bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

10 minutes ago, [L-LATAM](30) El Reja said:

Is not how it works. The speed limiter will never be changed to 120, 150 or removed. Probably yes, you are a good driver when you drive at more than 110, but the 75% of TruckersMP is not good doing that. Without speed limiter, we will see many more reports and many more players breaking the rules. If we remove it, TruckersMP will become Arcade again, and by doing this, the "Road to Simulation" will be gone.

And to finish this, It's not logic to see a truck at more than 150km/p with 25T... Is not real.

Nope, the old system was not better, it was arcade and we are not arcade anymore (or at least we are trying not to be arcade anymore). That's why we've created the "Road to Simulation" with speed limiter, etc. Also, the players are not using the arcade server because it's empty, and it's empty because the NCZ is enabled in all the map. I'm 99% sure that we will never see a server without speed limiter and collisions enabled again.

"TMP Should create a server or change Sim #1 to 55mph and keep Simulation #2 the same or go back to europe 2 style" 

In a short way, not gonna happen.

And that's fine. I can only speak on my experience.

My solution works for alot more players and experience. I understand if TMP don't want that. If they don't want to listen that's their choice and reflects on them.

I would love to get your opinion however, Since you are a game mod, how does this benefit your duties to have the ability to go 100 mph?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, InsaneCallum said:

And that's fine. I can only speak on my experience.

My solution works for alot more players and experience. I understand if TMP don't want that. If they don't want to listen that's their choice and reflects on them.

I would love to get your opinion however, Since you are a game mod, how does this benefit your duties to have the ability to go 100 mph?

We are always listening to the community, but there are some points where we say "No, it is not a good idea and we will not implement that". Anyway, i'm a game mod and i don't know what the project management will be doing in the future. I just said that i'm really sure that servers like Europe 2 will never be on TruckersMP again because with that, the "road to simulation" will be gone as i said before, and is not what they (project management) want. And also, as Fernando said, the community of TruckersMP has made many requests to remove the speed limit or to increase it to 150km/p, and the Upper Staff always said it would not be modified. That's why I say it won't be modified or removed in the future.

Now, we have a report system which is always in high-very high as you can see. We have many reports (i can't say numbers due to ISP rules) with a server with speed limiter in 110km/p. Imagine if we remove the limiter... If we remove it we will have many more reports and our work will become more intense. We (game/report mods) have to spend a lot of time here right now with the simulation servers, and as you know, we are not robots and we cannot be always working here. So, if we have for example 50 reports with speed limiter, without that we will see 100, and our work will become impossible due to lack of time. Remember that we also have to deal with website reports, appeals and in-game reports. And to finish this, we have to deal with evidences (uploading them, editing them, checking profiles, etc). 

As i said in my first comment, the 75% of TruckersMP (or more) don't know how to drive correctly at more than 110km/p, and removing the speed limit will only make accidents and reports increase. If this happens, many moderators will leave the team because they will have to spend all day watching reports for the numbers to go down, and we do not want that.

EXTRA: Remember that in 2016-17-18 with Europe 2, we had 1 million members or something like that. Now we have almost 5 millions, and europe 2 now will not be the same that it was in 2016-17-18. Remember that too.

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Retired Game Moderator Leader, Community Moderator and Translator

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

6 minutes ago, [L-LATAM](30) El Reja said:

We are always listening to the community, but there are some points where we say "No, it is not a good idea and we will not implement that". Anyway, i'm a game mod and i don't know what the project management will be doing in the future. I just said that i'm really sure that servers like Europe 2 will never be on TruckersMP again because with that, the "road to simulation" will be gone as i said before, and is not what they (project management) want. And also, as Fernando said, the community of TruckersMP has made many requests to remove the speed limit or to increase it to 150km/p, and the Upper Staff always said it would not be modified. That's why I say it won't be modified or removed in the future.

Now, we have a report system which is always in high-very high as you can see. We have many reports (i can't say numbers due to ISP rules) with a server with speed limiter in 110km/p. Imagine if we remove the limiter... If we remove it we will have many more reports and our work will become more intense. We (game/report mods) have to spend a lot of time here right now with the simulation servers, and as you know, we are not robots and we cannot be always working here. So, if we have for example 50 reports with speed limiter, without that we will see 100, and our work will become impossible due to lack of time. Remember that we also have to deal with website reports, appeals and in-game reports. And to finish this, we have to deal with evidences (uploading them, editing them, checking profiles, etc). 

As i said in my first comment, the 75% of TruckersMP (or more) don't know how to drive correctly at more than 110km/p, and removing the speed limit will only make accidents and reports increase. If this happens, many moderators will leave the team because they will have to spend all day watching reports for the numbers to go down, and we do not want that.

this is totaly understandable and i feel with you ....  

and this is why i try to suggest the other way around ... a lower speed cap like those we all started with  and those what the WOT datafeed is giving us. 

since the WOT jobs are the same for everyone and we start with the limiter 90km/h should be the basic standart speed for everyone.  

its slow enogh to keep your rig under controll in what ever situation you get in , and its high enogh to get form A to B in a exaptable time.   

25 minutes ago, [L-LATAM](30) El Reja said:

EXTRA: Remember that in 2016-17-18 with Europe 2, we had 1 million members or something like that. Now we have almost 5 millions, and europe 2 now will not be the same that it was in 2016-17-18. Remember that too.

Of course, I'm not trying to go against you or anything. I am quite aware Europe 2 wasn't perfect. I believe we need a adaption of this. Possibly requirements like X amount of game time, No more than X bans in a year or something.

And i understand, I'm not saying remove the speed limit. I think the speed limit was fine at 93mph. No speedlimit as much as it sounds fun, it would be a disaster.

No disrespect towards TMP of course, they will do what they believe is best.

9 minutes ago, iAmaury said:

I don't think that change is necessary. Everyone wants to be able to go a little higher than the speed limits, knowing that they're going to take some risks. It would be so frustrating to be limited to 90km/h. I think the 110km/h is perfect.
But hey, that's only my opinion. ;)

I believe this is more a case of speed blindness. Those who drive 110kmh now see it slowish. If they drive 130kmh it will seem a bit faster for a while. But then after a while they will be crying to go 150. And then 160. Im not sure how old people here are but take driving on the motorway for example. Lets say the speedlimit is 120kmh. You drive that and after a while it seems like an OK speed but you could go faster. You then raise the speed to 150 or 160.It seems fast for a while but then after a while it seems no faster than the 120 to begin with. And reducing from that 160 to 120...seems like you're walking after doing so.

I drive 90kmh on the servers with the tmp limiter on. One time i had to drive about 80km to pick up a load so i took it off and wanted to see how the truck did at 110. Seemed like an F1 car when i did such. 90kmh seems slow to those who are used to 110. But it really doesnt take very long to get used to 90.

Besides i never understood why you need to go faster than 90 in a truck. I cant speak for all european countries but some or most have limiters set to 89.

1 minute ago, amatikuski said:

I believe this is more a case of speed blindness. Those who drive 110kmh now see it slowish. If they drive 130kmh it will seem a bit faster for a while. But then after a while they will be crying to go 150. And then 160. Im not sure how old people here are but take driving on the motorway for example. Lets say the speedlimit is 120kmh. You drive that and after a while it seems like an OK speed but you could go faster. You then raise the speed to 150 or 160.It seems fast for a while but then after a while it seems no faster than the 120 to begin with. And reducing from that 160 to 120...seems like you're walking after doing so.

I drive 90kmh on the servers with the tmp limiter on. One time i had to drive about 80km to pick up a load so i took it off and wanted to see how the truck did at 110. Seemed like an F1 car when i did such. 90kmh seems slow to those who are used to 110. But it really doesnt take very long to get used to 90.

Besides i never understood why you need to go faster than 90 in a truck. I cant speak for all european countries but some or most have limiters set to 89.

That's all about patience I guess. People always want to do things faster than supposed. But yeah, I get your point and you're definitely right. ;)

6 minutes ago, amatikuski said:

the speed limit for lorrys in germany is 80Km/h ,90 as a short time exeption only 

so constantly driving at 90 in germany is unrealistic as well but for the sake of whatever you like to call it it could be looked over.  

the same for combos or B-doubles ...  IRL there are only 15 of those for testing on the roads .... and by no means used as a standart by any normal company.   

by now there is no official License nor permission for them to be used on german roads.   

Berlin for example is closed for LTC´s , Combos and B-doubles ...    

7 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

the speed limit for lorrys in germany is 80Km/h ,90 as a short time exeption only 

so constantly driving at 90 in germany is unrealistic as well but for the sake of whatever you like to call it it could be looked over.  

the same for combos or B-doubles ...  IRL there are only 15 of those for testing on the roads .... and by no means used as a standart by any normal company.   

by now there is no official License nor permission for them to be used on german roads.   

Berlin for example is closed for LTC´s , Combos and B-doubles ...    

Yes 80 is the allowed speed. I was talking about to what they are limited to. Wonder how not even b-doubles arent standard in germany. Here in Finland we have had the HCT trucks allowed for a while now. That allows 34.5m length. They did testing for a few years allowing them under a special permit. They have become very common recently. That law also allowed for longer semi trailers and a bunch of other varieties. 

20 hours ago, amatikuski said:

Yes 80 is the allowed speed. I was talking about to what they are limited to. Wonder how not even b-doubles arent standard in germany. Here in Finland we have had the HCT trucks allowed for a while now. That allows 34.5m length. They did testing for a few years allowing them under a special permit. They have become very common recently. That law also allowed for longer semi trailers and a bunch of other varieties. 

its the old infrastructure .  turns and roundabouts are for trailer up to 16,5 meter   ....roads are not made for a high load..... bridges are not strong enogh or to old to hold the load.     

the newer LTC´s are 17,5meter and already sweaping the sidewalks when turning left or right. also putting the radius of a roundabout to the test. 

the Öko-Liner (Rigid + standart trailer with a dolly )  got 20,25m while the Gigaliner got 25,25meter....  they both need a specific route with turns that are wide enogh to get around and bridges that are able to hold the higher tonage they carry. 

and to get back to the topic

for those who say 90km/h is to slow or to Boring or whatever ....  what should i say about it????

im getting F.... ed form both sides every day.   on the one side i got my own company and i take it very serious. 

day on day off i try to place my bet in the Spedv top 100 ranking. 

on the other side i still support a local charity action since February this year together with my sponsors.  

to make both count for something i pretty much doomed to drive about 8000km each day.    if i want or not....     

there had been times i thought about to quit with the game.... 

but i never realy had a good spot to get out of it....    yesterday my sponsors told me i collected a sum of 14000€ so far ...  and there is still a few days to go to the 23.12.2020 where this money will be transfered to the charity organisations. 

i wich i had more hands and shoulders to help me carry this burden..... 

and you complain about a single tour of 1200km ??  pff...   

What is boring in the game, they want to play a SIMULATOR on a SIMULATION server as if it were a GTA or a Need For Speed of life. Then you see people with HCT driving at 110km / h on highways and roads full of curves and most of the time they only cause accidents and harm those who are playing correctly. Just yesterday, I think I was the only one who played for CD Estrada respecting the speed limit on his own, only the admin and who was behind him who drove at the same speed, otherwise just players, many of them without loads, driving in a end of the road, reaching the end and just making a U-turn and causing more traffic and inconvenience on that road. Another thing that I admire a lot, even with the server crowded with queue, common roads of old DLCs and empty cockroaches, literally empty, I already went from Bergen to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Aberdeen on the same day, with the server full, and it made me want to go back to playing in singleplayer because I found practically nobody on these roads.

21 hours ago, amatikuski said:

This is also something that frustrates me in the Euro Truck Simulator, there are practically only simple trucks, as I am used to Brazilian traffic, this ends up being a bit boring, here only a few roads do not allow the entry of bi-trains and roadtrains.

I am in favor of every server being limited to 90 km / h. I know a lot aren't in favor of it but to be honest it wouldn't be as much troll on the street as it is up until now. TruckersMP has increased the penalty for ramming, for example, no longer 3 - 4 days but 10 - 14 days. I hope this will get better

Aslan_Banner.png

Kind regards,

Λ S L Λ N  TruckersMP Rank : PLAYER

Driver of  BRAWEN TRANSPORT

Languages:   | ??   ??  | 

As a driver from the old EU-x days, in fact I joined the servers back when it was called ETS2MP and yes the 90km/h server was great, although most players went onto EU2 or EU3, if i recall EU2 had the car and a 150 limit, EU3 had no cars but a 150 limit, with EU4 being like the current Arcade server.

The trouble is, the fact that we can reload auto saves which means if you F--- up you can F7 reload a save then retry the same process so people drive like idiots because of the percived lack of concequences as the vast majority of players probably dont recoerd, dont report, just shout " [number] rec" in the chat but dont actually do anything so players seem to have an immunity complex and you have all, I know I have, seen that red text say "your report has timed out, please submit a website report".  There are however 2 ways that this can be dealt with. 

SCS have made it so that on a WoTR job, if you reload a previous save, you remain where you are, on your side, or what ever at the scene of the accident thus forcing you to F7 and abandon the job, I would like to see it that you can only make and reload a quick save in a non collision area so if you do hoon around and crash you can't reload an auto save, that feature is disabled. 

The other one is cultural, as a member of the TMP Facebook I did notice a correlation of videos of dodgy driving and players crying about their ban.  If the culture can be changed to promote more responsible driving, and push the road to simulation more, then maybe, Just Maybe, players will eventually stop driving like idiots.

@Ferynacz98765

"Some of the issues could be solved by "obstructing other drivers being a reportable offense"

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar. Failure to use the service feature (F7+Enter) when needed might result in a punishment.

on the flip side, if the player is doing 60km/h on a 60km/h road and the player behind wishes to get past, he could make a fraudulent report "he was blocking me by restricting my path, i wanted to overtake and could not pass, he should speed up" This could clog up the website and make legitimate reports longer to be actioned, which brings us back to pushing the road to simulation more to promote a more simulation orientated gameset. 

On 12/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, seth_haveron said:

ppl just cant stop speeding for sh*t ....   

recently two honks flipped their lowbad rigs with each a locomotive on it while turning right at traffic lights..... 

Seth, thats down to a lot of things, most driving games are racy and the mindset is "ooh I must get to the drop point before the guy in front" and people have no idea how a truck handles, only an assetto corsa car

Drag files here to attach, or choose files...

9 hours ago, Space Night said:

As a driver from the old EU-x days, in fact I joined the servers back when it was called ETS2MP and yes the 90km/h server was great, although most players went onto EU2 or EU3, if i recall EU2 had the car and a 150 limit, EU3 had no cars but a 150 limit, with EU4 being like the current Arcade server.

The trouble is, the fact that we can reload auto saves which means if you F--- up you can F7 reload a save then retry the same process so people drive like idiots because of the percived lack of concequences as the vast majority of players probably dont recoerd, dont report, just shout " [number] rec" in the chat but dont actually do anything so players seem to have an immunity complex and you have all, I know I have, seen that red text say "your report has timed out, please submit a website report".  There are however 2 ways that this can be dealt with. 

SCS have made it so that on a WoTR job, if you reload a previous save, you remain where you are, on your side, or what ever at the scene of the accident thus forcing you to F7 and abandon the job, I would like to see it that you can only make and reload a quick save in a non collision area so if you do hoon around and crash you can't reload an auto save, that feature is disabled. 

The other one is cultural, as a member of the TMP Facebook I did notice a correlation of videos of dodgy driving and players crying about their ban.  If the culture can be changed to promote more responsible driving, and push the road to simulation more, then maybe, Just Maybe, players will eventually stop driving like idiots.

@Ferynacz98765

"Some of the issues could be solved by "obstructing other drivers being a reportable offense"

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar. Failure to use the service feature (F7+Enter) when needed might result in a punishment.

on the flip side, if the player is doing 60km/h on a 60km/h road and the player behind wishes to get past, he could make a fraudulent report "he was blocking me by restricting my path, i wanted to overtake and could not pass, he should speed up" This could clog up the website and make legitimate reports longer to be actioned, which brings us back to pushing the road to simulation more to promote a more simulation orientated gameset. 

Seth, thats down to a lot of things, most driving games are racy and the mindset is "ooh I must get to the drop point before the guy in front" and people have no idea how a truck handles, only an assetto corsa car

Drag files here to attach, or choose files...

actually it feels like you guys just switched off the reload option in general.  if i try to load a auto or quicksave the game simply freeze and i have to shut it down the hard way. 

it happen reguardless of the kind of job i picked. 

but again you are right .... we seriously need a some kind of counterforce to Idiots on the Road.   

maybe a Media / slogan compain on the different platforms.   "#Stay save dont race" 

on the other hand keeping up with local speedlimits like 60Km/h is legal. 

if someones to goofy to use a also legal 30Km/h difference to get past the goof should be punished for harassing and false accuseing.

also not everyone is up to Techporn with 750HP and other unrealistic nonsence.  if someone battle a steep hill with a 320Hp engine and max payload das it count as blocking as well ??   

and for the recording..... i already ranted about how laborious and time consuming the current report procedure is. 

or in other words: 

1. it takes much storage space

2. the recording application takes a tall on the performence 

3. it takes a hell lot of time to upload it. 

4. you grow a gray beard untill your case is looked on.    

also your buddys on the report front would be flooded with reports for every minor crap "if" everyone would record and report.   

I've been threatened that I would be "rec rep" for blocking when I was doing 80 Km/h on a highway. Those 2 lane ones, where some exits use the right lane, so you can only drive on the left one if you want to keep straight. The guy behind was coming full speed (the times when 150 Km/h was the limit), had to slam the brakes and started shouting at me.

"Rec for blocking"

"How can I be blocking when I'm moving at the speed limit?"

"You are going too slow".

"No", I replied, "You were going too fast".

"Everyone goes full speed, so you are breaking the rules here".

Stupid, I know, but... There are so many people who think like that. I don't know if this NFS-Kid reported me, but obviously, I wasn't banned.

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I've been threatened that I would be "rec rep" for blocking when I was doing 80 Km/h on a highway. Those 2 lane ones, where some exits use the right lane, so you can only drive on the left one if you want to keep straight. The guy behind was coming full speed (the times when 150 Km/h was the limit), had to slam the brakes and started shouting at me.

"Rec for blocking"

"How can I be blocking when I'm moving at the speed limit?"

"You are going too slow".

"No", I replied, "You were going too fast".

"Everyone goes full speed, so you are breaking the rules here".

Stupid, I know, but... There are so many people who think like that. I don't know if this NFS-Kid reported me, but obviously, I wasn't banned.

you should ask him "if everyone is jumping of a cliff would you jump as well??"   

On 12/8/2020 at 9:48 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

As a matter of fact, multiplayer is a third-party modification of the base game.

It is solely up to the TruckersMP team to decide which options they enable in their modification.

Not everything that the base game offers is possible in multiplayer, which can be for technical reasons, safety reasons or others.

The present server setups with their respective speed limits have been decided by the TruckersMP team in the course of the changeover to "Road To Simulation", which is a mean to improve our all game experience.

If you see room however for improvement of the TruckersMP multiplayer, you can do so by submitting a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forums.

Everything you ask for already exists. Enabled collisions on the simulations servers and higher speed limit on the arcade servers. Just pick one and enjoy what is offered for free to you!

Last but not least, always remember that it is a privilege, not a right, to use the TruckersMP multiplayer.

Why do you keep saying that what we ask for already exists when it clearly doesn't?

I can use the same logic to you. There is an in-game speedlimiter function. I suggest using it because then you can't go faster than 90KPH. See? Your feature already exists. gg

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, Snaily001 said:

I don't think it's the speed limit changing that's made the C/D road so hellish. I think it's a culture and audience change. The rise of people like Tony747 and Darwen making videos about trolls has likely increased the amount of trolls on the road as many people find TruckersMP through them - I have a friend who bought ETS2 specifically for TruckersMP after finding Idiots on the Road, though only because he was waiting for news of a multiplayer mode being added before buying, not because he wanted to troll - and they think the kind of behaviour in those videos is normal. In fact, thanks to Darwen in particular, people who have rec, a Twitch link or a YouTube link in their tag often become targets as those people will sometimes also send clips to Darwen, and the trolls want to be able to show a video to their friends and go hey look, it me, forgetting that the video will likely also be part of a web report. Combine the culture and audience with the fact that the C/D road is already known for what it is (it takes only a few seconds of Googling to find something about it which immediately peaks your interest) and you have a recipe for disaster.

Most people I know who want a decent experience on TMP will either go on Promods or on Sim2 if they're scared of modding or whatever.

actually it would change a hell lot if everyone that still got his/hers healthy mind together would use the speed limiter like it is intended by the game. 

traveling along the main Road of C/D is like playing Dodgeball with Trucks.  with the huge difference...... its not a ball thats flying towards you... figuratively 

ive done this tour only two times at a top speed of 70Km/h ... otherwise i wouldnt be able to dodge all this idiots on a kamikaze mission against mankind. 

seriously this kind of behaviour should be a straight instaban reason.  .....overtaking no matter the costs or just plowing right through. 

this part of the map needs a strikt hardcoded limit of at least 60 km/h to keep this idiocy under Control. 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:51 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

Why do you keep saying that what we ask for already exists when it clearly doesn't?

I can use the same logic to you. There is an in-game speedlimiter function. I suggest using it because then you can't go faster than 90KPH. See? Your feature already exists. gg

As I have mentioned in other threads before, I chose my speed according to the traffic situation, the course of the road, the weather, my cargo and my driving skills. Also I consider real world traffic laws incl.  speed limits, driving times and rest periods. Therefore I hardly even reach anything close to any server speed limit.

As I only drive WOT jobs, my max. possible speed would be 90 km/h anyway.

Questions?

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

As I have mentioned in other threads before, I chose my speed according to the traffic situation, the course of the road, the weather, my cargo and my driving skills. Also I consider real world traffic laws incl.  speed limits, driving times and rest periods. Therefore I hardly even reach anything close to any server speed limit.

As I only drive WOT jobs, my max. possible speed would be 90 km/h anyway.

Questions?

None of that really answered the question I asked, nor was it really directed at the point I was making. lol

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Archived