bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

On 12/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

None of that really answered the question I asked, nor was it really directed at the point I was making. lol

My post was a direct response to your suggestion to use the speed limiter.

Again for you:

I do not need a speed limiter at all because all speed limiters as well as server speed limits are set to velocities that I will never reach.

Regarding your first question:

I have to inform you that I will not start over this conversation with you again.

Enjoy the multiplayer (if you can)!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRL the speed is limited not only because of trucks, but also because of general traffic. Since there are mostly trucks around and huge part of map is empty, I don't see reason to limit these speeds even further.

Also it would make highways even less attractive, since there are almost no players and there is little point in using them to become faster.

I don't wanna switch to arcade to unlock speed limit. If I drive on empty highway, I will be doing the max speed (although Trucksbook allows 100 kph only, so I drive 97) and quickly accustom when I start meeting other trucks.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, seth_haveron said:

actually it would change a hell lot if everyone that still got his/hers healthy mind together would use the speed limiter like it is intended by the game. 

traveling along the main Road of C/D is like playing Dodgeball with Trucks.  with the huge difference...... its not a ball thats flying towards you... figuratively 

ive done this tour only two times at a top speed of 70Km/h ... otherwise i wouldnt be able to dodge all this idiots on a kamikaze mission against mankind. 

seriously this kind of behaviour should be a straight instaban reason.  .....overtaking no matter the costs or just plowing right through. 

this part of the map needs a strikt hardcoded limit of at least 60 km/h to keep this idiocy under Control. 

With 10-15 tons, I can make 90 kph and slow down only for bends, it's not as bad as people think. At least with my mentality - if anybody drives into my way, I will not try to dodge them at all cost. It's not real life (and they know it as well) - I am not gonna risk swerving and ditching myself. No, I only slow down or drive as I do and make the idiots get into their lane or suffer the consequences.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

My post was a direct response to your suggestion to use the speed limiter.

Again for you:

I do not need a speed limiter at all because all speed limiters as well as server speed limits are set to velocities that I will never reach.

Regarding your first question:

I have to inform you that I will not start over this conversation with you again.

Enjoy the multiplayer (if you can)!

I mean the only reason our conversation was going in circles is because you never acknowledge that what we are asking for does not exist, yet you keep saying it does.

Which is why i'm using your twisted logic by suggesting the speedlimiter. Why are you suggesting a server change when what you want is already in the game?

See what i'm doing there?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

12 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

I mean the only reason our conversation was going in circles is because you never acknowledge that what we are asking for does not exist, yet you keep saying it does.

Which is why i'm using your twisted logic by suggesting the speedlimiter. Why are you suggesting a server change when what you want is already in the game?

See what i'm doing there?

I showed you the possibilities you have at present and suggested to choose the one you like best, because the configuration you are asking for does not exist anymore and, according to the statement of TruckersMP team members, will not be offered anymore.

In simple words:

If you can not have what you want, pick something else from what is offered.

Why this is a twisted logic to you is beyond me.

Anyway, I hope that you will find a way to enjoy the multiplayer mod, even if it does not fully meet your expectations.

Personally I find the speed limits on the current simulation servers just fine. I haven't actually come across much trollers/people causing problems recently but I'm either lucky or not driving in the places where they often pop up. At the end of the day, regardless of speed limit you will always have people who are going to drive reckless/troll/cause problems. But I don't think the limit needs to be further restricted. Unless there was a really strict simulated server and the rest stay as they are now.

On 12/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Ferynacz98765 said:

IRL the speed is limited not only because of trucks, but also because of general traffic. Since there are mostly trucks around and huge part of map is empty, I don't see reason to limit these speeds even further.

Also it would make highways even less attractive, since there are almost no players and there is little point in using them to become faster.

I don't wanna switch to arcade to unlock speed limit. If I drive on empty highway, I will be doing the max speed (although Trucksbook allows 100 kph only, so I drive 97) and quickly accustom when I start meeting other trucks.

With 10-15 tons, I can make 90 kph and slow down only for bends, it's not as bad as people think. At least with my mentality - if anybody drives into my way, I will not try to dodge them at all cost. It's not real life (and they know it as well) - I am not gonna risk swerving and ditching myself. No, I only slow down or drive as I do and make the idiots get into their lane or suffer the consequences.

so you literally give them what they want .....   im not sure if they take it as a consequence  but more like a accomplished goal. 

jes its not as bad as ppl think , you say it youreself but still you oppose this thought.  

17 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I showed you the possibilities you have at present and suggested to choose the one you like best, because the configuration you are asking for does not exist anymore and, according to the statement of TruckersMP team members, will not be offered anymore.

In simple words:

If you can not have what you want, pick something else from what is offered.

Why this is a twisted logic to you is beyond me.

Anyway, I hope that you will find a way to enjoy the multiplayer mod, even if it does not fully meet your expectations.

So after multiple times of saying "what you guys want already exist" you knew that it doesn't exist?

Then why say the opposite literally the entire time?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:30 PM, Granite said:

Arcade servers are for your unrealistic, I repeat, unrealistic speed, but of course nobody wants that cause of collisions, and without that, there woudln't be "idiots on the road" and you wouldn't get those views and likes, so people won't stop yapping again and again to "bring 150km/h SIM2 back". It just won't happen. Funny that op suggest reducing speed limit on simulation, I repeat, simulation server, but you people come here and start suggesting to increase it instead. 

And, no, not everyone was happy, before the "road to simulation" changes, there wasn't server with 90km/h speed limit, SIM1 was 110km/h and SIM2 was 150km/h , and before that SIM2 wasn't limited at all, so the speed limits aren'nt really different, except the removed collisions.

Define unrealistic. If you wanna tell me that a truck can't achieve these speeds IRL, then i'd urge you to check IRL youtube videos of scania trucks with cargo going at 150 hm/h on the highway. Then there's also the game physics that allow for such speeds even while turning. This is an issue that could be solved by enforcing trailer stability within the server, but TMP managers think it's more reasonable to enforce an unrealistic, i repeat, unrealistic speed limit rather than enforcing trailer physics or even weather. 

Instead of being happy and grateful that TMP admins favor the minority server preferences, here you are, nattering about a stricter speed limit setting.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:32 PM, seth_haveron said:

why would you need to overtake at a legal speed ??   

Why do you need collisions on the Sim Server? Seems like you never gonna crash with someone else anyway.

8 minutes ago, Granite said:

Please, stop quoting or mentioning me in this thread, I will not respond to your "arguments" anymore.

It's not arguments. It's facts. Trucks IRL can go at such speeds. Thus not unrealistic. No need for your response.

Hello everyone, 

I'd like remind you all to remain calm and keep a nice and friendly chatting environment :)! This might be a difficult topic with lots of different opinions, but that doesn't mean that there's only one perfect opinion everyone needs to agree with. I personally wouldn't mind if the speed-limit was "only" 90km/h, as I prefer more realistic driving than arcade-like driving, which can sometimes be seen on our servers. If you disagree with me or someone else here, then that's totally fine. You might wanna add something to the topic by sharing your opinion, your welcome to do so, but respect each others opinions please - we don't need even more toxic people than we might have / encounter already in our daily lives. I know that you might think I'm exaggerating by saying this, but it's better to stop something before it even really starts (in regards to the recent replies). Your welcome to share opinion here, but please remain calm and don't take things personal, even if you strongly disagree with someone else's opinion. That being said, have a nice evening or day and keep on trucking :)! 

Kind regards,  

Inklink

TruckersMP GM + CMT

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Today's trucks would need much more effort to disable speed limiter and tachograph ( illegal and just not worth it in EU), if someone thinks what's shown in the video is legal in EU, they are wrong.

Even if those drivers owned their trucks, I very much doubt they would be driving like that very long, not to mention with load, or they would be working their ass just to fill up the fuel tanks, in commercial trucking, efficiency is paramount.

And if they work for a company, I bet in some EU countries, when caught, they would risk not only their own licence, but the company licence as well.

This video was recorded somehere outside EU, supposdely Bosna,  it doesn't prove anything  of what this person claims.

LIke I said before, I am not going to argue with this person, I merely asked to stop quoting me after reading what they got, but they denied my request. I choose to ignore them, it's my right, don't want to be pulled into useless argument war.

Anyone can believe whatever they want, you can search internet for something like this, and you can also look up some real life regulations if that's not too much reading for you.

The only proof here is, that these drivers are unresponsible and unproffesional. You can find many videos like this on youtube, and you can also find tons of videos and channels where you could see how real trucking looks like.

Hello @seth_haveron

I was browsing the Forum when I came across this brilliant post.?

Honestly I like to drive at the speed of traffic signs, and I endorse all your words: Time to enjoy the scenery, time to break and avoid accidents, this is the essence of the game unknown by others and now with this brilliant post everyone will pay

more attention.?

Thanks for sharing ?

41 minutes ago, Granite said:

Today's trucks would need much more effort to disable speed limiter and tachograph ( illegal and just not worth it in EU), if someone thinks what's shown in the video is legal in EU, they are wrong.

Even if those drivers owned their trucks, I very much doubt they would be driving like that very long, not to mention with load, or they would be working their ass just to fill up the fuel tanks, in commercial trucking, efficiency is paramount.

And if they work for a company, I bet in some EU countries, when caught, they would risk not only their own licence, but the company licence as well.

This video was recorded somehere outside EU, supposdely Bosna,  it doesn't prove anything  of what this person claims.

LIke I said before, I am not going to argue with this person, I merely asked to stop quoting me after reading what they got, but they denied my request. I choose to ignore them, it's my right, don't want to be pulled into useless argument war.

Anyone can believe whatever they want, you can search internet for something like this, and you can also look up some real life regulations if that's not too much reading for you.

The only proof here is, that these drivers are unresponsible and unproffesional. You can find many videos like this on youtube, and you can also find tons of videos and channels where you could see how real trucking looks like.

Your point was about realism of the truck's speed. Not regulations or rules. And like i said, if you wanna argue for the speed limit don't use realism as an example because as you can clearly see in the video it's realistic to drive in a big straight at 140 km/h even with cargo.

It's also realistic that a crazy person can jump out of a window from the 10th floor of a building. Following your logic, it would be OK to do that, because it's "realistic". Also, it's realistic that some crazy or drunk drivers go full speed on the wrong side of a highway, so it should be OK to do that in the game, because it's "realistic".

A bunch of crazy people are not the example that should be followed to say "This is OK". It's the behaviour of the other 99% of not crazy people that should be taken as example of "realistic".

23 hours ago, Christian Thomas said:

I think that you are correct, but there is a lot of people who do not care about fuel economy and stuff who want to go 110kmh every second.

Problem with it players is because they drive 110kmh on road with 60-70kmh speed and then roll-over on the road.

I hope DEVS change it and TMP launcher show speed notifications on every road not just in the city, the speed of the truck is reduced.

If they overturn at 110 km/h, they do it on purpose.
and following a speed limit is ridiculous when there is no AI and nobody around.
Knowing how to brake when you have to is essential to play ets2
for this I propose:
To limit the children who want to overturn it would be necessary to ask for 400 hours in the solo game before being able to create a truckersmp account, it will make frustrating to be banned at once and will realize how lucky they are to be able to drive in the multiplayer of ets2.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's also realistic that a crazy person can jump out of a window from the 10th floor of a building. Following your logic, it would be OK to do that, because it's "realistic". Also, it's realistic that some crazy or drunk drivers go full speed on the wrong side of a highway, so it should be OK to do that in the game, because it's "realistic".

A bunch of crazy people are not the example that should be followed to say "This is OK". It's the behaviour of the other 99% of not crazy people that should be taken as example of "realistic".

This is not a discussion about whether it's OK to do it, this is only your faulty interpretation. This whole conversation was based on his argument about high speeds being unrealistic in trucks. And like i said to him, if you want to favor the speed limit, you should find a different argument, because as you can see from the video such speeds are pretty realistic.

21 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

If you wanna tell me that a truck can't achieve these speeds IRL, then i'd urge you to check IRL youtube videos of scania trucks with cargo going at 150 hm/h on the highway.

I believe what @Granite means with "unrealistic speed" is that the majority of truck drivers you see IRL on the road drive at reasonable speeds way below 150 kph, and that a dozen of trucks driving at 150 kph would stick out like a sore thumb.
But maybe I got him all wrong...

During my journeys on European highways in the last 40 years I have never seen a truck driving faster than 120 kph. Now, I don't rule out that it happens but I think it is rare.

I agree that a truck can drive faster than 90 kph. 

But driving faster comes at a price. You will need longer to stop and you have less time to react to unforeseen incidents which could lead to an accident.

The video that you posted shows irresponsible and reckless truck drivers.
Luckily, the street seems to be deserted, the weather and visibility is good and the course of the road is straight.
Nevertheless, a tire blowout at that speed could end in unnecessary damages and casualties.

Let us not forget that the initial question of the OP @seth_haveron was what we think about lowering the speed limit to 90kph. For my part, I hardly ever reach the 90 kph, so lowering the speed limit would not make a difference for me.

And for you?

Archived