bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

14 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Your suggestion has already been put into practice.

TruckersMP provides a simulation server with a speed limit and an arcade server without a speed limit.

Arcade isn't comparable to the other servers because it's NCZ. What makes online fun is the collision zone.

Give us a server with a limit and give us a server without a limit. Problem solved.

But don't be sad when the population goes back to this: https://prnt.sc/vfkske (Thanks Silver_xD for screenshot)

People dislike the speedlimit. So please don't reduce it on both servers.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Arcade isn't comparable to the other servers because it's NCZ. What makes online fun is the collision zone.

Give us a server with a limit and give us a server without a limit. Problem solved.

But don't be sad when the population goes back to this: https://prnt.sc/vfkske (Thanks Silver_xD for screenshot)

People dislike the speedlimit. So please don't reduce it on both servers.

You expose yourself to great suffering if you continue to want what you do not have and do not want what you have.
Revealing the true reason of your desire ("what makes online fun is the collision zone") combined with a no speed limit server gives the impression that you are a potential reckless driver.
As you might remember, reckless driving players in turn were the key reason for the TruckersMP team to introduce a reduced speed limit.

If you now put two and two together, you will hopefully understand and come to the conclusion that the TruckersMP team can not bring back a server without a speed limit and with collisions enabled, as this would simply go against everything they worked on to make this multiplayer what it is today - an enjoyable experience.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

You expose yourself to great suffering if you continue to want what you do not have and do not want what you have.
Revealing the true reason of your desire ("what makes online fun is the collision zone") combined with a no speed limit server gives the impression that you are a potential reckless driver.
As you might remember, reckless driving players in turn were the key reason for the TruckersMP team to introduce a reduced speed limit.

If you now put two and two together, you will hopefully understand and come to the conclusion that the TruckersMP team can not bring back a server without a speed limit and with collisions enabled, as this would simply go against everything they worked on to make this multiplayer what it is today - an enjoyable experience.

Wanting collision has nothing to do with wanting to ram people, lol. That's just a random assumption you're making.

But like I've said numerous times. Give us a server without speedlimit.

And you guys can have a server capped to 90 and that has NCZ.

Both parties would be happy. Why advocate for both servers to be capped?

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

The TruckersMP community is filled with players that are used to drive max speed and drive recklessly as they watched youtube videos where youtubers do the same. This kept going and now you are unable to fix this issue now, everyone is used to driving the max speed and drive as recklessly as possible.

Noone wants to be speed locked, noone wants to have no collision everywhere. The speed limiter is bad for car drivers as they are locked at 110 and can't go any faster than that on highways. The speed limitation is only here because players can't seem to understand to drive properly and at least not violate speed.

I think abiding the speed limit should be in the rules aswell, if it would be possible to automatically detect speeding then use autokicks. (Such as detecting a truck driving 110 km/h for a long period of time)

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Wanting collision has nothing to do with wanting to ram people,

Try to read and understand in context. Otherwise it does not make much sense to me to try having a serious discussion with you.

You are asking for a server without a speed limit and with collisions enabled.

The combination of these were the base of numerous rule violations caused by reckless driving players in the past.

Why do you need both?

Give us a server without speedlimit.

In my previous post I gave you an explanation why this is unlikely to happen. You are off course free to create a new suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum.

Why advocate for both servers to be capped?

If you ask me, I advocate for mutual consideration and respect.

I am fine with the server configuration we have at present:

A server with a speed limit that still is way over the typical travel speed of trucks and enabled collisions, and a server without a speed limit and disabled collisions.

Pick one and enjoy.

3 hours ago, Granite said:

This person just won't stop twisting your arguments and picking whatever fits his view of the problem out of context. It's kind of funny but seriously, arguing with this person is just futile.

I am arguing from a perspective based on facts. You guys are clearly not. Just look at this https://prnt.sc/vfkske

EU2 was always the most popular server. It's obvious that people dislike speedlimits. So why advocate to reduce the speedlimit even more? And why advocate it on both servers? It makes no sense if the playerbase doesn't want it. End of the story.

59 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Try to read and understand in context. Otherwise it does not make much sense to me to try having a serious discussion with you.

You are asking for a server without a speed limit and with collisions enabled.

The combination of these were the base of numerous rule violations caused by reckless driving players in the past.

Why do you need both?

In my previous post I gave you an explanation why this is unlikely to happen. You are off course free to create a new suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum.

If you ask me, I advocate for mutual consideration and respect.

I am fine with the server configuration we have at present:

A server with a speed limit that still is way over the typical travel speed of trucks and enabled collisions, and a server without a speed limit and disabled collisions.

Pick one and enjoy.

Well for you i'll guess I can just pull some uno reverse card or something.

Try reading my posts with context. Don't twist my words to fit your narrative, and all that.

In my previous posts I have already proven why reducing the speedlimit is a bad idea.

As far as violations go, you can report them. People like collision and sharing the road with reckless drivers because that's what makes the experience so much fun. That's why C-D is fun for content creators like Darwin.

And it's what makes the Kirkenes quarry road so much fun on promods because it gives you an actual challenge.

I'm fine with how the servers are right now. Same as you. What i'm not fine with however is reducing the speedlimit even more. There is no reason to believe that it's a good idea.

And if you do want a reduction in speed then it should be on only one server.

Kind regards,

partyaap

13 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

I am arguing from a perspective based on facts. You guys are clearly not. Just look at this https://prnt.sc/vfkske

EU2 was always the most popular server. It's obvious that people dislike speedlimits. So why advocate to reduce the speedlimit even more? And why advocate it on both servers? It makes no sense if the playerbase doesn't want it. End of the story.

Well for you i'll guess I can just pull some uno reverse card or something.

Try reading my posts with context. Don't twist my words to fit your narrative, and all that.

In my previous posts I have already proven why reducing the speedlimit is a bad idea.

As far as violations go, you can report them. People like collision and sharing the road with reckless drivers because that's what makes the experience so much fun. That's why C-D is fun for content creators like Darwin.

And it's what makes the Kirkenes quarry road so much fun on promods because it gives you an actual challenge.

I'm fine with how the servers are right now. Same as you. What i'm not fine with however is reducing the speedlimit even more. There is no reason to believe that it's a good idea.

And if you do want a reduction in speed then it should be on only one server.

you sound like a toddler who dont get the candy you want... 

the largest part of players DONT like collisions , dont want to deal with those who are up for chaos and havoc on purpose (and try to twist their neck to do so)   

why do you still advocate for Imature Daiperheads  ?? knowing they are not good for you nor anyone else ?? 

19 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Sadly, this is not the end of the story.
Because some players will not get tired to continue asking to raise the speed limit or even to lift the speed limit.

Do yourself a favor and browse the forums for exactly this topic. You will find literally c o u n t l e s s   discussions and suggestions about it.

20 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

The screenshot you provided in your previous does not prove at all that players do not like the speed limit.
If that would be true, the arcade server would be packed right now. But it is as good as empty. And why is that?

Because these kind of players not only want to drive fast but also and always want to have it combined with enabled collisions. They need the thrill of the possibility to have an accident.

Forgive me the off-topic, but...

players that promote TruckersMP with "idiots on the road" footage and the like usually find their content usually in highly populated areas - Duisburg, Calais, the road between it, you name it.

These players completely fail to realize that they promote TruckersMP as a chaotic and reckless place, which in return attracts trolls and more reckless behaving players.
On a personal note, I find it not challenging at all to drive back and forth the same road over and over again, especially not when reckless driving players repetitive put my truck and cargo in jeopardy.

Thankfully, TruckersMP is way more more than Calais, Duisburg and Kirkenes.

51 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Because some players will not get tired to continue asking to raise the speed limit or even to lift the speed limit.

Do yourself a favor and browse the forums for exactly this topic. You will find literally c o u n t l e s s   discussions and suggestions about it.

The screenshot you provided in your previous does not prove at all that players do not like the speed limit.
If that would be true, the arcade server would be packed right now. But it is as good as empty. And why is that?

Because these kind of players not only want to drive fast but also and always want to have it combined with enabled collisions. They need the thrill of the possibility to have an accident.

players that promote TruckersMP with "idiots on the road" footage and the like usually find their content usually in highly populated areas - Duisburg, Calais, the road between it, you name it.

These players completely fail to realize that they promote TruckersMP as a chaotic and reckless place, which in return attracts trolls and more reckless behaving players.
On a personal note, I find it not challenging at all to drive back and forth the same road over and over again, especially not when reckless driving players repetitive put my truck and cargo in jeopardy.

Why is nobody ever replying to my solution? One server with speedlimit. One server without speedlimit.

Why are you against this idea? Why must both servers conform to your needs?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Why is nobody ever replying to my solution? One server with speedlimit. One server without speedlimit.

Why are you against this idea? Why must both servers conform to your needs?

@StateCA (NL),

do you care to explain further and in detail how your solution differs from what you are provided with at present:

1. One server with speed limit = simulation server
  2. One server without speed limit = arcade server

At the End, ETS2 and ATS are not  Hardcore Truck Simulations but they are giving a really good Hint, what Truck Driving means!

And Truck Driving is not going with +150 kph and 40 Tons from A to B!

TruckersMP clearly said that they set their Focus on the Simulation Part of the Games and the most Players enjoying this decision. Unfortunately, those Players do barely read the Forum and either the most of them didn´t  following Discussions like this One. Which means that Players who are not Happy with the actual Speed Limits and Rules "crying" louder than the regular Players!

Like in all Multiplayer Games! ?

The Fact is, TruckersMP is the Hoster so TruckersMP set the Rules and we as the Guests have to accept and obey the Rules! We can make Suggestions as usual, but to be honest, Discussions like this One are never ending and spinning round and round and round........! 

The best Solution would be a Player Profile with Serverside saved Progress by TruckersMP!  You starting with a 310hp IVECO and as more Experience you get, you can buy "better" Trucks! When you are One of the Players who enjoying it to drive Faster than your Brain can handle and you having a Accident with +150 kph, you are died and all your Progress is lost! Then you can start again with a 310hp IVECO and rock da House! :D

I guess it wouldn´t take long and many Players would be more carefull on the Road! ;)

16 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@StateCA (NL),

do you care to explain further and in detail how your solution differs from what you are provided with at present:

1. One server with speed limit = simulation server
  2. One server without speed limit = arcade server

Arcade is NCZ. That's boring because it can't create traffic jams in populated areas.

And again. Why do you keep bringing up Arcade? It's a discussion about speed, not NCZ. So why is a NCZ server comparable to the subject at hand?

Furthermore, the TMP road rules do not apply on the Arcade server, yet another reason why I do not think the server is comparable to the simulation server.

Anyway. Why wouldn't you be happy with a 90KPH server and a limitless server? Or 90KPH and 110KPH. Considering I do understand that TMP doesn't want to increase it any further because of the reports.

Kind regards,

partyaap

On 11/9/2020 at 8:37 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Amen Brother 

@StateCA (NL),

On 11/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

We get a collision zone server without a speedlimit.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:05 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

On 11/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

Wanting collision has nothing to do with wanting to ram people, lol.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

But like I've said numerous times. Give us a server without speedlimit.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

People like collision and sharing the road with reckless drivers because that's what makes the experience so much fun.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

I'm fine with how the servers are right now.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, StateCA (NL) said:

One server with speedlimit. One server without speedlimit.

8 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Arcade is NCZ. That's boring because it can't create traffic jams in populated areas.

8 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

It's a discussion about speed, not NCZ. So why is a NCZ server comparable to the subject at hand?

To summarize your content:

• You are fine with the present server configurations, but you continue to ask/ suggest to change it to one server with a speed limit and one server without a speed limit. (editors note: this setup exists at present.)

• You do not see a relation between collision zones and reckless driving behaviors ("wanting to ram people"), but according to your view collisions and reckless drivers "make the experience so much fun".

• In your opinion, NCZs are boring because "it can't create traffic jams" (editors note: why would you want to waste time in a traffic jam when on the other hand you want to be able to drive as fast as you want?)

• You believe this is a discussion about speed and not about NCZs, but the moment I show you that the arcade server has what you want (namely a no speed limit) you are the one bringing up the NCZ.

No offense, but I excuse myself now from this discussion.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@StateCA (NL),

• You are fine with the present server configurations, but you continue to ask/ suggest to change it to one server with a speed limit and one server without a speed limit. (editors note: this setup exists at present.)

• You do not see a relation between collision zones and reckless driving behaviors ("wanting to ram people"), but according to your view collisions and reckless drivers "make the experience so much fun".

• In your opinion, NCZs are boring because "it can't create traffic jams" (editors note: why would you want to waste time in a traffic jam when on the other hand you want to be able to drive as fast as you want?)

• You believe this is a discussion about speed and not about NCZs, but the moment I show you that the arcade server has what you want (namely a no speed limit) you are the one bringing up the NCZ.

Wow, and then i'm the one being accused of taking stuff out of context.

1. I am fine with the present server configuration, considering I am against reducing it to 90KPH. I'm only suggesting raising the limit in ONE server if the other server is going to be reduced to 90KPH. If the speedlimit isn't going to be reduced. Then I am fine with the way things are now. This is something I have very clearly stated.

2. Of course there is a relation between CZ and reckless driving. Where did I ever even remotely try to deny this relation? Just because I said that wanting collision zone has nothing to do with wanting to drive recklessly? I am not denying that collision zones can create reckless drivers. I am saying that there are other reasons (Again, as I have clearly stated) for wanting to have collision zones. Like C-D road. Or Kirkenes on promods. A collision zone creates traffic.

3. Correct. NCZ is boring because it can't create traffic. I do not see why wanting traffic is the same as never wanting to drive fast. That's a ridiculously unlogical claim you are making here, sorry. What's wrong with wanting to drive fast inbetween traffic jams on, if possible, our own dedicated server?

4. This discussion is about speed in the simulation server, yes. I thought that would be obvious. Hence why I have already stated multiple times why the simulation server isn't comparable with the arcade server. Because this is a discussion about simulation server and it's rules/speed. NOT the arcade server. The moment you brought up arcade for the 50th time I had to explain to you in detail why the arcade server isn't relevant to the argument at hand. (The road rules and the effects of NCZ). Your point here would make sense if the post wasn't specifically about reducing the speedcap "in sim1"

Did this clear things up for you?

I respect your attempt in trying to point out any hypocracy in my argument. But if you'd actually took the time to read what I say instead of rudely putting words in my mouth, you'd realize that I am trying to make a perfectly reasonable argument here: keep the servers as they are. Or only reduce the speedcap in one server.

And considering you believe that the majority of players aren't here for speed but for realism, you shouldn't be afraid at all to play in a dead server. Why on earth are you against having 2 servers? You have the most popular server with super realism, and we can have the other server that is more dedicated to fun. And we will deal with the reckless driving trolls.

And if NCZ truly doesn't matter as you say we can even make the 90KPH server into a NCZ server, if that pleases you. Perfectly protected from the trolls.

But you wont accept those terms. You know very well that the moment TMP gives us two servers, everybody will play on the server with the fastest speedlimit. That's why everybody is so deadset on reducing it in both servers. Because you know that's the only way this idea will work in keeping any 90KPH server populated.

It's so obvious.

Kind regards,

partyaap

I drive with the 90kmh limiter on but i dont see a reason to change the 110 maximum. The times i get involved in accidents arent caused from driving 110. Most of the times they are intentionally caused or by bad driving. And by bad driving i mean a 3 lane highway isnt enough room to go forwards sometimes. Just today someone tried a quick 90 degree turn doing 60kmh in a city intersection and hit the front of my truck.

As far as i could care, the 110 is fine for me. Those who want to race can drive 110 past me all day long. Having a 90kmh cap on the server would solve that much. It wont fix bad drivers and it wont fix trolls.

And in the end we have a community and we all have to have a golden line that works for everyone. If we wanted a server with a certain set of rules, we would need as many servers as there are players. 

15 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@StateCA (NL),

Also I do want to apologize for my behaviour in this thread. I haven't really been professional or kind. I had a bad week, but that is not your fault and I shouldn't let it out on you. I hope you can forgive me for that and that we can depart from this discussion as people who both like TMP.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Hello everybody,

In the past I could still remember a few things when you could still drive 150 km / h on the Europa 1 server and that showed that a lot of people cannot handle this speed. Let's face it, it's still a simulator to have fun with. Many people sacrifice their free time every day for this beautiful project and work hard for it. It's still a Euro Truck Simulator and not a Formula 1 game. Nor do I want to keep reporting about reckless driving. When people want to drive fast, they prefer to engage in racing games. I would also like to add that there is already a server that you can do whatever you want on. I would still advocate a permanent limit from 90 to 95 km/ h., since the trucks do not travel 150 km / h in real life either. I still admire the team's courage to take their time every day to program new things for us as a community or to bring new game features into play. I really respect these people, and so should they. 

so i downgraded the client to get back online after 3 months of singleplayer and countless nights struggle with my own company ....

i took all the thight spots at the D-C route with 90km/h and i have to say its the best protection imaginable.   

form my garage to Calais and back without a scratch  without a bump ... 

the only thing i noticed .... the connection to the server is absolute garbage.  constant 40 ping but the radio streams didnt work most of the time.  

seems like Sim 1 is running on a Potato server lately...   

On 10/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, seth_haveron said:

1890134648_ets2_20191209_152301_00(2).png.4e33f6e9feb034bb1283832b417108cf.png

how is that one unsuitable ???       

you see Ahmed schachbrett driving on the wrong side of the autobahn  with the signs that says wrong way closed to enter  and the regular traffic in the direction it suppose to be. 

it is hard up to impossible to set up screenshots to give a wrong impression buddy   

What would this image tell us? That he was driving the wrong way? Or perhaps he was rammed like that and about to F7 to service station.

A screenshot is just 1 frame without any context at all. A video can be thousands of frames with all the context in the world. That's the difference....

Kind regards,

partyaap

4 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

What would this image tell us? That he was driving the wrong way? Or perhaps he was rammed like that and about to F7 to service station.

A screenshot is just 1 frame without any context at all. A video can be thousands of frames with all the context in the world. That's the difference....

exactly... agree..... i personally have been in this situation - i was rammed, flew up in the air and landed right across the motorway blocking all lanes - it took about 10 seconds from pressing f7 to actually teleporting to the garage. in that time anyone could screenshot me and claim i'm blocking the road on purpose - a video would prove otherwise.

Archived