bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

On 12/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, iBrachoO said:

There shouldn't be any speed limit. Same shit I got rammed in the city driving 50 km/h or autobahn 150km/h by 300 ping lagger. 

Maybe they should allow you to play only when you send your selfie with covid facemask ? xD

Shouldn't be a Speed Limit for CARS, but Trucks should be limited to 90.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Everything you ask for already exists. Enabled collisions on the simulations servers and higher speed limit on the arcade servers. Just pick one and enjoy what is offered for free to you!

Clearly it isn't, there are many players who want collisions and higher speed limit. Why pick one when we could and use to have both. Doesn't effect other people.

The present server setups with their respective speed limits have been decided by the TruckersMP team in the course of the changeover to "Road To Simulation", which is a mean to improve our all game experience.

And clearly not again, they already had both. Europe 1 was Simulation 1. It literally does not effect them at all if they still had Europe 2. 

My question is, why are you against having the option?

@InsaneCallum They "removed" EU2 because it was massively affecting them. It's TruckersMP team who deals with reports, bans, appeals, etc. #EU2 server was a continuous overload for game moderators. That's why they changed so those who want to go fast have the arcade servers, where they can drive as they like and won't be reported or banned for it, no need for appeals. Problem: It didn't work out. Those who want to drive fast don't use the arcade servers, because they can't collide with others. So instead, they use the speed limited servers and complain because "they can't go fast". I don't know if the amount of reports/bans/appeals went down after "Road to Simulation" changes were implemented, but from what I see when I play, I'd guess that they did. I keep reporting the same offences as before, only instead of 3-4 reports per session, I send 3-4 reports every 2 weeks or so, if I play every day.

19 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

They "removed" EU2 because it was massively affecting them. It's TruckersMP team who deals with reports, bans, appeals, etc. #EU2 server was a continuous overload for game moderators. That's why they changed so those who want to go fast have the arcade servers, where they can drive as they like and won't be reported or banned for it, no need for appeals. Problem: It didn't work out. Those who want to drive fast don't use the arcade servers, because they can't collide with others. So instead, they use the speed limited servers and complain because "they can't go fast". I don't know if the amount of reports/bans/appeals went down after "Road to Simulation" changes were implemented, but from what I see when I play, I'd guess that they did. I keep reporting the same offences as before, only instead of 3-4 reports per session, I send 3-4 reports every 2 weeks or so, if I play every day.

I highly doubt it went down, in my experience and majority of people i've spoken to about it. Have been rammed more, more collisions, more reports made. 

Accidents Happen, they made a change, the change didn't work. People have the right to complain about it. There are better solutions for the speed issue. Such as limiting speed after a area gets over X amount of players, limtiing speed on CD Road

Just because i want to go fast and have collisions, doesn't mean I want to ram people. Me saying I would prefer to go back to EU1/EU2 days does not effect players who want to have a speed limit. 

At the end of the day, it's just players who want to enjoy their game, and if it isn't effecting other players. Who cares.

19 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Clearly it isn't, there are many players who want collisions and higher speed limit. Why pick one when we could and use to have both. Doesn't effect other people.

At present, you can not have both.

And that is a direct consequence of the time when we used to have both. Because it did affect other people.

In particular, innocent players that were involved in accidents caused by players that lost control of their vehicle while driving at excessive speed.

19 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

My question is, why are you against having the option?

I just stated the options you have available at present.
If you want the "good old times" back, you should make a suggestion.

2 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

I highly doubt it went down, in my experience and majority of people i've spoken to about it. Have been rammed more, more collisions, more reports made. 

Obviously, we can only talk about our own experiences, since we have no way to know about the real statistics of the report system. "In my experience and majority of people I've spoken to about it", we are being rammed less (a lot less), less collisions (a lot less), less reports made (like 95-98% less reports than before - I only report players who ram my vehicle or are clearly trolls, same as before).

This being said, my experience or yours are irrelevant to the report system status. It's the game's moderation team's experience that has to be taken into account, but sadly, I don't think that they can disclose that kind of information. Thing is, it's been said by different staff members that the speed limits were changed in order to lower the amount of "incidents" caused because of high speeds. If the result were that the amount is higher now, they would have changed back to the previous speeds long ago, don't you think?

38 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If the result were that the amount is higher now, they would have changed back to the previous speeds long ago, don't you think?

No, TMP Will do what they want their game to be. People are not going to go else were are they. There is no else where.

IMO, It has nothing to do with speed. As they increase the speed on event servers / convoys. Where you are in traffic constantly. Surely they would want them to be safer? 

At the end of the day, if we had the old system, Don't like the speed. go into EU1, Like speed. EU2

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

At present, you can not have both.

And that is a direct consequence of the time when we used to have both. Because it did affect other people.

In particular, innocent players that were involved in accidents caused by players that lost control of their vehicle while driving at excessive speed.

I just stated the options you have available at present.
If you want the "good old times" back, you should make a suggestion.

I just fine it dumb how they want "Road to simulation" but hey admins can drive 100mph. Not even the admins seem to like the speedlimit,

Road to simulation #2 - "Lastly, we have made some small changes to the speed limiter. Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph) in order to let them fulfill their duties in the best way possible."

On 12/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, InsaneCallum said:

To me, the argument that ETS2/ATS has a speed cap because its a "Simulator and not a racing game" is invalid. Base game do not cap your speed to these limits so why are TMP modifying the experience

TMP Use to have the option of Simulation Server and A server with a higher speed cap, people had an option to choose and then they robbed that option away from us. It's a dumb decision, It has caused different playing styles to merge and have just cause Havoc, You go for a overtake and you both cap out at 68mph, it's causing unnecessary collisions

With the addition of ProMods where there is only 1k - 1.5k on the server most of time, you barely see anyone on the road due to how large the map is, why not let us go faster? The speed cap of 93mph was fine. 

They can please both play styles however they have chosen not to and created an "terrible" solution. Arcade servers, why would you want to try around and not have collisions? Collisions happen, big deal. Majority of people are not trying to cause them but if they are not there, what is the point? Why wait in the queue, I can just go through it. 

They should've never changed from Europe 1 (Simulation) and Europe 2 (93mph Cap)

the base game DO cap you to 90 Km/h unless you turn off the limiter manualy. 

your first job is with ths limiter active. 

your first own truck got this limiter active. 

so the first thing you do is drive with a 90 km/h limit.   this speed is the vanilla setting that should be used fist place. 

your "unnecessary collisions" are the drivers fault not the games or the TMP team.   

ppl who think forther then form the mouse to the nose pick a save point to overtake.  its most likley these imature 8x4 kids that try to force a overtake with a crowbar no matter what. 

its also pointless to make it depent on the local population ....  even if theres only 3 players on the server its still not a reason to speed like a madman.  

and also on a SIMULATOR Server there should be only one Playstyle .... the Simulator playsyle ...   sadly many simply forget this is not GTA  or NFS.... 

1 minute ago, seth_haveron said:

and also on a SIMULATOR Server there should be only one Playstyle .... the Simulator playsyle ...   sadly many simply forget this is not GTA  or NFS.... 

That's why i suggested multiple servers like they use to have? 

And this is not GTA / NFS is a dumb argument. Racing is also against the rules so your point is invalid. I'm not racing, im driving down a empty road with no AI Traffic. So by your logic, I cannot drive a bus and be a bus driver in Vice City even though the feature is there. In gta san andreas, I cannot drive my truck around in a simulator style because it is gta.

Stop trying to limit players on what they are doing. Just Make europe 2 again and all players are happy. There wouldn't be these types of posts if it wasn't disliked.

Also, according to the TMP Rules, Racing is allowed on Racetracks, bUt tHiS iS nOt nEeD fOR sPeED

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, racing other users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks). Driving outside of the map boundaries or in areas that are not covered by the mini map/GPS. Hidden roads which are intentionally part of the map are not included. You can use these roads. In ProMods, you can drive on unlocked roads or paths. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle. Using the ghost mode feature to go through traffic jams.

No, TMP Will do what they want their game to be. People are not going to go else were are they. There is no else where.

Exactly. And also from the rules: "...everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time". 

That's why i suggested multiple servers like they use to have?

There are more servers now than there used to be. It's only the players' choice to use one or the other.

I'm not racing, im driving down a empty road with no AI Traffic

You can do that in Arcade servers and go as fast as you want, there is no difference if it's an empty road, you don't need collisions enabled, right?

Also, according to the TMP Rules, Racing is allowed on Racetracks, bUt tHiS iS nOt nEeD fOR sPeED

Keyword: Racetracks. Need for Speed (most versions) is about racing among other traffic on public roads. Which is what ETS2/ATS are not about and TruckersMP, even less. And what many people fail to understand.

@InsaneCallum I believe, original creator of this thread, @seth_haveron wanted to suggest a really strict simulation server for ETS2 with speed limit lowered to 90km/h.

I have suggested the similar thing, multiple times, in this thread, I want one, just one server with 90km/h speed limit.

But then, people like you turn up, and start going on like ... no no no, don't lower the speed limit, remove all speed limits, we want to go fast and have collisions. Just why? 

I've never had the feeling this idea was meant to limit your playstyle, I believe it was meant to separate real simulation from your kind, not removimg server with 110km/h limit, but creating one with 90km/h limit.

Is it too much to ask? We've had the old EU1/EU2 setup running for years, but there has never been true simulation server, I don't remember any server with 90km/h limit since joining TMP, and the current setup is simulation only by the name of the server.

Again, I don't wish to limit your kind of players, but my own choices are even more limited than yours, appart form sticking to singleplayer, right?

Oh yeah, and I have stopped attending officilal events, both ETS2 and ATS, because the speed limit, TMP has lost me on that completely. I don't wish to deal with sprint races, constant overtaking and subsequent waiting in resulting jams.

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Exactly. And also from the rules: "...everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time". 

There are more servers now than there used to be. It's only the players' choice to use one or the other.

You can do that in Arcade servers and go as fast as you want, there is no difference if it's an empty road, you don't need collisions enabled, right?

Keyword: Racetracks. Need for Speed (most versions) is about racing among other traffic on public roads. Which is what ETS2/ATS are not about and TruckersMP, even less. And what many people fail to understand.

I don't know why people get so loyal to companies/products. What's wrong with improving the experience. 

Arcade server is just there BS backup so they can say "We do offer speed, just with no collisions". So lets use some more of your logic. Simulation 1 has Collisions, "You don't need collisions enabled". If you are not planning on hitting into people you don't need them enabled right? - If speed is a issue, Admin's shouldn't be allowed to bypass the speedlimit to have 100mph.

Finally racetracks were not directed at you. It's directed to the people who say "This is not GTA/NFS" and how it is a terrible argument as it basically states playing the game a way it is not "intended" defeats the entire purpose of this MP mod.

@Granite Europe 1 was literally a simulation server. It had a much lower speed cap however I do respect you for saying you don't want to limit us. That is all i wish. For Simulation server for the people who want simulation, and the equivalent of Europe 2 back

Like I said previously, in this same topic IIRC, I did suggest to remove collisions in ALL servers. Those who want speed would stop using the simulation ones, since they would have no "thrill" of crashing others anymore, those who want to simulate would have a lot more peaceful environment in the simulation servers, since we wouldn't need to worry about players going full speed and unable to keep their lanes. It was rejected, though. So if your plan was to make me reply otherwise... Sorry. I wouldn't mind even a bit if the Simulation servers were made non-collisions. I avoid other players' vehicles even in NCZ unless they are blocking the spot I need to use and I see that they are not moving for a while.

So, how about I change your logic now, do you (and the others like you) not use the arcade servers because you are planning on hitting into people? Is that why you need collsions? EDIT: And BTW, I mentioned "You don't need collisions enabled" in the context I quoted, where you would be supposedly driving on empty roads.

Now, who are we to tell what is the "entire purpose of this MP mod"? That's up to the mod's creators, so if they have decided that the entire purpose is to play among other people in a simulation style, we all should accept that.

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

1.) Like I said previously, in this same topic IIRC, I did suggest to remove collisions in ALL servers. Those who want speed would stop using the simulation ones, since they would have no "thrill" of crashing others anymore, those who want to simulate would have a lot more peaceful environment in the simulation servers, since we wouldn't need to worry about players going full speed and unable to keep their lanes. It was rejected, though. So if your plan was to make me reply otherwise... Sorry. I wouldn't mind even a bit if the Simulation servers were made non-collisions. I avoid other players' vehicles even in NCZ unless they are blocking the spot I need to use and I see that they are not moving for a while.

2.) So, how about I change your logic now, do you (and the others like you) not use the arcade servers because you are planning on hitting into people? Is that why you need collsions? 

3.) Now, who are we to tell what is the "entire purpose of this MP mod"? That's up to the mod's creators, so if they have decided that the entire purpose is to play among other people in a simulation style, we all should accept that.

1.) Hey guess what? You want no collisilons? Go to arcade. And put your speed cap on. Problem solved right? While you add it, might as well suggets to SCS to remove all collisions from AI Traffic. Saying that, Why play Multiplayer at this point, go to SP?

2.) I've already stated this, you can read the above posts. Just because I'm for having collisions enabled, does not mean I want to crash into players. Collisions happen. Oh dear, what a pity. Never mind. I forgot accidents don't happen in real life. I want to go fast, at a controllable speed. I like to get to A To B fast. I would be fine with a speed limit if AI traffic was there, however it is not. I drive around with my friends, We want to be able to go far in a job without us having other things to do.

3.) I think you missed my point here. Again, you are not the intended person of that response. That response relates to playing the game the way it is not intended to be played. They are saying you shouldn't be speeding because its a simulation game, and thats how you are intended to play. Im countering that argument by saying. Multiplayer Mod is not the way the game is intended to be played.

If you want Simulation with no collisions. I would be happy to support that, My argument is about getting players the experience they want.

@InsaneCallum EU1 was just about the same as SIM1 and 2 are now, 110km/h limit, just with no cars, if I remember correctly. But that server had only about half the player slots, and with the availability of 150km/h server (previoulsy even unlimited) with twice the player slots, naturally, it was way less popular. So, the server changes has not really affected me, maybe it's even worse, because cars are everywhere (at least they used to be buzzing hornets, now they are completely soundless). My wish may have much better chance becoming true, but raising speed limits have been suggested and subsequently rejected many times since the changes, TMP creators have decided in which direction they want to go, so it's up to each member to deal with that.

Just now, Granite said:

@InsaneCallum EU1 was just about the same as SIM1 and 2 are now, 110km/h limit, just with no cars, if I remember correctly. But that server had only about half the player slots, and with the availability of 150km/h server (previoulsy even unlimited) with twice the player slots, naturally, it was way less popular. So, the server changes has not really affected me, maybe it's even worse, because cars are everywhere (at least they used to be buzzing hornets, now they are completely soundless). My wish may have much better chance becoming true, but raising speed limits have been suggested and subsequently rejected many times since the changes, TMP creators have decided in which direction they want to go, so it's up to each member to deal with that.

Of course! My apologies I forgot EU1 had cars banned. I hope you can get the server you once had. I believe the old system worked better as it catered the experience to all players. Of course, the addition of Arcade servers is great for the small number of users who wish for that experience.

TMP Should create a server or change Sim #1 to 55mph and keep Simulation #2 the same or go back to europe 2 style

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I give up, definitely. Only thing that I want to remark, once again: All players in TruckersMP are GUESTS. It's the TruckersMP team who decides what and how the servers will be. Don't like it? Send a suggestion with your desired changes or leave.

Yeah? You mean what this entire discussion is about? That's what we are doing. Enough people voice an opinion, something will be done.

Enjoy your day :)

No, it will not. You've been around long enough to know that these kind of topics with "remove speed limits", "raise speed limits", "enable collisions in arcade", are endless since "Road to Simulation" happened. Even suggestions with the same "unquestionable" reasons that you people use in the topics. Have you seen anything being done? Keep hoping.

You too, also a happy weekend and even happier coming holidays, hope your situation is a bit better than the one in Spain and you will be able to enjoy these dates with all your loved ones.

P.S. Please, don't quote me anymore, I keep an eye on the forums so there's no need, unless it is to remark something I posted before.

My ideal server would be very similar to Simulation 1, only the speed limits would be 90 Km/h, stabilities and suspensions would be fixed, server-side, at 0.0, same with "police" option, I know it's useless, but at least players would be warned that they did something wrong, there would be no "/fix" command, whoever breaks their truck, they have to drive to the repair station or call the tow service. Who knows? If TruckersMP are really into hardening the simulation aspect, maybe such server could exist in the future. Your ideal server, sadly for you, is in the past. And there's no indication whatsoever that it will come back.

1 hour ago, InsaneCallum said:

Enough people voice an opinion, something will be done.

Is not how it works. The speed limiter will never be changed to 120, 150 or removed. Probably yes, you are a good driver when you drive at more than 110, but the 75% of TruckersMP is not good doing that. Without speed limiter, we will see many more reports and many more players breaking the rules. If we remove it, TruckersMP will become Arcade again, and by doing this, the "Road to Simulation" will be gone.

And to finish this, It's not logic to see a truck at more than 150km/p with 25T... Is not real.

I believe the old system worked better as it catered the experience to all players. Of course, the addition of Arcade servers is great for the small number of users who wish for that experience.

TMP Should create a server or change Sim #1 to 55mph and keep Simulation #2 the same or go back to europe 2 style

Nope, the old system was not better, it was arcade and we are not arcade anymore (or at least we are trying not to be arcade anymore). That's why we've created the "Road to Simulation" with speed limiter, etc. Also, the players are not using the arcade server because it's empty, and it's empty because the NCZ is enabled in all the map. I'm 99% sure that we will never see a server without speed limiter and collisions enabled again.

"TMP Should create a server or change Sim #1 to 55mph and keep Simulation #2 the same or go back to europe 2 style" 

In a short way, not gonna happen.

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Retired Game Moderator Leader, Community Moderator and Translator

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

Archived