bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

so back form my 1.40 exile  ... 

i noticed the trolls are gone somehow ....   

Nah I just took them over from you. Because I seem to have noticed more ?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 hour ago, seth_haveron said:

indeed .... it seems like someone put a Bounty on me Arse     the whole efin day the same sh#t    

i hope this morrons will get a perma ban    

this is one of the reasons i Advocate to remove cars for good ....  they are never used as they suppose to ... 

Oh wow, they're really out there to get you. I've never experienced it that severe myself. But that's not fun at all.

Though I personally do enjoy my Skoda and I keep to the speedlimit so I hope they don't remove it, haha. But I understand the frustration.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I think the speed limit is not a problem. You can use the speed of 90KM/H to drive at a constant speed. Sometimes a high speed will bring us a different experience. Any problem will also bring us a warning. The low speed will bring us excellent scenery enjoyment and experience. I think it’s best to keep the status quo. I’m sorry I can’t keep up with your ideas because I think 110KM/H is very reasonable.

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

I would like to see Simulation 1 server to be no-collision, collisions are fun on paper, but with people on Keyboards & learn-to-drive issues.. Arcade server is too empty and no-limit on speed is bad.. simulation1 could be what it is today but without collision!

The biggest problem with the servers now is toxic & grand-theft-auto drivers, driving on the wrong side, blocking entrances.. i would not mind limit driving speed to 90 kmh/h BUT i dont think it will solve anything!

On 10/2/2020 at 12:45 PM, Snaily001 said:

I don't think it's the speed limit changing that's made the C/D road so hellish. I think it's a culture and audience change. The rise of people like Tony747 and Darwen making videos about trolls has likely increased the amount of trolls on the road as many people find TruckersMP through them - I have a friend who bought ETS2 specifically for TruckersMP after finding Idiots on the Road, though only because he was waiting for news of a multiplayer mode being added before buying, not because he wanted to troll - and they think the kind of behaviour in those videos is normal. In fact, thanks to Darwen in particular, people who have rec, a Twitch link or a YouTube link in their tag often become targets as those people will sometimes also send clips to Darwen, and the trolls want to be able to show a video to their friends and go hey look, it me, forgetting that the video will likely also be part of a web report. Combine the culture and audience with the fact that the C/D road is already known for what it is (it takes only a few seconds of Googling to find something about it which immediately peaks your interest) and you have a recipe for disaster.

Most people I know who want a decent experience on TMP will either go on Promods or on Sim2 if they're scared of modding or whatever.

I completely agree with this, people see these videos and want to try the game out for themselves and as it's so cheap they have nothing to loose. people also act up when they see the users because there is a chance of them getting on a video. I don't think it's a speed issue people should be able to determine how fast to take a corner. If it was 90 doing long 5k jobs would take ages and wouldn't be fun.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, TSR_Callum said:

I completely agree with this, people see these videos and want to try the game out for themselves and as it's so cheap they have nothing to loose. people also act up when they see the users because there is a chance of them getting on a video. I don't think it's a speed issue people should be able to determine how fast to take a corner. If it was 90 doing long 5k jobs would take ages and wouldn't be fun.

its more like ppl see this videos and think they have to act like morrons as well.   Darwen and co. do no one a favor by posting this idiocy.  

and again  : it had been a speed issue , it is an speed issue and it ever be a speed issue.    everything else like to slow , to long , to boring  is just a lame excuse. 

D-C is the perfect example for it.  roads are rated for 60 km/h only ......morrons still try to take them with all they got , and seriously wonder why they end up as a cause for a crash or a traffic jam

last year ive done many jobs over 8k + and im perfectly fine with doing them with 90 km/h  or even less. 

it doesnt even matter , it takes ages this or the other way.  

• 2 weeks later...

you are absolutely right

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I came back after a while to play a little, and i saw something like "At TruckersMP we take simulation serious", and i was like Ah cool, they finally improved the simulation part. I saw a 90km/h logo and had high hopes.

So i went online, and saw that there are alot more players now, which is great. I went on a job, put my CC on 85 km/h. And before i knew it, people were flying past me. So i hit the throttle to see what the actual limit was...: 110. "We take simulation seriously" To "simulate" something is to represent laws and physics of reality as much as possible. In the EU, trucks are limited at 90 km/h, always.

Hey there !

I make the C-D road everyday, and i made this conclusion. When you follow speed limits on the GPS, other players ask you to speed up. When you're at 90 the same. Finally, they want to drive as fast as possible on this road. I think set a speed limit at 90 kph on Simulation servers could be a great idea : first as the name of the server, it's a simulation server and in ETS2 you have the word "Simulator". Second, it could be better for driving experience, and maybe a majority of experienced players could come and drive there. Finally, it could be better for moderators (i think to you first,  @HérissonMan); with experienced drivers on C-D road due to the speed limit at 90 kph they won't have a high number of reports to review. If players want to drive faster, fell free to go on Arcade.

Here you have my opinion, fell free to agree or disagree with me ? 

I agree with the main idea of lowering the speed limit. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a simulator, and anyone who likes or even knows this job will know that a heavy vehicle at high speeds is like a child driving a Honda CBR 1000RR ... I would lower the speed limit and eliminate cars as it is a truck simulator. If I wanted to drive cars I would go to Forza Motorsport or iRacing ... I have to say that I have been driving online for 1 month and I have already had more accidents than in my offline game because of idiots who do not know how to play with other people. A greeting from Spain.

I'd have to say I would support the speed cap. In my eyes the Sim servers on TruckersMP are for simulating real world trucking and operations. It is very unrealistic to have a truck going 100 km/h on highways never mind urban roads. As stated multiple times before, removing the speed caps just result in the Sim servers being treated like the Arcade servers with people just messing around doing 110 km/h in fully loaded trucks. Kinda ruins the experience for me.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived