Hot topic #30: Real Operations V10

Schak Bruijn

Hello Truckers!

Welcome to the 30th edition of our Hot Topic series 

At the beginning of this month of October we announced a new version of the oh so great Real Operations. Version 10 of Real Operations is heading our way!
What do you expect from this version of Real Operations? What is the thing you're looking forward to the most? Will we also see you in the livestreams that are going to be hosted by our streamers?

We really look forward to your comments and opinions below  

Discuss this all below in this edition of Hot Topic...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 2
  • Awesome! 1

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Ban Appeal | Website Report

Schak Bruijn

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.

• Matt featured and pinned this topic

I'm happy to be part of this event!
I'm really curious about what's going to happen this time!

I hope I can see you there!

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

they picked their weakest server of the shelf to do this....  with the lowest connection capacity ....  

28 ping on sim 1&2  

200 - 400 ping on this one....  

and for what ?? to see a handfull of guys cosplaying as NPC´S ??  geez   

its not worth the effort to get on this eventserver . 

especialy not when 20 oafs with a doubletrailer trying to enter the same depot at the same time ....... 

When I first heard about the event on Wednesday I thought it would be cool but I really didn't know what to expect. I promoted the event through social medias and to my friends telling them they should come. I knew I'd be coming but I didn't know what would be happening. 

However, I do want to mention, I was blown away by this event. The scenes that were created. The merging and delays and reduced speed limits were very immersive. I enjoyed every moment of the 4.5 hours the event went on.

I was not expecting this much of an event and collaboration with TruckersFM, a livestream on YT, the amount of staff and vehicles that were used, the random campers, the Heavy Haulers, the emergency vehicles going down the road.

Thank you to the entire TMP staff team for this event and I cannot wait for the next one. 

• HaulieLove 1

It was a great event, very creative spots and nice ideas (e.g. burning gas station). There were major traffic jams due to these initiated car crashes but it was realistic. 

One thing that caught my eye was that there were airport firefighting vehicles driving around, though these special vehicles only operate on airports or are called when there are huge wild fires...but that was not the case.

Instead I would've used more normal fire trucks. For Real Ops V11 it would be nice if you could leave out these specific firefighting vehicles, to be more realistic. 

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

11 hours ago, Sbinotto07 said:

Please don't allow free roam next time!

Free-roaming was not allowed at all, and if it was the case that you were caught to free-roam, you would have either been kicked or faced further punishment such as a ban, if it were the case that you were a repeat offender of the rules outlined in the event.

10 hours ago, Unnamed88008 said:

Only thing that made me confused is why police cars were allowed for players? It was a great event anyways.

Police cars were not allowed for players because they were being kicked if they were seen using them. There was some conflicts with the vehicles that some of the staff were using, so that's why it was enabled but punishment - as I said - followed if players were seen with such accessories on their vehicles.

Now, onto my discussion of the Real Operations. It really turned out well and I really enjoyed taking part in the Real Operations because it was really enjoyable! I cannot wait for Real Operations V11! 

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Honestly it could have been done better in my opinion i got on late and ended up getting nothing done except run out of air pressure and sit at 2 FPS in a massive traffic Jam watch a few vehicle go past all the while i was just trying to get into Zurich from Stuttgart it took me the entire 2 hours i had left of the event when i got on to get even near Zurich and at that point the event was over and the server was shutting down  so i hit F6 and cancelled my load and teleported back to my main garage in Munich so honestly this event gets a D- i won't fail it completely only due to actually being able to see the signage in action and pass by at least one scene otherwise next time there needs to be some better traffic management and ways to keep the traffic moving so we dont sit in stop and move an inch every minute traffic jams for the entirety of the event 

4i21k0-5.png

On 10/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, SarahMaddy said:

Police cars were not allowed for players because they were being kicked if they were seen using them. There was some conflicts with the vehicles that some of the staff were using, so that's why it was enabled but punishment - as I said - followed if players were seen with such accessories on their vehicles.

Ok thank you @SarahMaddy

• HaulieLove 1

I really liked the event, though I missed much of the things and road things, I loved the over head road signs and also the random events and detours, I loved the traffic jam at the alps, literally wasted my 50 minutes there lol but I loved it, unforgettable moment ever! And also thanks for the extra time given!

• Matt unpinned and unfeatured this topic