Unclear

SMRY

I'm Unclear, should I or shouldn't I post here. I believe to be SIM / TMP related.

My question tonight, whiles visiting ATS, &, scouting quick-jobs within the map, discovered, every location I click states :"Unable To Find Jobs" no matter the filter activated.

Have I gotten the ax?, missed a new step?, &, or ?.

Thank You Strad, appears my preforming QuickJobs only, be my issue. Had been hoping to hit on a 49X dealership prior to purchasing my 3rd truck for myself. My 2 AI-Drivers already have the other 2 trucks & trailers in my Co. fleet.

I'm not sure what I'll do edit the config prior to revisiting MP mode or stick with SP til I've got my 3rd truck. Appears if I wish to continue QuickJobs while in MP mode may be forced to re-edit config just before future MP visits from time to time.

Anyways Thank You Again for the heads up seems a rather simple fix no matter what direction I choose.

Questions regarding any issues with gameplay mechanics, or running a ATS/ETS2 game, whether related to TMP or just the game itself, can be posted in the "Help" section of the forum.

Same common problems, that have never been fixed, are encountered repeatedly by new people, thus same question appearing periodically, so you can find many answers in the archived topics there, and for most notorious, there is a knowledge base accessible form the "Guides&Help" menu at the top of the website.

You can also do "external jobs" in multiplayer, if you register on World of Trucks and then link to that in you ATS game profile - this is run by SCS Software, so no worries, and they do events for in-game rewards too, such as paintjobs or hanging accessory to put inside your cabin.

Pros:

• Plenty of time to finish the job, remaining time is given in real time, so if it says you have 12 hours to finish, than you really have 12 hours. You may have noticed, time in multiplayer passes faster (though not as fast as time in singleplayer scaled for the map) and if you take normal job and quit game before finishing, server clock keeps going, and when you come back few hours later, the time is synchronized with the server again, and most likely you will have none left to finish the job - this will not happen with external jobs.
  • No problems with "unable to find jobs" bug
  • Usually, a wider selection of jobs available, within circular area around your location, which typically includes whole city you are in - the list will only be empty, if you attempt to find job out in the middle of nowhere
  • Payment is equal to standard jobs.
  • You can, but don't need to, use your own trailer.
  • Job can be suspended (if you need to do some other bussiness) - trailer will disappear, if it is your own trailer, only cargo will disappear. Resuming the job will teleport you wherever you left out, so take that into account, trailer will be reattached to your truck, if you have dismissed you own trailer used for the job, you will need to retrieve it first to resume the job. However, time remaining for the job will not be suspended, and you can't accept another external job while you have one suspended, though, you can perform standard jobs.
  • You can abort the job completely for free, no cancel fee.

Cons: 

• You need your own truck.
  • You are limited to 65Mph for the duration of the job.
  • You can't reload savegame while on a job (whether you cargo gets damaged, or your truck is at the bottom of the canyon for any reason), it's tracked in real time and no damages can be reverted.
  • Same as above you also can't use in-game recovery/tow service, which teleports you to the nearest services in a discovered city, if you do that, the job is automatically aborted.

The last two cons can be considered as pros, fom the simulation viepoint, and the 65Mp is plenty of speed in my opinion, often,I find it hard or uncomfortable mainatining 80Mph where it is allowed, for a given scale of the map.

Thank You Everyone,

Strad's info got me back in the TMP business. It works great, least til I decide to purchase a 3rd truck for myself. At the moment, I just be a hired driver (gypsy) for any AI Co. of my choosing, while I gather the cash for next large purchase.

Granite

TY for the heads-up. I must admit I'd been around TMPs various topics so many times lost count. Seems no matter what / where I post be incorrect. I find myself feeling very overwhelmed naving so many places within forums.

I do try to be mindful, though, the O'l thought processor on its last legs at times, that can't be helped. Best I can offer "Never Grow Old"....?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @SMRY,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply to this thread. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind regards,
Chev
Game & Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived