed limits. Most likely players will find a new route, and other players, that are sticking to the simulation factor are going to be part of it, because of it's popularity, as once with other routes that were and are popular.

- Make EU SIM 1 and 2 only for Truckers that have more than 25 hours.

This could be a good way to split servers in half, and to keep at one point intentional rule breakers out of the Simulation Servers. There might be still some walk-arounds. I would like to hear more about that. @KimbaKrom Your opinion on how it should be enforced, rules that would apply to this and more, explain a bit! ;)

15 hours ago, VSOUSA14 said:

summing up: if you want to reduce the trollers in the game, just report them to the staff

This is more like a short term solution, saying with that, only because a game has a report system, it doesn't mean they stop rule breakers to keep playing it. Even if some intentional rule breakers are banned once, they will continue after it expires, or get a new account. This,  most likely will not reduce the intentional rule breakers to a half in this game. As my guess is, it keeps it at a steady rate.

To take part of the simulation effect, I drive the given speed limits and follow the given road laws in this game. And this should be the given aspect of the modification. As I'm for a lower Speed Limitation, I don't like the idea of abolishing the speed limitations on the Simulation Servers, as other measures that are well thought out, could be more effective. There is also a European Evaluation Study in Speed Limitation Devices, which has alot of information and understanding in "why a speed limitation is useful". I know that this is not based on a game, but it gives some insight on how close the simulation to Speed Limitation is and a summary why it is useful, and to understand it better.

I hope this gives a pretty clear insight of my opinion, and I hope to see more. Let's keep this discussion going! :)

Y'all have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Chris Kodiak

There's one suggestion that nobody ever brings up when it comes to dealing with trolls; if hundreds or thousands of players would stop endlessly congregating in the same areas like C-D, and spread out, then things would be far better. I can't even understand why people do it; there's an entire giant map to play with and yet most players seem to hang around the same spots day in, day out. I go all over the map and I rarely ever encounter trolls or bad drivers.

And I know what said people will say "But it's so empty outside the areas like C-D" - Yes, because people aren't spreading out. It's self-defeating logic.

The speed caps are fine as they are.

If you cancel the online speed, there will be many players in the game to increase the speed to 150Km/h or more in the task or free mode.

Although this won't happen in many places, if both players are fast and one player has a high Ping value. If one of them stops suddenly, the players behind will be affected(accident or rollover)

If you want to remove the speed limit, go to the Arcade server

Sincerely,

Hope you have a nice day~

Alan | TruckersMP | Language in English

Wanna reach me? View in Forum | Profile

To be honest, there is only TWO possible solutions to the trolls experienced in TruckersMP:

1. Remove all collisions from all servers
  2. Shut down TruckersMP

Neither of those solutions are exactly a good idea, but they are the only solutions to get rid of trolling; anything else is just a failed attempt.

1 hour ago, McclaudEagle said:

To be honest, there is only TWO possible solutions to the trolls experienced in TruckersMP:

1. Remove all collisions from all servers
  2. Shut down TruckersMP

Neither of those solutions are exactly a good idea, but they are the only solutions to get rid of trolling; anything else is just a failed attempt.

1. Trolls are able to find other ways to troll the regular Players, even when there is no Collision!

2. Trolls are in every Multiplayer Game and on every possible Online Source! We should better shut down the Internet! ;)

Since speedlimit of 110km/h was introduced there is way less ramming, way less speeding... it kinda feels like all the 150km/h guys left. So yes 110km/h speedlimit does have an effect, sure there are still trolls but not as many as there used to be, I feel safer honestly, I havent had someone ram me since 110km/h was introduced, I did have a few encounters with trolls in a car but, truckers are fine for the most part.

16 hours ago, Chris Kodiak said:

This could be a good way to split servers in half, and to keep at one point intentional rule breakers out of the Simulation Servers. There might be still some walk-arounds. I would like to hear more about that. @KimbaKrom Your opinion on how it should be enforced, rules that would apply to this and more, explain a bit! ;)

It is pretty basic, just like it says:

All Truckers that do not have more than 25 Registered Hours in TruckersMP can't access EU SIM 1 and 2.

This would divert new truckers, and trollers, to other servers where Collisions are disabled, which would basically make it impossible to troll.

All the other Truckers that have more than 25 Registered Hours can access every Server.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

11 minutes ago, KimbaKrom said:

All Truckers that do not have more than 25 Registered Hours in TruckersMP can't access EU SIM 1 and 2.

Idk if you know but there is free software to make hours for you, i used for a game and i have more than 1k hours in that game.

Besides reporting, there is no way to stop trollers.

14 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

TruckersMP introduced the speed limits to reduce the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

There was no talk about it being a measure against trolls.

Seconded. The knock-on effect of abolishing a speed limit and (as several people have noted) a consequential need to report more and more people, would be an overwhelmed admin team who give their time voluntarily as it is. If you've reported anyone recently, you'll have seen their workload being noted as 'very high'. I'm not saying that it couldn't be incorporated long term, but the short and medium term would have to be very well planned and thought out, with many, many more people being recruited. I think the realities of being able to pull off that kind of thing on the simulation servers would be detrimental. I'm afraid my voice stays firmy in the '110kph is fine' category.

2 hours ago, VSOUSA14 said:

Idk if you know but there is free software to make hours for you, i used for a game and i have more than 1k hours in that game.

Besides reporting, there is no way to stop trollers.

Yes, games where probably you can stay afk.

I don't know if you know, but there is a time where if you dont move your truck, it kicks you.

Can a Software move your truck? Maybe.

Will all the trollers give to the work of using this software, waiting 1 full day, to just troll?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

@KimbaKrom The AFK auto-kick can be bypassed by sending anything on the chat, there's no need to actually move your truck. A simple script can do this and there are already people using something similar to avoid being kicked while AFK, from what I've read. Setting an amount of hours as a requirement to join a server would only delay trolls for that amount of hours, new account, launch MP on a Monday morning, Wednesday they are trolling everyone. The harder you try to make a server safe, the more you make that server the target of choice for trolls.

IMO, the only way to stop trolls, or at least most of them, is what McclaudEagle said, make all servers no-collisions. I don't use them, but I'm pretty sure that there are no trolls in the arcade servers. With all servers made non-collisions, those trolls who stayed would be unable to crash or block others, they'd get bored soon enough. But this was already suggested (I know because it was me who suggested it) and rejected by TruckersMP.

Also, and more on-topic, like antrax737 said, the MP "environment" is way better since the 110 Km/h limit was set in the main server. I had already left because it was almost impossible to finish a long-haul job without being hit several times. Now I can drive 3000-5000 Km every single day and I'll only be hit occasionally. It's not just that speeders have a better control when driving slower, it's also that it's easier for the non-speeders to avoid being hit by taking evasive manoeuvres. If someone wants to ram your vehicle, they will, no doubt, but the "accidents" caused by speeders who can't drive straight or keep their vehicles within a lane are more easily avoided now.

This is not a racing game but a simulation game, but having speed limitation is not a solution, I think troll players can do the movements as they want carelessly, playing with 110 speed limitation can be a really annoying bad situation, you go to overtake the road, you can not overtake when the player reaches 110 speed And accidents can occur and the taste of the game can be escaped from this situation, and speed limitation is not a solution. truly.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:49 PM, VSOUSA14 said:

If you don't want trolls and people driving very fast then don't play on EU1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

This is supposed to be a simulation game, not a truck racing game. 

like in real life 80 and a maximum of 90.  Do you want to drive faster? Then please play a speed game 

but no ETS / ATS please.  My personal opinion

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

There was a lot of thought that went into the current decision to set the speed limit at 110km/h or 68mph on our Euro Truck Simulator 2 servers. Yes, generally the speed limits are not this high and only reach up to 60mph in the UK - but TruckersMP at the end of the day is still a game / game modification. Indeed we are focusing on simulation and realism, and having a safe driving environment thanks to the work of our Game Moderation Team - however sometimes there are things that can be changed slightly to make the experience just a bit better even if it means moving away from the total realism idea here and there.

110km/h or 68mph as a limit means that if you are driving on a normal motorway delivering a job etc, then you can go at the speed limit if you want to like you would in real life without any worries. Let's assume it's 90km/h or 55mph. However, it is perfectly okay according to the current rules to drive at 110km/h or 68mph on the roads if you want to, as long as other rules are being respected and your driving is safe. This increased server limit allows these people to overtake those going the speed limit, without absolutely zooming past at a genuinely ridiculous speed like 130 / 140km/h.

110km/h or 68mph is a good balance in my opinion to allow those who want to drive at the speed limit to do so, and for those who want to drive above it also to do so without having a big impact on the realism and simulation immersion being enjoyed by those obeying the limit. Having this limit server-wide means wherever you go you this will be the case. If you choose to drive in one of the quieter areas you still probably won't want someone shooting past you at 160km/h - hence why there is not a limit enforced in busy areas, but not in quieter areas.

This is generally why the limit is as it is, and I personally think it's okay as it is. 110km/h or 68mph is still plenty fast enough for trucks while not absolutely flying past people.

I know the frustration behind speed caps however this is why TruckersMP have multiple servers. Some with speed caps some without, some with collisions some without etc. I see Simulation 1 as a much stricter server to allow players to maintain a steady simulation experience. You're gonna get trolls in every game unfortunately it's just life. Some people play to annoy others to get the attention from them because they crave it and find fun out of it where as others play want to play it seriously. If a person gets banned for trolling others on simulation 1 and they appeal they can't really turn around and say they didn't have an opportunity to play the freeroam servers because 'Freeroam' purely does give it away that it's made for messing about on. Although the speed caps might be annoying it's all based down to the simulation and experience which I can agree with. There are other servers without those limits.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived