Rd. Traffic

SMRY

While I've been driving noting no rd. traffic, other than, occasional TMPs here & there.

In SP mode I've tons of traffic along the way. In MP mode nada...

Have I missed a step, &, or, other download feature of TMP?.

Thus far I've been operating within ATS {US}Simulation, if that makes any difference.

Hi ?

1-Multiplayer if you want to drive with other players and participate in traffic Sim1,Sim2 servers if you choose to join the traffic. (but there is a lot of traffic on the sim1 server)

2- Calais - Duisburg - Lille and the surrounding cities you can get what you want because there are so many people

If you are going to enter traffic, be careful when carrying loads because trawlers can be players and ruin your load.

Have a good days

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

Unlike the fellow above, I understand that you mean AI traffic. You haven't missed anything, you won't encounter any AI vehicles on any TMP server, only human controlled vehicles.

This has always been like that, originally due to difficulties of implementing/synchronizin AI traffic into the multiplayer.

About two years ago, developers figured something, and new multiplayer game mode with AI traffic was promised, but again, never delivered, because of constant updates for the game breaking everything, and it was too difficult and time consuming to keep up with them, and other more important things took priority. This part of the project is since then, kind of, put on hold, not actively worked on, but not completely discarded. 

Some people drive with friends, some join VTC (virtual trucking company) that often organize convoys, but I prefer to do things at my own pace, while running into other players here and there.

Personally, I don't miss AI traffic that much, after lot of time spent in singleplayer, I like the roads empty for a change, AI traffic in both games sometimes gets on your nerves, while it is predictable, sometimes it is capable of shenanigans rivaling human trolls in multiplayer, including ramming, cutting you off , slamming on brakes for no reason, effectively brake checking you, even colliding with each other, or randomly stopping in the middle of the road, not to mention problematic merging, when they often stop at the end of on ramp, refusing to move until 2 miles behind them is clear of any traffic.

I have tried mods, but they only fixed few things, while made everything else much worse.

28 minutes ago, Granite said:

Unlike the fellow above, I understand that you mean AI traffic. You haven't missed anything, you won't encounter any AI vehicles on any TMP server, only human controlled vehicles.

This has always been like that, originally due to difficulties of implementing/synchronizin AI traffic into the multiplayer.

About two years ago, developers figured something, and new multiplayer game mode with AI traffic was promised, but again, never delivered, because of constant updates for the game breaking everything, and it was too difficult and time consuming to keep up with them, and other more important things took priority. This part of the project is since then, kind of, put on hold, not actively worked on, but not completely discarded. 

rgr. Furk4n.. & TY Granite.. for the heads-up. I feared perhaps I'd missed an important step during my employment with ATS / TMP. "Long Live TMP".

As many people probably may have mentioned, there is no AI traffic on TruckersMP. I personally love this, as it allows you to keep cruising down the road at whichever speed you want. But, if you want a more realistic experience on TMP, I would either go to mild traffic areas in Sim 1 (such as Amsterdam) or just stick to playing singleplayer.

To summarize everything mentioned above: 

Currently there are still no AI traffic in TMP/Online, I believe it's because SCS software updates their AI system ever so often that it's difficult for the developers to implement such features onto multiplayer, maybe it will happen in the future? Certainly not for now and not anytime soon. 

As for areas with many players on ETS2, places like Duisburg, Calais, Dusseldorf and surrounding areas are usually packed on the Simulation 1 server, depending on timezones as well - I've seen a constant 500-600 players on the server in the morning while reaching heights of 4000 players at night. 

You should also avoid taking your World of Trucks (WoT) contracts into crowded places.

3 hours ago, Strad said:

You should also avoid taking your World of Trucks (WoT) contracts into crowded places.

Why is that?

I would go wherever I need to go to get my WoT contract done. If you mean the speed limiter, that is no issue to me, and if that's problem for anyone and they cause any trouble, they get reported.

I see you have not been around very long, but there have been couple of memorable  WoT events that temporarily turned normally deserted areas into hot spots similar to what Rotterdam-Europoort area once used to be, prior to Calais-Dusiburg road becoming a thing. You may remember "Operation Genoa bridge" ETS2 event from this year's summer, there was "One Truck Family" Event for ETS2 in spring of 2019 and "Big Sur" event for ATS in summer of 2018. All of these event had very specific delivery destination, turning them into massive traffic jams in multiplayer, everyone there trying to deliver their WoT contacts. Also, number of other WoT events, like Trade Connections events, brought more players into specific countries, or ot least increased player count in general. I only wish these were more frequent, instead of having only 2 or 3 per year.

Check this one, one of the craziest WoT events so far, the team even had to do map edit for the delivery area:

I dunno, terrible things can happen whether you are on WoT job, normal job, or none at all (like roadies on C-D road, I imagine), only difference is,  when they screw up normal job, they reload autosave, spawn somewhere in the middle of the road multiple times untill they find the right save, screwing someone else in the proccess. When you screw up WoT job, you can decide to continue, or if it's not worth it, or you can't recover back on the road, only option is to abandon and reload save back where you started and take another one - I make hard save inside NCZ before departing on a WoT job in multiplayer

4 hours ago, Granite said:

Why is that?

I would go wherever I need to go to get my WoT contract done. If you mean the speed limiter, that is no issue to me, and if that's problem for anyone and they cause any trouble, they get reported.

I see you have not been around very long, but there have been couple of memorable  WoT events that temporarily turned normally deserted areas into hot spots similar to what Rotterdam-Europoort area once used to be, prior to Calais-Dusiburg road becoming a thing. You may remember "Operation Genoa bridge" ETS2 event from this year's summer, there was "One Truck Family" Event for ETS2 in spring of 2019 and "Big Sur" event for ATS in summer of 2018. All of these event had very specific delivery destination, turning them into massive traffic jams in multiplayer, everyone there trying to deliver their WoT contacts. Also, number of other WoT events, like Trade Connections events, brought more players into specific countries, or ot least increased player count in general. I only wish these were more frequent, instead of having only 2 or 3 per year.

Check this one, one of the craziest WoT events so far, the team even had to do map edit for the delivery area:

I was in this traffic jam...took me 40 minutes to drive like 3 in-game miles lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

As the last reply to this topic is older than 2 weeks (14 days), I will go ahead and close this topic for further replies.

To keep our forum clean and manageable, we have to close old topics to prevent the forum sections to get "messy" or too full.

Thanks to everyone for contributing in this discussion! If you deem it necessary to keep discussing about this topic, feel free to open a new discussion. 

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to conact me via private message on the forum or on Discord.

//Archived due to inactivity

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Archived