bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, seth_haveron said:

would be easyer if we had a option to take screenshots instead ... 

Screenshots are unsuitable to prove violations of most of the punishable offences, as they are still images and only show a fragment of an incident.

This can be abused in a way that it gives a wrong impression of what has really happened and who the real perpetrator is.

An exception is violation of §1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind if it takes place in the chat, but only if the chat history has been made  visible on the screenshot.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:10 AM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Screenshots are unsuitable to prove violations of most of the punishable offences, as they are still images and only show a fragment of an incident.

This can be abused in a way that it gives a wrong impression of what has really happened and who the real perpetrator is.

An exception is violation of §1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind if it takes place in the chat, but only if the chat history has been made  visible on the screenshot.

1890134648_ets2_20191209_152301_00(2).png.4e33f6e9feb034bb1283832b417108cf.png

how is that one unsuitable ???       

you see Ahmed schachbrett driving on the wrong side of the autobahn  with the signs that says wrong way closed to enter  and the regular traffic in the direction it suppose to be. 

it is hard up to impossible to set up screenshots to give a wrong impression buddy   

Don´t forget, not all, who playing ETS2 are the "proud" Owner of a real driving License or even had any experience above crossing the road whithout holding moms hand!

ETS2 is slowly developing towards a Simulation Game, but it will take a lot of time.

I also prefer the 90 kph Speedlimit and the 0.0 Value Stability Physics. But that will not happen, because 70% of the Players and some TMP Staff Members, wouldn´t be able to leave the Company Exit without flipping their Trucks! ;) :D

Anyways, don´t set your Focus on the Players who wanna be a 20 Seconds Star in a "Idiots on the Road" Compilation, or on the Players who intentionally wanna troll Others. A Troll is a Troll and a Troll doing Troll Stuff, it doesn´t matter how fast he can drive or which vehicle he use ( Solo Truck, Car, Truck)!

There are enough Players who can handle their Trucks safely at 110kph, maybe some of them forget that they are in charge to pay more attention and respecting the Players who driving a Trucks as it is intended.

And those Players who´s giving a *censored word* about the rules and didn´t having any respect for other Players, will be handled by the GM Team that doing an excellent and hard job inside their own possibiltys and rules! ;)

23 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

how is that one unsuitable ???       

you see Ahmed schachbrett driving on the wrong side of the autobahn  with the signs that says wrong way closed to enter  and the regular traffic in the direction it suppose to be. 

it is hard up to impossible to set up screenshots to give a wrong impression buddy

The crux of the matter is that a screenshot basically is only an image showing a particular moment of time.
If it used as evidence in a report to prove e.g. driving the wrong way down the road, the report moderator can not tell if the player in question was actually moving in opposite direction of the traffic flow or if he was just standing facing the wrong direction. Consequently, the evidence is unsuitable in that matter.
A short video on the other hand would clearly show any movement.

I hope you do understand now that it is important to provide uncontroversial evidence for most offences in form of a short video.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:47 AM, seth_haveron said:

well even sim 2 is not save anymore   

if that report system woulndt be that tiresome and time intense to upload the videos  17 morrons would have a looooong time off ....  

would be easyer if we had a option to take screenshots instead ... 

I can understand how the report system can seem like a burden, but I've been trying to streamline my own reporting process lately. My best trick for saving time (having seen some behaviour worthy of a report) is to stop my truck, then stop and restart my recording software. That way, I know that the offending clip is at the end of one of my recent videos. Saves a lot of time trying to find the clip in amongst all the usual driving footage. I realise this may not help you, but hopefully others feeling the same way might find some use in my words :D

8 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The crux of the matter is that a screenshot basically is only an image showing a particular moment of time.
If it used as evidence in a report to prove e.g. driving the wrong way down the road, the report moderator can not tell if the player in question was actually moving in opposite direction of the traffic flow or if he was just standing facing the wrong direction. Consequently, the evidence is unsuitable in that matter.
A short video on the other hand would clearly show any movement.

I hope you do understand now that it is important to provide uncontroversial evidence for most offences in form of a short video.

it dosnt matter 

wrong way is wrong way 

if he stands or moves. 

he got caught doing it and got banned as it suppose to be.  

he got no reason to face the wrong direction for whatever....  

same thing to this dork here   this picture is selfexplaining what happen.   wrong effin side of the lane .... 

vlcsnap-2020-10-21-04h05m28s957.png

so your arguments are thiner then those ppls skull     

now show me a picture with missleading context....  good luck to find some ..        

16 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

it dosnt matter 

wrong way is wrong way 

if he stands or moves. 

same thing to this dork here   this picture is selfexplaining what happen.   wrong effin side of the lane .... 

vlcsnap-2020-10-21-04h05m28s957.png

It is not an argument. It is an explanation of "why it is like that". While your text mostly seems offensive.

This could be a picture with misleading context. e.g. Someone reported me for wrong way, with this picture as external view. Why it should be my fault if there is missing context?

spacer.png

As matter of fact, not moving, even if it's in the wrong direction, is considered blocking a players path, which by the ruleset is "§2.3 - Blocking" as "§2.4 - Incorrect way" is considered driving. Not parking, standing nor waiting.

See it as positive, wrong way drivers are a feature from a "real life" add-on. ;)

Of course, it's not nice, if someone drives the wrong way. But some even have their reasons, even if it's just stupidity or imprudence. And in some cases you can also report people for it.

Last but not least, I wouldn't mind a lower speed limit, 100kph.

Kind regards,

Chris Kodiak

5 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

dosnt matter there is no excuse for beeing on the wrong lane 

Overtaking in one lane road?(technicly you need be on wrong lane when you overtake on one lane road.(

4 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

dosnt matter there is no excuse for beeing on the wrong lane 

@Joao Rodrigues and @Chris Kodiak are right, Imagine some smuck driving by rams you and you end up being launched over the barriers onto the wrong side of the motorway, now facing in the wrong direction. Before you can react, someone else driving by reports you without even witnessing what has happened, just seeing you facing the wrong direction and not moving. If you can clear the road in a reasonable time, you shouldn't even get banned for blocking, and I recommend that you keep your own video evidence if that ever happens to you. Image is not viable evidence for most offences.

3 hours ago, Sbinotto07 said:

Overtaking?

If you overtake on a single lane road causing trouble for oncoming traffic or overtaken vehicles, than it's inappropriate overtaking.

You can't overtake on two/multi lane road going in the wrong direction, even if there is only solid line between them.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:13 AM, seth_haveron said:

it dosnt matter 

wrong way is wrong way 

if he stands or moves. 

At the risk of being off-topic again, I nevertheless would like to state the following.

According to my experience, screenshots are unsuitable as evidence to prove a violation of §2.4 - Incorrect Way / Inappropriate Overtaking* (in particular "Driving the incorrect way down a road") for the simple fact that a still image can not show any movement, which however is necessary to distinguish a driving vehicle from a stopped vehicle.

As @Granite pointed out correctly, the latter would rather be a violation of §2.3 - Blocking*.

I hope that clears things up!

I didn’t read every post yet. Sorry if this was mentioned before.

I don’t agree with a general speed limit of 90 km/h. Because in some countries you are allowed to drive faster than 90 km/h such as the UK with 97 km/h or Bulgaria with 100 km/h.

Yes you could set individual speed limits / caps for each country but I don’t think that this is necessary. 

Why shouldn’t I be allowed to drive faster than 90 km/h in Bulgaria while 100 km/h are allowed? Just because some trolls on the Duisburg-Calais road?

2 hours ago, Josh115 said:

Why shouldn’t I be allowed to drive faster than 90 km/h in Bulgaria while 100 km/h are allowed? Just because some trolls on the Duisburg-Calais road?

You also forgot about Romania, which really allows 110kmh, but in reality, without compulsory speed limiter set to max 90km/h (by EU directive) you wouldn't be allowed to leave those countries.

That is why the game is "shipped" with 90km/h speed limiter enabled as default setting, game developers took a bit of a leeway and allow you to disable speed limiter, although in reality you can't simply flip a switch.

They had hard coded this speed limit in only for WoT, so people can't cheese those, be thankful they allow you this level of freedom in a simulation oriented singleplayer game. As for the developers of TMP, it's again their right to choose, whichever way they want to go, be it strict realism or more arkadey approach. I would personally like both options, with one server as it is, and other one full simulation (and thus hopefully completely troll free), even if only temporary for few months testing, we would at least see some numbers.

39 minutes ago, Granite said:

You also forgot about Romania, which really allows 110kmh, but in reality, without compulsory speed limiter set to max 90km/h (by EU directive) you wouldn't be allowed to leave those countries.

That is actually a very good point! I actually didn’t thought about it yet.... Trucks do have speed limiter due to EU law.

But I still don’t think that we need to lower the general speed limit to 90 km/h. Don’t get me wrong: I do strongly agree that we need a speed limit. But I think that 110 km/h is a good sweet spot. 

Again: Just because some trolls on the C D road we want to change the speed limit? The people who are complaining about these trolls just shouldn’t go there.

I like driving long distances (between 3000 - 7000km). I barely have problems with trolls during these long “journeys/ trips” 

56 minutes ago, Josh115 said:

I like driving long distances (between 3000 - 7000km). I barely have problems with trolls during these long “journeys/ trips”

It's exactly that. On longer trips you can get away without one idiot nearby. And tbh, even if it's only 20 km/h, I don't prefer that these trips take any more time than they do now.

13 minutes ago, TescoUK said:

It's exactly that. On longer trips you can get away without one idiot nearby. And tbh, even if it's only 20 km/h, I don't prefer that these trips take any more time than they do now.

Yeah. Sometimes I also drive on Acrade to “speed things” up. 
The 7000 KM trip was brutal.... I took me 5 hours.... But my VTC got 800.000 € (1,4M before tax).

But I don’t think that I will do such long trips again. My maximum right now is 5000 KM.

But about the speed limit: I think that the discussion only exists because of the D-C Road. 
If I‘m honest: I also like moderate traffic. During my long trips i sometimes  miss traffic.

And I don’t even care if everybody follows every single rule. I don’t report somebody just because they ignored the way of right. 
That’s what I love about multiplayer: every player is different! Unexpected things can always happen just as in Real life.

But i hate it when everything is super crowded and everybody tries to overtake you  etc etc etc. 

Ok... I kinda got off topic here 

51 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Out of interest: that is 200 EUR per kilometer (before tax).
Is that a realistic number? How much does a trucker earn nowadays in average per kilometer?

I use a Virtual Trucker Company Software that tracks everything. It’s pretty much the same as Truckersbook. (I use SpedV)

They have a 150 € / km limit. You cannot invoice/ bill jobs that are higher than 150 € / km. 

so the price was actually 150 € /km.

i actually don’t know how much a truck gets paid per kilometre. But it depends where he is from. A polish or a Romanian truck driver doesn’t get so much paid as a German or an French truck driver. 

its not about the D-C route.  

its generaly.  and on the other hand why should anyone care about the speedlimit in Bulgaria ??   

Wot jobs are limited to 90 for everyone , and it offers the same jobs for everyone. 

so its only a logical thought to make it a general speedlimit.     

and most of these GTA Potatos cant handle the 110 anyway ...  

your arguments are not valid why limit the speed because of the trolls even if the speed is limited to 30km / h it will not prevent the trolls from hitting people
Moreover if the server is so popular it is thanks to this flexible speed of memory when there was a server at 110 km / h and another at 150 km / h, the server at 110 km / h was practically empty
If you want to take away this freedom of speed from the players you will kill the game and find yourself alone with no time for anyone to hear your crying.

Archived