automatic server restarts

Suggestion Name: automatic server restarts

Suggestion Description: basically having the server automatically restart every 6 or 12 hours. This will make it so if the server was to go down and the devs are asleep, they can turn the server back on. Also maybe add a control panel for high up admins to start the server. This would probably also "clean up" any lag or people sitting afk once afk zones are added.

Any example images: n/a

Why should it be added?: so we do not need to wait for a dev if the server goes down, just till the next schedualed restart. Also admins would be able to start the server but not shut down or restart. Just start it back up if it goes down and no devs are available.

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

+1. This could reduce alot of lag.

Ehm, when it's offline, how can the server make commands for hisself?

When the servers starts up again, they will start over at the same time as the config says.

It would be like a normal config file.

This is how that works.

Kind Regards,

Andii aka Andréas

Happy Trucking.

Kind Regards,

Andii

• 1 month later...

This topic is pretty old, but I don't think admins should be able to restart the server, that's the Server Administrator's job. I'm not sure about the restarts though, then everyone would have to restart their game which is annoying! Then when they all come back there's going to be flying trucks everywhere due to rapid spawning trucks...

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I think it is a good idea. But somehow has to be implemented to not disturb the game play to much. 

For example the server can automatically restart at specific time and when the population on the server is less then 2%. Also when the server comes back online we should have a 4-5 min of Global Non-Collision zone with chat announcement like:

-[ETS2MP]-Global Non-Collision zone ends in 23 seconds, drive to a safe spot. 

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Maybe not each 6h but a daily (or once each 2 days) in a concrete hour for all of us to know, and with some chat notification like "server restarting in 10 mins" etc... I´m agree with it.

Moreover, like @Crazyforiphone said, there´s no need for players to restart, as the game will loose connection and keep on attempting to connect. A server restart shouldnt take much longer so you could connect again in a couple of minutes.

People driving in convoy should stay their speed and it´s better to stay somewhere for a break parked in those AFK zones (hope they come son) like rest areas, etc.

+1

lkRjRkb.png

• 2 years later...

This is not going to happen, mainly because this would ruin the experience of the players. Some players tend to have longer sessions or just live in different timezones and would then be annoyed by this.

If a restart is really needed, we just summon a developer and he will take care of it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.