bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

15 hours ago, คzzยгค said:

your arguments are not valid why limit the speed because of the trolls even if the speed is limited to 30km / h it will not prevent the trolls from hitting people
Moreover if the server is so popular it is thanks to this flexible speed of memory when there was a server at 110 km / h and another at 150 km / h, the server at 110 km / h was practically empty
If you want to take away this freedom of speed from the players you will kill the game and find yourself alone with no time for anyone to hear your crying.

thers a arcade server with no limits ... and its empty 24/7 ...  15 player a day max ...     so according to your logic this server should be a paradise for GTA Potatos ..... but its not ...hmm...

trolls and "Idiots on the road" kill this game not a reasonable speed.   

TMP already got a negative reputation for beeing a hotspot for trolls and Idiots thanks to that media. 

if a speedlimit is a legit way to get rid of them ..... so be it.....         

for every troll that left , two resonable player who want to enjoy a Simulator game will join...   it might be even players who had doubts before.   

chinese pingtrolls  and crashkids keep this mod and the playerbase form growing.  add the foul media that shows a false image to it and the opinion is done.   a opinion agains TMP and at its expense. 

so again what do you want to tell me ?? 

trying to do the right thing is wrong ??   

what would happen if everyone gets to drive at 90 ??   Nothing .... Nothing would happen ....  ppl would get used to it ...   what they should do else ??   TMP is right now the only platform that offers what these ppl looking for. 

and this will stay that way for many years to come...    the other bubbles are popped , done and dusted right at the start.... or not even...   

so if you want to drive with youre friends .... you would have to go 90 ... if you want or not ...  so do everyone else....  

you want to speed that urgend ??  there are a arcade server for it ... 

and all these mimimi i leave TMP for reason XY ..... are still here , still mimimi about it in the steam forum how bad and brutal TMP is ..... 

so what was your argument again ??   ppl leave because of a speed limit ?? they dont....   ppl change the server ??  highly unlikely......     

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is a speed limit of 90 kmh, you need at least 150 metres to overtake a truck going 80 kmh. The truck doesn't have to purposefully drive slow, it might be maximum safe due to heavy load and stability.

Also the game is safer than in real life (which allows for higher speed limit) - even if we ignore the quicksave/quickload, you have lower traffic density, vehicles being displayed on minimap, customized stability... which allows for increasing the speed limit.

And finally - as usual - the speed limit is only one of the limitations. There would be almost no need for it if everyone was driving accordingly to the terrain, traffic and was able to stop in front of a static object.

4 hours ago, Ferynacz98765 said:

Also the game is safer than in real life (which allows for higher speed limit) - even if we ignore the quicksave/quickload, you have lower traffic density, vehicles being displayed on minimap, customized stability... which allows for increasing the speed limit.

Why not standardize settings for "simulation server" - force low stability, speed limit, no map dots for players, only friends showing up (trolls only exploit that as radar for new targets). When trolls and bad drivers are rolling over in the ditch, better for serious players.

Second server could be just renamed to "freeroam server" and left as it is.

That was my suggestion, which would not change status quo for speeders, except there would be some choice (arcade server is not the choice for almost anyone obviously) istead of 2 identical servers we have now, and we would see if some players will start to migrate or not.

You can tow 5 trailers at about 130km/h (and the trucks are much more stable), with collisions in ATS, but almost nobody plays that. Guess if they learn that, those small ATS servers are going to get fried from massive influx of players.

5 hours ago, Ferynacz98765 said:

There would be almost no need for it if everyone was driving accordingly to the terrain, traffic and was able to stop in front of a static object. 

If only, but unfortunatelly, barely anyone does that, since they can exploit freedom, they are given (not to mention certain savegame "edits" that shouldn't have been allowed).

20 hours ago, Granite said:

If only, but unfortunatelly, barely anyone does that, since they can exploit freedom, they are given (not to mention certain savegame "edits" that shouldn't have been allowed).

A possible solution against tweaking could be:

1. Server-sided economy.
Pursue a career online in multiplayer with server-based profiles that can not be altered
Earn your experience, skills and money by delivering goods and not by cheating.
(This will likely reduce the amount of trolling and reckless players significantly.)

2. Server-sided truck adjustments.
Truck stability adjustments and truck speed limiter will be preset server-sided and can not be altered to allow for a more realistic experience.
This also includes disabled aerial view.

22 hours ago, Ferynacz98765 said:

Solution? Punish for unsafe driving in general,m even if no accident is made (but is near other players).

this will clean out Calais for sure ^^ 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:27 AM, Granite said:

Why not standardize settings for "simulation server" - force low stability, speed limit, no map dots for players, only friends showing up (trolls only exploit that as radar for new targets). When trolls and bad drivers are rolling over in the ditch, better for serious players.

Second server could be just renamed to "freeroam server" and left as it is.

That was my suggestion, which would not change status quo for speeders, except there would be some choice (arcade server is not the choice for almost anyone obviously) istead of 2 identical servers we have now, and we would see if some players will start to migrate or not.

You can tow 5 trailers at about 130km/h (and the trucks are much more stable), with collisions in ATS, but almost nobody plays that. Guess if they learn that, those small ATS servers are going to get fried from massive influx of players.

actually they even roll it at the lowest possible speeds...   i mean you need to be a genius to flip it at 15kmh .... but still ... they even manage that stunt... 

If you want realism then turn on your limiter in the game settings. Why does it need to be a server restriction? Nobody is forcing you to drive faster than 80.

There were less trolls on the server with the cap back in ye old days because the server was almost empty to begin with.

Everybody was playing on the no-cap server.

The reason you see more trolls now has nothing to do with a speedlimit or not. They merged all the servers and all the rules. People will join the most populated server, and the trolls will follow.

It doesn't matter if you get rammed with 90 or 110. And it doesn't matter what the speedlimit is if the troller is hacking/blocking.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

If you want realism then turn on your limiter in the game settings. Why does it need to be a server restriction? Nobody is forcing you to drive faster than 80.

I can argue with same level of arrogance, you can play on arcade server, nobody is forcing you to 110km/h, see?

There isn't server with realistic speed limitation, and realistic physics limitation, and never really was, no matter what some newer members say on this thread. All I ask is turn one of the servers to 90km/h, why is there need for 2 identical servers, when first server barely gets full anyway?

Actually I am forced to drive together with speeders who can't handle shopping cart and trolls,  even if I choose SIM2. If they were limited further, my chances of avoiding them altogether would raise dramatically.

10 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

There were less trolls on the server with the cap back in ye old days because the server was almost empty to begin with.

Everybody was playing on the no-cap server.

The reason you see more trolls now has nothing to do with a speedlimit or not. They merged all the servers and all the rules. People will join the most populated server, and the trolls will follow.

It doesn't matter if you get rammed with 90 or 110. And it doesn't matter what the speedlimit is if the troller is hacking/blocking.

actually its a big difference between been hit with 90 or 110 . 

but its not the issue of beeing hit  its more like the majority of these speeding honks cant handle it.   

im still wondering why some of them try to take a 90degree turn with full speed and seriously think this will work ....    

its also a given fact that 90 is saver. 

If they was to higher the speed limiter then there would be more issues than there already is in Calais-Duisburg and Kirkenes etc. High populated area and high speed do not mix well together.

I think the speed at the moment  is fine and people who wish for it to change just want to troll and cause issues for players who are just enjoying the game with friends and for the simulation. 

All these opinions are my own however, I think this reflects majority of the TMP community due to trolling, high populated areas

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ιтѕєℓℓєχ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

◦•●◉✿ υк ✿◉●•◦

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. єннνт¢ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

13 hours ago, Granite said:

I can argue with same level of arrogance, you can play on arcade server, nobody is forcing you to 110km/h, see?

There isn't server with realistic speed limitation, and realistic physics limitation, and never really was, no matter what some newer members say on this thread. All I ask is turn one of the servers to 90km/h, why is there need for 2 identical servers, when first server barely gets full anyway?

Actually I am forced to drive together with speeders who can't handle shopping cart and trolls,  even if I choose SIM2. If they were limited further, my chances of avoiding them altogether would raise dramatically.

If I can play on Arcade then so can you. But you wont, because driving through people takes away the realism and immersion of the game. Your argument doesn't work there, buddy.

And why should they make 2 different servers? That's literally going back in time. You wanna know which server is going to be empty? The speed capped one. And you wanna know where all you guys who desperately want the speed cap are going to be playing on? The server without the speed cap. Because that's where the players are. And people play MP to interact with players.

If you want a speed limit then turn on the speed limit that is given to you in the base game settings since they first published this game.

Also why is everybody arguing as if everybody will be going 90? Let's talk realism here. Some people will follow the 60 speed limit. And instead of overtaking with 110, you are limited to 90. It takes longer to overtake, which makes it unsafer to overtake. You think all the kids are going to think that through? No. They will just take longer to overtake and cause more crashes. Same goes for overtaking people who are going 80, but then it gets even worse.

The majority of the playerbase does not want to decrease the server limit anymore. Which is a given fact by the population difference of the servers in the past. So stop trying to argue as if it will improve the game. It wont if players do not want it.

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

38 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

If I can play on Arcade then so can you. But you wont, because driving through people takes away the realism and immersion of the game. Your argument doesn't work there, buddy.

And why should they make 2 different servers? That's literally going back in time. You wanna know which server is going to be empty? The speed capped one. And you wanna know where all you guys who desperately want the speed cap are going to be playing on? The server without the speed cap. Because that's where the players are. And people play MP to interact with players.

If you want a speed limit then turn on the speed limit that is given to you in the base game settings since they first published this game.

Also why is everybody arguing as if everybody will be going 90? Let's talk realism here. Some people will follow the 60 speed limit. And instead of overtaking with 110, you are limited to 90. It takes longer to overtake, which makes it unsafer to overtake. You think all the kids are going to think that through? No. They will just take longer to overtake and cause more crashes. Same goes for overtaking people who are going 80, but then it gets even worse.

The majority of the playerbase does not want to decrease the server limit anymore. Which is a given fact by the population difference of the servers in the past. So stop trying to argue as if it will improve the game. It wont if players do not want it.

Same kind of self-righteous argumentation as you can expect from people stuck in a mindset apparently preventing them to accept different opinions, that undoubtedly form the majority of this community.

Going back in time, seriously, what kind of argument is that? So the future is GTAETS2 online, no thank you. If SCS will ever release private coop multiplayer with AI and mod support, TMP will probably lose all of the hardcore sim players. You are fine with 110km/ limit, I am not, you have servers to play on that you are fine with, I don't. What's so hard to comprehend here? Why is so important to keep copy of the most popular server with 4200 slots that hardly get half full anyway? And the argument, that server would be empty is just based on your opinion, and not actual experience that would require testing.

It could be part of "Road to simulation #4", which would only take away one server from you to choose, which you have not been using anyway. 

It could as well end up very different that you think, but you don't know that either.

Real cars and trucks can always make more than the speed limit on the road is. That's one argument for realism.

And what do current rules of TMP say? "Speeding, while not restricted, is not recommended. It can lead to accidents."

So nobody will report you for going fast in general, but the truth is, trucks are not safe over 80 kph in turns. That gives you right to report any speeding player in dangerous situations for "reckless driving".

Just because there is not enough admins and people are lazy to report, that doesn't give you right for globally banning everything. See Duisburg? They don't kick players if too many get there. Players get there at their own risk, that is fair.

1 hour ago, Granite said:

Same kind of self-righteous argumentation as you can expect from people stuck in a mindset apparently preventing them to accept different opinions, that undoubtedly form the majority of this community.

Going back in time, seriously, what kind of argument is that? So the future is GTAETS2 online, no thank you. If SCS will ever release private coop multiplayer with AI and mod support, TMP will probably lose all of the hardcore sim players. You are fine with 110km/ limit, I am not, you have servers to play on that you are fine with, I don't. What's so hard to comprehend here? Why is so important to keep copy of the most popular server with 4200 slots that hardly get half full anyway? And the argument, that server would be empty is just based on your opinion, and not actual experience that would require testing.

It could be part of "Road to simulation #4", which would only take away one server from you to choose, which you have not been using anyway. 

It could as well end up very different that you think, but you don't know that either.

It's going back in time because TMP literally had 2 different servers.

And the server with a speedlimit was dead. You're from 2015 as well. Do you not remember when EU1 was packed with thousands and EU2 only had a few hundred?

Sorry if I got off a bit agressive and arrogant. That wasn't my intention at all. I completely understand you want 2 different servers again. And to be honest, I don't see an issue with that. I 100% support you. I really want to make that clear.

But I honestly just do not think 2 servers would work. Because it didn't work in the past. The server was empty, and people thought it was boring to play on so they switched to the server that didn't have a limit so they could have player interaction.

If TMP made 2 servers again I think people will just complain about how empty it is again and they don't want to play on it. I think TMP made a good compromise with having 2 110kph servers. When sim1 is full, sim2 usually has at least a thousand or so as well (in the weekends).

So basically. If people want 2 different servers that's fine. But when they get it and it turns out to be an empty dead server again, they shouldn't complain about it. It was to be expected.

Kind regards,

partyaap

And the server with a speedlimit was dead. You're from 2015 as well. Do you not remember when EU1 was packed with thousands and EU2 only had a few hundred?

Sorry if I got off a bit agressive and arrogant. That wasn't my intention at all. I completely understand you want 2 different servers again. And to be honest, I don't see an issue with that. I 100% support you. I really want to make that clear.

But I honestly just do not think 2 servers would work. Because it didn't work in the past. The server was empty, and people thought it was boring to play on so they switched to the server that didn't have a limit so they could have player interaction.

I remember even older times, when server with speed limit was packed, and one without any limit was almost empty, simply because the former could accomodate twice the number of players, or so. This was back in the Rotterlag- Europoort heyday. Shortly after I joined this was changed, and servers were switched, and that was the start of EU#2 without speed limit, followed by emergence of C-D road hype, and later drop of speed limit to 150k/h, as many remember. My memory may be hazy, but this is what I remember form my very first days - people will be naturally attracted by higher population, when choosing server to play on.

The EU#1 server was literally identical, including speed limit, to today's SIM1 and SIM2, except for the scout cars, but was only half the size. The argument it was boring only aplies, when viewed in context that there was another choice - server full of players, now suddenly, server with identical setting is no longer boring, because there isn't better choice, aside of collision free server, which nobody wants. Yeah, some people may have left the community, but most have probably get used to new rules, it's not like there is any lack of players.

Even SIM1 is dead ghost town outside of usual hot spots, so there wouldn't be much difference anyway. A lot of players there are driving max 90km/h all over the map, so it may give them safer environment, maybe SIM1 would still remain mor popular, maybe some player would switch to SIM2, we don't know how this can turn out, until it is properly tested out.

19 minutes ago, Granite said:

I remember even older times, when server with speed limit was packed, and one without any limit was almost empty, simply because the former could accomodate twice the number of players, or so. This was back in the Rotterlag- Europoort heyday. Shortly after I joined this was changed, and servers were switched, and that was the start of EU#2 without speed limit, followed by emergence of C-D road hype, and later drop of speed limit to 150k/h, as many remember. My memory may be hazy, but this is what I remember form my very first days - people will be naturally attracted by higher population, when choosing server to play on.

The EU#1 server was literally identical, including speed limit, to today's SIM1 and SIM2, except for the scout cars, but was only half the size. The argument it was boring only aplies, when viewed in context that there was another choice - server full of players, now suddenly, server with identical setting is no longer boring, because there isn't better choice, aside of collision free server, which nobody wants. Yeah, some people may have left the community, but most have probably get used to new rules, it's not like there is any lack of players.

Even SIM1 is dead ghost town outside of usual hot spots, so there wouldn't be much difference anyway. A lot of players there are driving max 90km/h all over the map, so it may give them safer environment, maybe SIM1 would still remain mor popular, maybe some player would switch to SIM2, we don't know how this can turn out, until it is properly tested out.

Rotterlag wasn't on a server with a speedlimit. The no-limit server has always been more popular than the server with the speedlimit. Because people don't want to be limited to 90kph.

Kind regards,

partyaap

The no-limit server has always been more popular than the server with the speedlimit. Because people don't want to be limited to 90kph

The discussion about and around the speed limit always leads me to the same question which still has

not been fully and sufficiently answered:

Why some players want to drive fast?

51 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The discussion about and around the speed limit always leads me to the same question which still has

I want it so that I can actually easily overtake people without having to wait for a 5 year gap.

Kind regards,

partyaap

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Because they don't understand that these games and their MP mod are not about driving fast and overtaking others, they only see them as another racing game.

9 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

I want it so that I can actually easily overtake people without having to wait for a 5 year gap.

this is by far the lamest excuse i ever read ......     

dude im with the speedlimit for the 5th month now and i never ... never ... not a single time got any problem to overtake in the time given ...   with a 440hp engine ...   

geez... seriously guys as longer that goes as thiner the arguments pro 110 gets ...   

until this point only excuses ... and nothing then excuses.... and Alibis .... and wierd personal reasons.   

8 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

this is by far the lamest excuse i ever read ......     

dude im with the speedlimit for the 5th month now and i never ... never ... not a single time got any problem to overtake in the time given ...   with a 440hp engine ...   

geez... seriously guys as longer that goes as thiner the arguments pro 110 gets ...   

until this point only excuses ... and nothing then excuses.... and Alibis .... and wierd personal reasons.   

Goes both ways. There aren't any proper reasons for a speed limit either. As I have pointed out countless times, and as has been proven way before you played this game. People don't want it.

And you must be lying with overtaking issues, especially in a 440hp engine. Try overtaking on c-d road. Max you can go is 90. Person you are overtaking is doing 80. You simply can't overtake with much ease. You have to wait for massive gaps. Or you are just stuck behind the guy going 80.

Kind regards,

partyaap

1 minute ago, StateCA (NL) said:

And you must be lying with overtaking issues, especially in a 440hp engine. Try overtaking on c-d road. Max you can go is 90. Person you are overtaking is doing 80. You simply can't overtake with much ease. You have to wait for massive gaps. Or you are just stuck behind the guy going 80.

One can do that on highway pretty easily; however, if there were actual cars, you are breaking traffic rules by obstructing the cars behind you.

33 minutes ago, Ferynacz98765 said:

One can do that on highway pretty easily; however, if there were actual cars, you are breaking traffic rules by obstructing the cars behind you.

So what's the game plan then? Bring back a server with a speedlimit? And then nobody plays on that server exactly like back in the day?

Kind regards,

partyaap

5 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Goes both ways. There aren't any proper reasons for a speed limit either. As I have pointed out countless times, and as has been proven way before you played this game. People don't want it.

realy ?? im on the c-d road 4 - 6 times a day and i overtake one and the same bonk multiple times. 

they speed like horny boars and constantly need to throw the anchor to get around the corner ... while im allowed to take the same corner with one constant speed .... and there i get past them with ease..   

thats another benefit of 90 .. 

Archived