bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

5 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

So what's the game plan then? Bring back a server with a speedlimit? And then nobody plays on that server exactly like back in the day?

But there are already servers with a speed limit... And "the majority of the playerbase" are using exclusively those... It's the no speed limits server the one that no one uses.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Try overtaking on c-d road. Max you can go is 90. Person you are overtaking is doing 80. You simply can't overtake with much ease. You have to wait for massive gaps. Or you are just stuck behind the guy going 80.

I strongly advise against overtaking on the infamous road between Duisburg and Calais. It will sooner or later end in an accident.
Instead I suggest to follow local speed limits (here: 50 kph, 60 kph and/ or 80 kph) and show some mutual consideration. The latter is key for a safe road traffic environment.

18 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I strongly advise against overtaking on the infamous road between Duisburg and Calais. It will sooner or later end in an accident.
Instead I suggest to follow local speed limits (here: 50 kph, 60 kph and/ or 80 kph) and show some mutual consideration. The latter is key for a safe road traffic environment.

Seriously, gas to the floor all the way untill they crash, reckless overtaking, and hacked (money + zero weight) saves , is the sole purpose why most of the kids even play this game, and after they get banned for good, they already have plenty of extra steam accounts with extra coppies purchased during sales.

If it was up to me, I would do couple more edits than minor changes done by TMP, put barriers in the middle with gaps only in junctions  plus add couple of roundabouts where they fit, there, problem solved.

For ilustration only (this is actually construction site of dual lane motorway near Nantes):

92D229E3C9A512C32F23892E712C49DD151CCE75

11 hours ago, Granite said:

Seriously, gas to the floor all the way untill they crash, reckless overtaking, and hacked (money + zero weight) saves , is the sole purpose why most of the kids even play this game, and after they get banned for good, they already have plenty of extra steam accounts with extra coppies purchased during sales.

If it was up to me, I would do couple more edits than minor changes done by TMP, put barriers in the middle with gaps only in junctions  plus add couple of roundabouts where they fit, there, problem solved.

For ilustration only (this is actually construction site of dual lane motorway near Nantes):

92D229E3C9A512C32F23892E712C49DD151CCE75

hehe i like this part of it.  you litterly see them sweat trying to keep a straight line becouse they are used to sway left and right like a drunken seeman .... 

on the other hand if its worth enogh to permaban someone its most likely also a IP or ID ban .. so you would need a other provider or a new PC to get started again.  

and jes this cheesing with the saves suppose to be restricted to a human level again...   if you watch close enogh you get to see tons of bad edits at hotspots used by these underaged Scania cheerleaders.   

21 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

But there are already servers with a speed limit... And "the majority of the playerbase" are using exclusively those... It's the no speed limits server the one that no one uses.

No that's not true, lol. Arcade is simply not the same as a normal server. You can't compare the two.

People never played on the server with a speedlimit. And now they merged the servers, lowered the speed limit significantly and you people still aren't happy.

Have you never learned to compromise in your life? 110 is fine. Stop trying to conform this game to the needs of the minority.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

22 hours ago, Granite said:

I like a challenge every now and then. ?

But to install a road construction on the route between Duisburg and Calais may be too much asked of the majority of players that hang around in that area.

Truth be told, everybody can drive fast. But to think that one can drive safely fast is an illusion created by over-estimation of one's abilities and driving skills. I for one find it more challenging to park my trailer in a difficult spot or to perfect my ability of a standard 45 degree backing.

Probably nothing of what these kind of players have ever heard of before nor they would be ever interested in...but hey, to all you guys out there that feel challenged now - proof me that I am wrong!  ?

highways must be exempt from the speed limit or have a speed limit according to the signs (that is, if the sign shows a limit of 110, then the speed must be the same). I just think that if there are restrictions as on the signs it will be much more realistic and then you show that on the highway the limit is 120 and you are driving 90

@StateCA (NL) What is not true in what I wrote? Are there speed limited servers or not? Are people using them massively or not? Are the no-speed limit servers 99% empty or not? You may like facts or not, but don't call me a liar.

@Elynit Those signs you see are meant for cars, not for trucks. And in MP, every vehicle you can drive is a truck. Even the Scout. It looks like a car, but it's nothing other than a modified truck. And if they set restrictions as on the signs (the truck's limit signs, which can be seen when you enter every country), most people would riot. Imagine those NFS kids having to go 60 Km/h on 50% of the C-D road? 50 Km/h inside every cities, even slower in some of them? 80 Km/h on most European highways? TBH, I'd love that, but I know that it won't happen. And it could. TMP already made it so the highways that go through city limit areas are no longer restricted at 60 Km/h but at the posted speed limit. They could probably do the same thing to all of the map and make speed limits be the same as the posted ones on every roads.

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@StateCA (NL) What is not true in what I wrote? Are there speed limited servers or not? Are people using them massively or not? Are the no-speed limit servers 99% empty or not? You may like facts or not, but don't call me a liar.

@Elynit Those signs you see are meant for cars, not for trucks. And in MP, every vehicle you can drive is a truck. Even the Scout. It looks like a car, but it's nothing other than a modified truck. And if they set restrictions as on the signs (the truck's limit signs, which can be seen when you enter every country), most people would riot. Imagine those NFS kids having to go 60 Km/h on 50% of the C-D road? 50 Km/h inside every cities, even slower in some of them? 80 Km/h on most European highways? TBH, I'd love that, but I know that it won't happen. And it could. TMP already made it so the highways that go through city limit areas are no longer restricted at 60 Km/h but at the posted speed limit. They could probably do the same thing to all of the map and make speed limits be the same as the posted ones on every roads.

Bro stop comparing Arcade to the other servers. You and I both know it's completely different, haha. Don't try to act otherwise just so that it suits your argument. Arcade is not comparable to the normal servers.

Remember when EU1 had no speed limit and EU2 did have a speed limit? Remember when EU1 always had a queue and EU2 had 800 players on a good day?

I'm fine with bringing back a server with a speedlimit. As long as they make the other server limitless. See who will cry the first about a dead server.

I am done with this speedlimit argument. It's always a loop. It was never balanced in the past and I do not see a reason why it would be balanced today.

The 800 EU2 people are trying to conform TMP to their needs and wants and don't want to compromise with the thousands of EU1 players. It's selfish. 110 is fine and both parties should agree with this compromise. The servers are flourishing. Millions of registered users. Stop trying to scare people away, please.

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Bro, stop telling me what I compare or not. Because I didn't compare anything. Can you even read? I'm stating FACTS, there is THIS, there is THAT, THIS has speed limits, people use THIS, THAT has no speed limits, people don't use THAT. This and that are not the same? Of course they aren't. Can they be compared? Of course they can. Different options for different players. FACT is, lots of players are using the speed limited option only because in the non-speed limited one they can't crash other players.

Do I remember what? EU#1 never was "no speed limit". It was 90 Km/h limited. And then TMP opened EU#2 without speed limits because people were asking for more speed. But they made it non-collisions, like the Arcade servers now. And that's why almost no one wanted to use it. Later, they enabled collisions in EU#2. That's when it went up in the players count. And the number of "accidents" and reports went off the charts. And that's why TMP had to set speed limits and Road to Simulation happened.

I am done too, it's a loop because the arguments against the speed limits are always the same ones and always senseless. It's only "I want speed, I don't give a **** if that makes MP into a complete havoc for everyone else".

On 10/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, Guest [VLC Transport]Sbinotto07 said:

90 km/h limit makes overtaking impossible i think.

IRL Trucks, at least in Europe, are limited to 90kmh, so you can't overtake either and I don't hear anyone having issues with that. Also, If it's called Euro Truck *SIMULATOR* and the server is Called *SIMULATION* too, I think it should be a simulation.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Do I remember what? EU#1 never was "no speed limit". It was 90 Km/h limited. And then TMP opened EU#2 without speed limits because people were asking for more speed. But they made it non-collisions, like the Arcade servers now. And that's why almost no one wanted to use it. Later, they enabled collisions in EU#2. That's when it went up in the players count. And the number of "accidents" and reports went off the charts. And that's why TMP had to set speed limits and Road to Simulation happened.

Finally, this is what I remember, form my first multiplayer session back in 2015 - logged on EU#2, which was without speed limit, because EU#1 was hopelessly full with a long queue, didn't notice no-collisions thingy cause I didn't meet a soul, so I didn't like that. EU#1  was definitely speed limited at the time, though I don't know if 90km/h or 110km/h, but it was definitely raised to 110km/m very shortly after I have joined, cause I remember people still passing me noticably faster while I was doing 90km/h. Much later, EU#2 received speed limit of 150km/h (laughable) in an attempt to fix the situation going out of hand, then finally Road to simulation happened.

So there wasn't server limited to 90km/h for about past 5 years, and there isn't one now, also. almost everoyne magically forgets that servers in the past were much smaller, after a long time only EU#2 was upgraded to 4000+ slots, and was the only largest server for a long time. But facts won't stop these speed kids spreading their own truth and pull numbers seemingly out of a hat, because they are majority, or so they believe, but where they ar even getting that, is there some secret survey and statistics I should be checing out?

So far, the players that ask for a higher speed limit failed to provide reasonable grounds for their concern, especially in light of the fact that the arcade server already meets their demand.

To put the argument forward that the arcade server does not have collisions enabled has the unsavoury aftertaste that their true intention is that of reckless driving.

While the game is a simulation, it can't fully reflect real life.

1) No AI traffic, only players. Almost no cars, only trucks. Way easier to see on road, less traffic jams, no need for that many restrictions.

2) Game allows trucks to get such speed. Real life probably allows as well, just it's forbidden.

3) People who use highway would suffer from this. I already see highways pretty empty in normal server - at least AFAIK there is no actual congested highway crossing.

4) Overtaking is safer if done faster, therefore at higher speeds. Failure to keep a car in lane, returning to the correct lane in time, etc. - that is dependent individually.

Mind you, I am not driving 110 regularly. Most of my deliveries are "realistic" on TrucksBook - meaning under 100 kph. So I usually drive below 90, but some of the areas let me drive 97 normally - and I will not need to relly on downhill road, etc. to reach this speed. But as I said, highways are actually safe even at 140 kph.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:59 PM, rtkpXX said:

IRL Trucks, at least in Europe, are limited to 90kmh, so you can't overtake either and I don't hear anyone having issues with that. Also, If it's called Euro Truck *SIMULATOR* and the server is Called *SIMULATION* too, I think it should be a simulation.

The issues are coming from drivers behind the trucks, where truck #1 doing 80 is overtaken by truck #2 going 85, and the truck #1 accelerates to 84 during that time.

How about just adding a speedlimit to the C-D road? Like they do when you enter a city.. Just to make the majority of people more spread around. Because for the ''trolls'' it might not be enjoyable to drive on that road if there's an imposed speed limit.

I do enjoy taking that road, because you get some kind of interaction with others that do enjoy the game for simulation purposes, not to block and ram. But i do have to say, the trolling/ramming has decreased over the years, i do feel like there are not enough admins on to take care of all the reports going around at times, especially during ''rush'' hour.

This is supposed to be a simulation game, not a truck racing game. 

like in real life 80 and a maximum of 90.  Do you want to drive faster? Then please play a speed game 

but no ETS / ATS please.  My personal opinion

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

On 10/31/2020 at 1:11 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Bro, stop telling me what I compare or not. Because I didn't compare anything. Can you even read? I'm stating FACTS, there is THIS, there is THAT, THIS has speed limits, people use THIS, THAT has no speed limits, people don't use THAT. This and that are not the same? Of course they aren't. Can they be compared? Of course they can. Different options for different players. FACT is, lots of players are using the speed limited option only because in the non-speed limited one they can't crash other players.

I am done too, it's a loop because the arguments against the speed limits are always the same ones and always senseless. It's only "I want speed, I don't give a **** if that makes MP into a complete havoc for everyone else".

"Later, they enabled collisions in EU#2. That's when it went up in the players count."

Exactly. This right here. Thank you for finally agreeing with me.

Players do not want a speed-limit. If they did, they would've stayed on the limited server. So why are you arguing as if reducing speed-limit even more is something that people want? After you have already acknowledged that this is NOT the case.

Kind regards,

partyaap

On 10/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, Granite said:

Finally, this is what I remember, form my first multiplayer session back in 2015 - logged on EU#2, which was without speed limit, because EU#1 was hopelessly full with a long queue, didn't notice no-collisions thingy cause I didn't meet a soul, so I didn't like that. EU#1  was definitely speed limited at the time, though I don't know if 90km/h or 110km/h, but it was definitely raised to 110km/m very shortly after I have joined, cause I remember people still passing me noticably faster while I was doing 90km/h. Much later, EU#2 received speed limit of 150km/h (laughable) in an attempt to fix the situation going out of hand, then finally Road to simulation happened.

So there wasn't server limited to 90km/h for about past 5 years, and there isn't one now, also. almost everoyne magically forgets that servers in the past were much smaller, after a long time only EU#2 was upgraded to 4000+ slots, and was the only largest server for a long time. But facts won't stop these speed kids spreading their own truth and pull numbers seemingly out of a hat, because they are majority, or so they believe, but where they ar even getting that, is there some secret survey and statistics I should be checing out?

If we are not the majority then please explain why the no speed-limit server was always more populated than the limited server. :)

If there is more of you. Then why couldn't you populate your own server? :)

Kind regards,

partyaap

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

f there is more of you. Then why couldn't you populate your own server? :)

Would you kindly stop responding to me with your nonsense? You force me to be rude,  so I will write very slowly and use bold huge letters:

"WE" DO NOT HAVE OUR OWN SERVER to populate, both "SIM" servers are identical, and it so happens BOTH "SIM" SERVERS HAVE SPEED LIMITER .

WHY DON'T "YOU" POPULATE YOUR OWN SERVER, WHITHOUT ANY SPEED LIMITER, THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU, IF THERE IS SO FRIGGIN MANY OF YOU.

And before you argue, yes I have tried SIM2 server, there's just as many idiots at every corner, it makes no difference. Why do I see so many people on SIM1 driving only 90km/h, why don't they log into SIM2 instead? Figure it out, Sherlock.

Also now, while TMP is incompatible with the latest version, don't try to compare numbers, many of "Us", including me, are playing singleplayer, if we want to do WoT jobs and enjoy new features.

4 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

"Later, they enabled collisions in EU#2. That's when it went up in the players count."

Exactly. This right here. Thank you for finally agreeing with me.

Players do not want a speed-limit. If they did, they would've stayed on the limited server. So why are you arguing as if reducing speed-limit even more is something that people want? After you have already acknowledged that this is NOT the case.

Just to add some FACTS... And to show my surprise, because I didn't agree with you. Taking one sentence out of context to make it look like that, pathetic. And a failure, once again, since I don't even mention speeds in that sentence.

Now the facts, in more detail than before:

EU#1 did have speed limits. EU#2 didn't. EU#1 was full, EU#2 wasn't. EU#2 was made collisions enabled. Still, EU#1 had more players. Scout car was released, but only in EU#2. GTA and NFS kids came swarming and started filling EU#2. EU#2 was made bigger than EU#1. That's when EU#2 started having more players than EU#1. Obviously. EU#2 became your dream server, no speed limits, collisions. It also became TruckersMP staff's nightmare. So they placed the 150 Km/h speed limit. Clearly it wasn't enough. So they switched to "Road to Simulation". Simulation servers with 110 Km/h speed limits and Arcade servers without speed limits. And once again, speed seems to be only secondary for "players". Because if it were the main concern... Arcade servers would be full. Obviously.

I don't even know why I bother. No matter how obvious it was back then or how obvious it is currently, you won't see it. Or if you do, you won't admit it. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SPEED. IT'S ABOUT THE CRASHES.

3 hours ago, Granite said:

Would you kindly stop responding to me with your nonsense? You force me to be rude,  so I will write very slowly and use bold huge letters:

"WE" DO NOT HAVE OUR OWN SERVER to populate, both "SIM" servers are identical, and it so happens BOTH "SIM" SERVERS HAVE SPEED LIMITER .

WHY DON'T "YOU" POPULATE YOUR OWN SERVER, WHITHOUT ANY SPEED LIMITER, THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU, IF THERE IS SO FRIGGIN MANY OF YOU.

And before you argue, yes I have tried SIM2 server, there's just as many idiots at every corner, it makes no difference. Why do I see so many people on SIM1 driving only 90km/h, why don't they log into SIM2 instead? Figure it out, Sherlock.

Also now, while TMP is incompatible with the latest version, don't try to compare numbers, many of "Us", including me, are playing singleplayer, if we want to do WoT jobs and enjoy new features.

I am confused. You had your own server. And we had a server without a limit. And our server without a limit was by far the most populated server back then. A statistical improbabiliy, if we are the minority.

But i'm open for ideas. We get a collision zone server without a speedlimit.

And you get a NCZ server that is limited to 90kph. Realistic and save, because the trolls can't get to you. Perfect solution.

Kind regards,

partyaap

21 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Just to add some FACTS... And to show my surprise, because I didn't agree with you. Taking one sentence out of context to make it look like that, pathetic. And a failure, once again, since I don't even mention speeds in that sentence.

Now the facts, in more detail than before:

EU#1 did have speed limits. EU#2 didn't. EU#1 was full, EU#2 wasn't. EU#2 was made collisions enabled. Still, EU#1 had more players. Scout car was released, but only in EU#2. GTA and NFS kids came swarming and started filling EU#2. EU#2 was made bigger than EU#1. That's when EU#2 started having more players than EU#1. Obviously. EU#2 became your dream server, no speed limits, collisions. It also became TruckersMP staff's nightmare. So they placed the 150 Km/h speed limit. Clearly it wasn't enough. So they switched to "Road to Simulation". Simulation servers with 110 Km/h speed limits and Arcade servers without speed limits. And once again, speed seems to be only secondary for "players". Because if it were the main concern... Arcade servers would be full. Obviously.

I don't even know why I bother. No matter how obvious it was back then or how obvious it is currently, you won't see it. Or if you do, you won't admit it. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SPEED. IT'S ABOUT THE CRASHES.

But this is just a blatant lie. EU2 without a speedlimit was more populated. Way before they added Skoda. Way before they reduced it to 150.

We should have 2 servers. One without a limit, and one that is limited to 90kph. If you want the 90kph server can even be NCZ so you are safe from other people.

If you don't want that. Then the servers should stick to 110.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Archived