bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2020 at 4:25 PM, Mineiro Uai said:

Have you ever thought about playing Minecraft ??? It is very slow and not dangerous for you ... If not, here is an incentive, you will like it for sure !!! lol

how deep a human would need to fall to do this ??     driving a scania and playing minecraft is pretty much the same level. 

Actually, 90km/h is more realistic and lot safer instead of 110km/h, indeed, but 90km/h is better on Calais - Duisburg road, rest all of the roads can have 110km/h. Or, they must limit SIM 1 server to 90km/h, and SIM2 to bit higher Km/h. But I wish they could limit our speed according to the speed limit on roads, and also Snow mod will soon arrive to TMP, I wish they could implement this as soon as possible...

1 hour ago, iBrachoO said:

There shouldn't be any speed limit. Same shit I got rammed in the city driving 50 km/h or autobahn 150km/h by 300 ping lagger.

I refuse to believe that lifting the speed limit will improve the quality of an internet connection. ?

On a serious note, the speed limit is an important mean to enhance safety in road traffic. It reduces the risks of collisions caused by drivers traveling at different speeds.

However, speed limits can not prevent reckless driving, as reckless driving is a conscious decision to intentionally violate the safety of others and yourself.

Your arguments are entirely invalid. Trolls are going to ram and block anyways. Why would it be much harder to do when the speed limit is capped to 90 instead of 110? They can stand at the side of the road and as soon as they see you, pull out and ram you. Trolls have empty trailers - if you are out trucking you will be having a trailer with goods, therefore they will be able to catch up while you are accelerating to 90. Blocking, wrong direction, reckless and impatient drivers are going to exist regardless of the speed limit.

To me it seems like you made this suggestion just cause you follow the speed limit and everyone else should too in your opinion. C'mon man, play singleplayer instead if you dont like taking the risk of getting rammed. 

On 12/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, [AUT] Spiritual said:

Your arguments are entirely invalid. Trolls are going to ram and block anyways. Why would it be much harder to do when the speed limit is capped to 90 instead of 110? They can stand at the side of the road and as soon as they see you, pull out and ram you. Trolls have empty trailers - if you are out trucking you will be having a trailer with goods, therefore they will be able to catch up while you are accelerating to 90. Blocking, wrong direction, reckless and impatient drivers are going to exist regardless of the speed limit.

To me it seems like you made this suggestion just cause you follow the speed limit and everyone else should too in your opinion. C'mon man, play singleplayer instead if you dont like taking the risk of getting rammed. 

speeking like someone who never even try to go at lower speeds.  

1 hour ago, WojtekPlay said:

For me 90km/h is too slow like, who want to drive from Poznań to London in 90km/h speed when you can go 110km/h?

I mean, it should depend on what part of road do you drive. For some highways, even 140 km/h is okay while at some roads, you cannot drive more than 70 km/h without flipping your truck (regardless of other drivers).

-----

Personally, I am usually trying to do "normal" deliveries for TrucksBook, which require you to drive <100 km/h. My speed limit "beeper" is set to 91 km/h. And at some highways, I still set my CC to 97 and endure the beeper. With the 90 speed limit, this would not be available.

Finally, "legal" regulations should not be "technical" regulations. If you wanna ban people for speeding, then okay. But limiting the speed globally? Nah.

Why these changes?

We made these changes because feel that these settings are more suited for a trucking environment. American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 are simulators and not racing games. We want to go back to the roots of ETS2MP - Simulation. High speeds such as 150 km/h (93 mph) are not realistic for a truck in Europe or in the US. Usual speed limits in Europe are 80-90 km/h (50-55 mph) and up to 80 mph (128 km/h) in the United States (source). We would like to support people who want to play realistic and what we have seen in the past without a speed limit did not meet our requirements. Therefore, we have lowered the speed limit on our Simulation servers.

People who like racing are free to play on our Arcade servers. There is no speed limit but also no collisions. High speeds can easily cause collisions which is something we want to prevent. We will also not enable collisions on an Arcade server but without such rules as Ramming, Blocking or Reckless Driving. We do not see any sense in such a server. We are a truck simulation multiplayer, not a racing multiplayer. We will focus on our simulation community.

"Why can't cars drive faster on Simulation servers? There are higher speed limits for cars in real life too!" It is true that cars are allowed to drive faster than trucks in real life. Both games are truck simulators, therefore the physics of the scout car is really similar to trucks. Experience has shown that it is even more difficult to keep scout cars under control than trucks. We want to reduce reckless driving caused by mistake or negligence by not allowing scout cars to drive faster. Furthermore, scout cars are still on a trial basis activated on simulation servers. We may remove them in the future if we see too many problems with them.

(Extract from: "Server types & speedlimits" by @Lasse from August 11 2020)

I hope this helps to understand what happened for which reasons and why some things will not happen at all.

2 hours ago, WojtekPlay said:

For me 90km/h is too slow like, who want to drive from Poznań to London in 90km/h speed when you can go 110km/h?

Everyone who do a World of Trucks job. Not only we want, we choose to do those jobs with a 90 Km/h limit. I've done jobs longer than 2500 Km going slower than 90 Km/h all of the time. I don't believe that I'm "unique", so there must be others who do the same thing.

Black Friday Trucks = 80/95/100 km
Cost-benefit truck : 100/110 km
Luxury truck = 125/128 km

Why pay almost 300k in a truck that does not exceed 110 km ?

These speed limiters should be further elaborated taking into consideration the price of the truck.

Example: Volvo FH16 750HP vs Scania 730 HP = Scania Wins 

Scania has more acceleration, while FH16 has more final speed.

FH16 = useless, because of the 110 km limiter.

I actually want this.
We should make a server that people who want to drive like James May and Jeremy Clarkson did in that Peugeot Episode of Top Gear ("Maniacs!")

Can, But people like me Who take virtual driving a little more seriously, should have a place where I don't have to fear being turned over or having my truck totaled by some 12 year old who watched some youtuber and wants 5 mins of fame online that they can't get IRL.

Then wonder why this dude, in a Dark Metallic Rig is shouting at them, For "Damaging his cargo, or Cutting him off."

This is my 2 cent/euro/shillings.

2 hours ago, -Rodrigo Oliveira- said:

Black Friday Trucks = 80/95/100 km
Cost-benefit truck : 100/110 km
Luxury truck = 125/128 km

Why pay almost 300k in a truck that does not exceed 110 km ?

These speed limiters should be further elaborated taking into consideration the price of the truck.

Example: Volvo FH16 750HP vs Scania 730 HP = Scania Wins 

Scania has more acceleration, while FH16 has more final speed.

FH16 = useless, because of the 110 km limiter.

You obviously have no clue about trucking in Europe.

Wanted to write something more elaborate, but it's a waste of time. Just do some google research yourself.

5 hours ago, -Rodrigo Oliveira- said:

Your suggestion does not take into consideration that at present every player can tweak his/ her amount of money in the profile. Consequently, our players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds would spend as much money as possible on their truck to gain access to the highest speed limit.
The past has shown where that will end.

12 hours ago, [AUT] Spiritual said:

Did you run out of arguments?

Considering his only argument is "I want it, therefor I should be able to force it onto everybody else." he was bound to run out of arguments on page 1 already.

Nobody has given a decisive answer as to why both servers should be changed instead of just 1 server.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

To me, the argument that ETS2/ATS has a speed cap because its a "Simulator and not a racing game" is invalid. Base game do not cap your speed to these limits so why are TMP modifying the experience

TMP Use to have the option of Simulation Server and A server with a higher speed cap, people had an option to choose and then they robbed that option away from us. It's a dumb decision, It has caused different playing styles to merge and have just cause Havoc, You go for a overtake and you both cap out at 68mph, it's causing unnecessary collisions

With the addition of ProMods where there is only 1k - 1.5k on the server most of time, you barely see anyone on the road due to how large the map is, why not let us go faster? The speed cap of 93mph was fine. 

They can please both play styles however they have chosen not to and created an "terrible" solution. Arcade servers, why would you want to try around and not have collisions? Collisions happen, big deal. Majority of people are not trying to cause them but if they are not there, what is the point? Why wait in the queue, I can just go through it. 

They should've never changed from Europe 1 (Simulation) and Europe 2 (93mph Cap)

On 11/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ferynacz98765 said:

While the game is a simulation, it can't fully reflect real life.

1) No AI traffic, only players. Almost no cars, only trucks. Way easier to see on road, less traffic jams, no need for that many restrictions.

2) Game allows trucks to get such speed. Real life probably allows as well, just it's forbidden.

3) People who use highway would suffer from this. I already see highways pretty empty in normal server - at least AFAIK there is no actual congested highway crossing.

4) Overtaking is safer if done faster, therefore at higher speeds. Failure to keep a car in lane, returning to the correct lane in time, etc. - that is dependent individually.

Mind you, I am not driving 110 regularly. Most of my deliveries are "realistic" on TrucksBook - meaning under 100 kph. So I usually drive below 90, but some of the areas let me drive 97 normally - and I will not need to relly on downhill road, etc. to reach this speed. But as I said, highways are actually safe even at 140 kph.

The issues are coming from drivers behind the trucks, where truck #1 doing 80 is overtaken by truck #2 going 85, and the truck #1 accelerates to 84 during that time.

Well, truck #1 can still overtake, but slow.

Now, to the '2)' Game allows trucks to get such speed, Real life only allows you when you're downhill. There's no practical way to remove the speed limiter on a new European truck. It's either expensive af or impossible. You can remove the speed limiter on old trucks IRL using a magnet. But you will not be able to see your speed.

8 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

To me, the argument that ETS2/ATS has a speed cap because its a "Simulator and not a racing game" is invalid. Base game do not cap your speed to these limits so why are TMP modifying the experience

As a matter of fact, multiplayer is a third-party modification of the base game.

It is solely up to the TruckersMP team to decide which options they enable in their modification.

Not everything that the base game offers is possible in multiplayer, which can be for technical reasons, safety reasons or others.

The present server setups with their respective speed limits have been decided by the TruckersMP team in the course of the changeover to "Road To Simulation", which is a mean to improve our all game experience.

If you see room however for improvement of the TruckersMP multiplayer, you can do so by submitting a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forums.

9 hours ago, InsaneCallum said:

Arcade servers, why would you want to try around and not have collisions? Collisions happen, big deal. Majority of people are not trying to cause them but if they are not there, what is the point? Why wait in the queue, I can just go through it. 

Everything you ask for already exists. Enabled collisions on the simulations servers and higher speed limit on the arcade servers. Just pick one and enjoy what is offered for free to you!

Last but not least, always remember that it is a privilege, not a right, to use the TruckersMP multiplayer.

Archived