bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

22 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

No offence taken.

I thank your for your input!

I wasn't aware that the map scale in multiplayer differs from single player. To my knowledge only UK has a different scale to the rest of the European map. 

However, according to my time measures the time ratio in multiplayer doesn't differ between driving in a city, driving outside of a city, driving in the UK or parking.

Could you take some time measurements so we get another source?

Map scale isn't different between singleplayer and multiplayer, but the time scale is.

Map scale and distances in multiplayer correspond with the original (singleplayer) timescale .

The imlication is, that you will cover the same distance while driving at the same speed, let's say 1000km, in the same amount of real time, regardless if you play singleplayer or multiplayer, but in multiplayer, in-game time will pass slower while you are outside the cities (1:19 or 1:15 map scale) and faster while you are inside cities (1:3 map scale), at the set 1:6 scale everywhere on the map, and also ferries are replaced with instant teleportation services.

In-game time has no influence on how much distance you will travel in real time, that was all I was trying to say, and that's where you made a mistake trying to calculate average speeed using in-game time.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, seth_haveron said:

i busted everyones thinking that 110 does better or best ....   

he had to slow down many times more then i needed to doe his crazy speeding but thats logical ....   

It's mathematically impossible to beat 110 with 90. If you arrived at the same time then your average speed was the same as his. It doesn't matter that he was doing 30 faster than you because it also means that he was doing 30 slower than you were doing at some points. How is that proof that 90 is equal to 110?

If he didn't slow down more than you did to take turns but kept the same speed you did and then went back to 110 again, he would've beaten you. So it just came down to the skill and knowledge of the driver.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

6 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

It's mathematically impossible to beat 110 with 90. If you arrived at the same time then your average speed was the same as his. It doesn't matter that he was doing 30 faster than you because it also means that he was doing 30 slower than you were doing at some points. How is that proof that 90 is equal to 110?

If he didn't slow down more than you did to take turns but kept the same speed you did and then went back to 110 again, he would've beaten you. So it just came down to the skill and knowledge of the driver.

do you want to start a old story once again ??  

i only had to drag 5,8tons on a Short trailer  , while he had to struggle with his madeup 24tons vaccine cargo on a standart trailer. 

our average speed was close to be the same but unlike you maybe he was not able to capitalise his 30km/h speed advantage.    

he had to stop at a gasstation .... he had pull himself off a roundabout he run on to .... he had to drag his corps out of a trench multiple times , he had to slow down almost to a stop to hit the turn without flipping the truck.  

i took him over for at least 24 times with ease.    even on a long straight portion of the road i didnt loose him out of sight ...  knowing he will f%& up the next 90degree turn. 

and you answer your own question .... you need skill to play this card ...  if you dont ( like 98% of the kids out there )  you end up loosing to a vanilla setting. 

25 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

do you want to start a old story once again ??  

i only had to drag 5,8tons on a Short trailer  , while he had to struggle with his madeup 24tons vaccine cargo on a standart trailer. 

our average speed was close to be the same but unlike you maybe he was not able to capitalise his 30km/h speed advantage.    

he had to stop at a gasstation .... he had pull himself off a roundabout he run on to .... he had to drag his corps out of a trench multiple times , he had to slow down almost to a stop to hit the turn without flipping the truck.  

i took him over for at least 24 times with ease.    even on a long straight portion of the road i didnt loose him out of sight ...  knowing he will f%& up the next 90degree turn. 

and you answer your own question .... you need skill to play this card ...  if you dont ( like 98% of the kids out there )  you end up loosing to a vanilla setting. 

Exactly. So why do you hate the speed, and not the driver? It makes no sense. Your entire argument is based on how bad of a driver that person was. Yet your conclusion is speed=bad. And not bad driver=bad.

And you are projecting this unreasonable hate for speed onto skilled drivers who like to make use of that speed difference and finish hauls faster, in a safe way. Which is undoubtedly, completely unfair.

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Hey guys, just saying that arcade servers don't have speed limit nor collisions.... isn't that fantastic?

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110  :D

On 1/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

Exactly. So why do you hate the speed, and not the driver? It makes no sense. Your entire argument is based on how bad of a driver that person was. Yet your conclusion is speed=bad. And not bad driver=bad.

And you are projecting this unreasonable hate for speed onto skilled drivers who like to make use of that speed difference and finish hauls faster, in a safe way. Which is undoubtedly, completely unfair.

speed is the cause , not the drivers unability to addapt to rapidly changing situations.   you cant change ppl , their mindsets , their ignorance , their Autism but you get to change the pace. 

outdated slow hardware and drivers , a slow connection or low bandwidth  are the players issue not the servers.  

if you drive slow you get to cope with that .... but if you still try to go berzerk  you end up causing trouble to others. 

i lately slow my own speed down to 80 km/h and its a blessing.   

i also noticed more and more VTC´s  make it a statment....  ive never seen that many of them slow it down like in the last few weeks...  

"90max" is a trending tag the last few days.   even professional respectful behaviour form guys you simply not used to is trending as well...   

guys form Belarus show some human like behaviour after years just beeing caveman like roadhogs...

On 1/19/2021 at 6:51 AM, seth_haveron said:

speed is the cause , not the drivers unability to addapt to rapidly changing situations.   you cant change ppl , their mindsets , their ignorance , their Autism but you get to change the pace. 

outdated slow hardware and drivers , a slow connection or low bandwidth  are the players issue not the servers.  

if you drive slow you get to cope with that .... but if you still try to go berzerk  you end up causing trouble to others. 

i lately slow my own speed down to 80 km/h and its a blessing.   

i also noticed more and more VTC´s  make it a statment....  ive never seen that many of them slow it down like in the last few weeks...  

"90max" is a trending tag the last few days.   even professional respectful behaviour form guys you simply not used to is trending as well...   

guys form Belarus show some human like behaviour after years just beeing caveman like roadhogs...

If speed is the cause then why do accidents still happen in a 60 capped city? ...

Kind regards,

partyaap

12 hours ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

I like what somebody said here , lock the speed according hours in game so someone with 1000 hours in ets should be allowed to drive bit more faster then others. Even if he doesnt want.

But where is the connection between hours spent in-game and the speed your are permitted to drive at?
Let's say you sit with your truck idle at the side of the road for 8 real time hours a day and eventually gained 1000 in-game hours. Driven kilometers will be zero, experience gained none. I know, it's an unlikely scenario, but it is still a possible scenario.
Especially for those players that belong to the of the Need For Speed fraction.
I assume they would do literally everything to get the chance to drive faster.

12 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

But where is the connection between hours spent in-game and the speed your are permitted to drive at?
Let's say you sit with your truck idle at the side of the road for 8 real time hours a day and eventually gained 1000 in-game hours. Driven kilometers will be zero, experience gained none. I know, it's an unlikely scenario, but it is still a possible scenario.
Especially for those players that belong to the of the Need For Speed fraction.
I assume they would do literally everything to get the chance to drive faster.

Well its true they can do it but i doub mostly will do it right , thats what i think , there will always pros and cons.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, amatikuski said:

Because a great number of players don't know how to handle the vehicle. Increasing the speed for those drivers exponentially increases the probability for them to cause an accident.

The difference between 110 and 90 in probability of crashing is negligible. At this point speed is not a factor anymore. It is the driver. And for the most part, it has always been the driver.

Kind regards,

partyaap

THEY WANT MORE SPEED SPEED BECS THEY DONT DRIVE TRUCKS.THEYWANT TO FLY WITH THE TRUCKS.
MOSTLYTHEY ARE IDIOTS AND RECKLESS DRIVERS.
THEY ARE NOT REAL LIFE DRIVERS SO THATS WHY THEY THINK LIKE HORSE AND DRIVE LIKE EAGLE.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:56 AM, StateCA (NL) said:

The difference between 110 and 90 in probability of crashing is negligible. At this point speed is not a factor anymore. It is the driver. And for the most part, it has always been the driver.

this is a ignorant thinking   

the difference between 90 and 110 is a close call or a straight tip over.    

a close miss or a full impact.  

it is easy to under or overestimate things regardless of the drivers experiance.   

The difference between 90 km/h and 110 km/h is significant!

Some calculations:

Stopping distance = braking distance + reaction distance
Reactions distance = velocity in kph / 10 x 3

braking distance = velocity in kph / 10 ^ 2

Stopping distance at 90 kph:
90 kph / 10 * 3 + 90 kph / 10 ^ 2 = 27 meters + 81 meters = 108 meters

Stopping distance at 110 kph:

110 kph / 10 * 3 + 110 kph / 10 ^ 2 = 33 meters + 121 meters = 154 meters

==> A difference of 20 kph in velocity equals a difference of 46 meters in stopping distance.

Note that these formulas only consider ideal road-,  weather- and vehicle conditions.

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The difference between 90 km/h and 110 km/h is significant!

Some calculations:

Stopping distance = braking distance + reaction distance
Reactions distance = velocity in kph / 10 x 3

braking distance = velocity in kph / 10 ^ 2

Stopping distance at 90 kph:
90 kph / 10 * 3 + 90 kph / 10 ^ 2 = 27 meters + 81 meters = 108 meters

Stopping distance at 110 kph:

110 kph / 10 * 3 + 110 kph / 10 ^ 2 = 33 meters + 121 meters = 154 meters

==> A difference of 20 kph in velocity equals a difference of 46 meters in stopping distance.

Note that these formulas only consider ideal road-,  weather- and vehicle conditions.

Note that this formula only works in real life and is not representative in a game that literally allows you to adjust braking intensity. xd

Kind regards,

partyaap

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Note that this formula only works in real life and is not representative in a game that literally allows you to adjust braking intensity. xd

If that was for IRL, the weight of the vehicle has not been calculated either. 
A 2 ton truck stops faster than a 20 ton truck.

My opinion on this topic. It just the driver, you have people who like to go 110km/h on the D-C road and ram every truck they see.
And you have people (including me) who drive 110km/h, where it is possible. Like on the highway to Italy, 3 lanes and long stretches without any off and on ramps.
But on busy 2 lane roads, I adjust to the driver in front of me.

11 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Note that this formula only works in real life and is not representative in a game that literally allows you to adjust braking intensity.

These formula work perfectly fine for me.

If one used ETS2 / ATS as what they are supposed to be, namely simulators, one would set your stability and braking intensity settings accordingly.

But let's agree to disagree here.

It is my aspiration to get the realism out of a simulator, and apparently that is not what you're interested in.

Which is totally fine by me. 

10 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

If that was for IRL, the weight of the vehicle has not been calculated either.

The calculations were made to give you an idea about the approximate impact of speed to distance, as this was relativised before.

If you are seriously interested in a more precise and detailed calculations, you will certainly find them somewhere in the depths of the internet or relevant manuals/ publications. 

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

These formula work perfectly fine for me.

If one used ETS2 / ATS as what they are supposed to be, namely simulators, one would set your stability and braking intensity settings accordingly.

But let's agree to disagree here.

It is my aspiration to get the realism out of a simulator, and apparently that is not what you're interested in.

Which is totally fine by me. 

The calculations were made to give you an idea about the approximate impact of speed to distance, as this was relativised before.

If you are seriously interested in a more precise and detailed calculations, you will certainly find them somewhere in the depths of the internet or relevant manuals/ publications. 

I know. But from my experience the speeders have truck stability and braking power maxxed out. So I don't really see the point in arguing about stopping distance and tipping over.

Outside c-d road I rarely see reckless drivers. And on c-d the reckless drivers usually cause crashes because they are overtaking for kilometers and don't look in front for more than 3 meters. So with that kind of behaviour, in my opinion, I don't really see what the significant difference between 90 and 110 is. They'll still be reckless even if they drive at 70 like that.

I have 98 accepted reports at the moment. And from the reckless driving ones (the majority), speed is never the issue.

Kind regards,

partyaap

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

I don't really see what the significant difference between 90 and 110 is. They'll still be reckless even if they drive at 70 like that.

I agree: a speed limit can't stop players from driving reckless. That isn't its purpose anyway. 

A speed limit (if followed) can help to prevent accidents as it provides more time to react (evasive maneuvers) and shortens the stopping distance.

Speed is not a requirement for reckless driving. But speeding can be rated as reckless driving, depending on the situation.

9 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

I know. But from my experience the speeders have truck stability and braking power maxxed out. So I don't really see the point in arguing about stopping distance and tipping over.

Outside c-d road I rarely see reckless drivers. And on c-d the reckless drivers usually cause crashes because they are overtaking for kilometers and don't look in front for more than 3 meters. So with that kind of behaviour, in my opinion, I don't really see what the significant difference between 90 and 110 is. They'll still be reckless even if they drive at 70 like that.

I have 98 accepted reports at the moment. And from the reckless driving ones (the majority), speed is never the issue.

then you should try the short trip form Dortmund to Kassel or Dortmund to Bremen at Primetime. 

you think the mainroad of C-D is bad??     then you will see a tenfold of this on those two parts.    and for sure losing hope in Humanity... 

20 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

then you should try the short trip form Dortmund to Kassel or Dortmund to Bremen at Primetime. 

you think the mainroad of C-D is bad??     then you will see a tenfold of this on those two parts.    and for sure losing hope in Humanity... 

Drive on Promods server , its better then the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived