bring the 90KM/H cap back to Sim 1

seth_haveron

i realy dont know why ppl constantly demand a higer speedcap .... we all know how this would end. 

i also remember the days where Simulation 1 had a 90 KM/H hardcap at my humble beginning .... barly trolls on the street , more like redlight jumper and chinese guys with a sh!tty 500ping connetion warping around. 

its time to get this cap back.  

90 is still 10kmh to fast but at least its a "save" speed and you dont loose to much time to get form A to B ..... or form C to D ^^   also its less stress.  

i got my limiter active for 3 months now and i simply dont like the 110 anymore ...it feels wrong and unconfortable. 

the funny thing is its , it got more benefits then drawbacks. 

You burn less fuel  so you save a lot of Euros

you got more control over your Rig ....so chances are way lower to damage it , or get in to sticky situations.             Callais is a walk in the park at this speed with all its downsides , idiots and trolls.  

you got more time to enjoy the Landscape or listen to the radio or your playlist 

you got more time to think about God and the crasy place called Earth   

you dont have to deal with Neck on Neck races anymore .... those who want to overtake  just buzz past you. 

Wot Jobs feel like a normal job ...... but better payed.

you have to be a efin genius to flip your rig at that speed  so chances are lower that you have to be towed , loose time , money or the job...    ( but i already seen some genius who fliped it at  !!!! 6 KMH !!!!! )  ets2-20200922-174243-00.png

with no speed difference left ... im quite sure trolls would have a much harder time. 

so what are you thinking about that idea ??   we all start with 90 ... so why we shouldnt return to 90 ?? 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's the speed limit changing that's made the C/D road so hellish. I think it's a culture and audience change. The rise of people like Tony747 and Darwen making videos about trolls has likely increased the amount of trolls on the road as many people find TruckersMP through them - I have a friend who bought ETS2 specifically for TruckersMP after finding Idiots on the Road, though only because he was waiting for news of a multiplayer mode being added before buying, not because he wanted to troll - and they think the kind of behaviour in those videos is normal. In fact, thanks to Darwen in particular, people who have rec, a Twitch link or a YouTube link in their tag often become targets as those people will sometimes also send clips to Darwen, and the trolls want to be able to show a video to their friends and go hey look, it me, forgetting that the video will likely also be part of a web report. Combine the culture and audience with the fact that the C/D road is already known for what it is (it takes only a few seconds of Googling to find something about it which immediately peaks your interest) and you have a recipe for disaster.

Most people I know who want a decent experience on TMP will either go on Promods or on Sim2 if they're scared of modding or whatever.

Stick on a good song, sit back and vibe.

1004651805_TMPSignature.png.86dd3157944e03b174964e8d6a390341.png

I have the same idea. My driving distance in worldoftruck has exceeded 70W km, and ETS2 has exceeded 50W km. When I drive at 90km / h on the road, I feel that everything is wonderful. I don't have to worry about speeding. I can listen to the radio to relax and see the players driving at 110km / h I've been thinking about a question: Why did we turn ETS2 into a drag racing game??

12643.jpg?_1667120314

I agree with him/her however the fact you guys put 2 or more type of players into 1 server so that way you have a full control over everyone was absolutly wrong and a disaster the reports hasnt been reduced and its even getting worse by the time it should go back to how it was, Simulation 1 limit to 90 km/h and bring back EU 2 and limit to 150 km/h and it will be more chaos on EU 2 server but at least you got a clean Sim 1 server back with happy people that likes to enjoy the game just like IRL and moderate EU 2 regularly as Sim 1 isn't gonna need a lot moderation.

that is why he should never have done "simulation" servers
he should have kept
server 1: 90km / h
server 2: 150km / h

today people who want to go 90km / h are forced to drive with people who want to go at unrealistic speed
everyone was happy before the changes, the players chose their way of playing by choosing their server!

Arcade servers are for your unrealistic, I repeat, unrealistic speed, but of course nobody wants that cause of collisions, and without that, there woudln't be "idiots on the road" and you wouldn't get those views and likes, so people won't stop yapping again and again to "bring 150km/h SIM2 back". It just won't happen. Funny that op suggest reducing speed limit on simulation, I repeat, simulation server, but you people come here and start suggesting to increase it instead. 

And, no, not everyone was happy, before the "road to simulation" changes, there wasn't server with 90km/h speed limit, SIM1 was 110km/h and SIM2 was 150km/h , and before that SIM2 wasn't limited at all, so the speed limits aren'nt really different, except the removed collisions.

While I understand your frustration, I'm afraid no matter how low the speed limit cap is set, it will not stop people driving recklessly / trolling. With a game that is so cheap, especially during sales, people will continue to buy it just to mess around on it.

Personally, I don't think the cap should be reduced. If we all played the game with the simulation aspect in mind, we'd all be following the speed limits, too— but it's very rare that anyone does that nowadays. I'll admit that I am a person who will drive at 110kph, if it is safe to do so; however, I will never overtake someone in a busy area, or at any time on the Calais - Duisburg Road. I understand not everyone has the same mindset as me, though. 

You also have the idea that different servers could have their settings changed again, but let's face it, that never really has worked in the past. If one server has a 90kph cap, and another has a 110kph or 150kph cap, you can guarantee that the majority of the players will use the server with the higher speed cap— and, yes, even the good drivers will, too. I, personally prefer to drive in the more populated areas, as I like to drive by other players on my jobs, so I would, therefore, choose the server with more people online. I know others would be the same as me, in this particular situation. 

So, then, players such as yourself, will have to choose between a server with less players and a 90kph cap, or a server with more players and a higher speed cap. I'd say more people with that mindset would opt for the server with more players, even if they prefer the lower cap, because they like the multiplayer aspect of the mod. 

I honestly cannot think of a permanent solution that would suit everyone's preferences, and I don't think there is one— but I do believe that lowering the speed cap would not be a good decision in the long run.

ioJopO8.jpg

I would love to see a return of a server that is more geared towards "Full Simulation" as Europe 1 used to be. Applying the same ruleset to Simulation 1 now would not be the way to go. I think the vast majority of people have accepted now that this is not the server to use if you want to drive full simulation. You certainly can do, within DLC areas, especially Black Sea regions where even now it is not (comparatively) populated. 

I have found the best way to undertake "Full Simulation" driving, even in base map areas, is Simulation 2. There are 2 upsides to this that are immediately evident. 

1) Lower player cap

2) It is more often than not, quieter, across the map. 

The advantages of this are, you can drive with your friends, with a much less chance of being inconvenienced by other players, and if you encounter someone thrashing along at full speed, they can easily be out your way. 

Regards;

RB :) 

18 hours ago, davidd. said:

If one server has a 90kph cap, and another has a 110kph or 150kph cap, you can guarantee that the majority of the players will use the server with the higher speed cap— and, yes, even the good drivers will, too.

This is simply not true and you can see it right now, there's a server witn no speed limit at all and almost nobody is using it. Because it's not the speed, it's the collisions. What's "funny" about driving at 170 Km/h if they can't ram other players to oblivion? That's the main reason why the speeders don't use Arcade servers and keep asking for higher speed limits in the simulation ones instead, they don't want the speed unless they have the collisions too.

I agree with the suggestion, and not just that. I believe that Simulation 1 should be made 90 Km/h and forced lowered stabilities, so people would need to learn that trucks can't take a 90 degrees turn at 70-90 Km/h without tipping over. My idea:

Hard-Sim: Servers with 90 Km/h speed limit, forced low stabilities (even 0.0 values) in truck and trailer, lowered braking intensity, suspensions (truck and cabin) forced at 0.0 No more /fix command, you break your truck, no other choice than to use the tow service.

Relax-Sim: Same as Simulation servers now, 110 Km/h, etc.

Arcade: Same as now, no speed limits, no collsions, reduced set of rules.

I know that with this, Relax-Sim servers would have the most players, Hard-Sim ones would be emptier and Arcade would still be almost empty, but... Why not give it a try? If we can make it so the "regular" playerbase is happy in their "Let's go 110 Km/h and let's turn as if we are driving trains instead of trucks" style servers, those who want a more simulated style could have a calmer environment in the "Drive carefully, or else..." servers.

As an alternative the perfect Arcade server would be one with no speed limits and collisions but making it so people who decided to use them would need first to "Sign and accept" a rule: "When entering the server, you will be automatically banned from using the report system for 6 weeks (making it so any evidence collected there will be unusable when they can use the report system again)". Sadly, this can't be done, as TruckersMP staff themselves have stated at some point.

7 hours ago, RB1988 said:

I would love to see a return of a server that is more geared towards "Full Simulation" as Europe 1 used to be.

Simulation 1 and 2 are set up exactly the same as EU1 used to be, including speed limit, and excluding scout car, there wasn't 90km/h limit on any server since I have joined 5 years ago, my memory isn't that great, but I am pretty sure about that. Maybe, before that in the beginnings, when it was still called ETS2MP.

20 hours ago, davidd. said:

If one server has a 90kph cap, and another has a 110kph or 150kph cap, you can guarantee that the majority of the players will use the server with the higher speed cap— and, yes, even the good drivers will, too. I, personally prefer to drive in the more populated areas, as I like to drive by other players on my jobs, so I would, therefore, choose the server with more people online.

I can agree with this. First time I joined a server, I was kind of afraid of what to expect, at the time there were only 2 servers, EU1 with 110/km speed limit , which was full of players and you had to wait in a queue, and EU2 with no limit at all, virtually empty (I joined EU2 to be safe, and met about 2 people in 500km). All the players were on server with speed limit, because it had much bigger player capacity. I don't remember when, but these were swapped eventually, and server without speed limit (sometime later reduced to 150km/h) became bigger and thus more popular. Probably those "idiots on the road" style youtubers popularized multiplayer a little too much and problems with bad players became worse over time.

At first I was only driving 90km/h unaware that speed limiter can be turned off, wondering how is everybody faster than me, then I kind of joined the crowds and started driving about 110km/h, oply occasionally really fast, up to maybe 170km/h, but never really liked that  crazy speed.

Later, with launch of WoT, I started doing these in multiplayer, and after several changes to trucks and trailer physics, I never looked back and can't stand noise of the engine running at rpm limiter all the time. Nowadays, even with normal jobs, like on Promods server, where WoT don't work, I drive as realistically as possible (yes, even 80km/h on motorways), with quite low stability settings, but the nuisance is, having to constantly check mirrors, because of that 30km/h speed difference, often praying that idiot behind me isn't gonna cut me off at the nearby exit or turn. 

just finished a almost 3k KM tour at 90Km/h .... still not know what ppl Mimimiung about ...   

300km with AC/DC´s Thunderstruck .... 

320km with Blind Guardian´s a Bards Song 

300km with Dio´s  We Rock  

400km with Accept´s  London Leather boys 

and so on and so forth ... that polish Radiostation is great ...  

i don't agree fully, however i do think that on certain roads, especially twisty single carriage roads like the C>D road, the speed limit could be reduced a bit. while i utilise top speed where it's safe to do so, i like to take corners/tight roads realistically. however on a few occasions i have found myself crashing/overturning because other players have been driving very close behind me and i feel pressured not to slow down too much

Para mi el tema de velocidad esta bien como esta, porque hay gente que compite con el tema de modo real, es mi caso.

Ademas no podes poner el limite del servidor a 80 cuando, tenes paises que la maxima es 90 98 y 100.

y si pones el limite mas abajo del limite de modo real, se va a perder la gracia de juego porque no va a estar esos nervios de competir a 100 km jugando con los limites del modo real.

Lo que si me gustaria es que hubiera un servidor para america latina.

This is a touchy subject as no matter what the speed limit is people will still find ways to cause chaos. If you really don't want to be annoyed by other driver that are driving recklessly i would highly recommend playing on Sim 2. It has less players so that is a downside if you like to see a lot of people but it generally has less trolls and more nice people. Sim 2 is also great to do any jobs on as the chance of it getting damaged is very low meaning you will get it delivered on time.

spacer.png  

Prime logistics - Director of Events

Just now, Snowy20 said:

This is a touchy subject as no matter what the speed limit is people will still find ways to cause chaos. If you really don't want to be annoyed by other driver that are driving recklessly i would highly recommend playing on Sim 2. It has less players so that is a downside if you like to see a lot of people but it generally has less trolls and more nice people. Sim 2 is also great to do any jobs on as the chance of it getting damaged is very low meaning you will get it delivered on time.

I completely agree. Except you dont even need to be on Sim2 for most of the map. Sim1 Is fairly underused in areas further away from C-D. Also since TMP time is slowed down delivering on time shouldn't be an issue

**Kind regards,**

effinghamjnr.png?ex=65d54980&is=65c2d480

It seems that no other topic is as much and often discussed as the speed limit. And for good reason, considering the manifold community of TruckersMP.

But if you think about, no speed limit will affect those of you who strive for a realistic approach of trucking simulation. Because such an approach will consequently limit your maximum speed not only to national speed limits (which in most european countries is no more than 80 km/h or 90 km/h on highways), but also to the course of the road, the weather conditions and visibility, your truck and cargo and your driving skills.

IMHO, the goal should not be to reach a certain maximum speed but instead to drive in a safe and reasonable manner to deliver the cargo of your customer undamaged.
The more players strive for this goal, the more enjoyable will be our gameplay.

Drive safely.

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

It seems that no other topic is as much and often discussed as the speed limit. And for good reason, considering the manifold community of TruckersMP.

But if you think about, no speed limit will affect those of you who strive for a realistic approach of trucking simulation. Because such an approach will consequently limit your maximum speed not only to national speed limits (which in most european countries is no more than 80 km/h or 90 km/h on highways), but also to the course of the road, the weather conditions and visibility, your truck and cargo and your driving skills.

IMHO, the goal should not be to reach a certain maximum speed but instead to drive in a safe and reasonable manner to deliver the cargo of your customer undamaged.
The more players strive for this goal, the more enjoyable will be our gameplay.

Drive safely.

Well that is obvious. And how do you suppose that would be made possible? 

I think the opposite - highways should be exempt from speed limit, or have a speed limit accordingly to the signs (so if they allow you 120, the TMP mod will cap your speed at 120, etc.)

If people didn't drive like idiots, then speed limit would be necessary only on gas station exits or other junctions (so the trucks from lower priority can safely get out), otherwise a driver should accustom the speed to their vision range, safe distance, and road condition (which are conditions that have to be maintained regardless of speed limit).

Some of the issues could be solved by "obstructing other drivers being a reportable offense" - basically, people have the courtesy to slow down while being overtaken (even if by truck with low speed difference), and no accident happens, therefore there is nothing to report. On the other hand, if they continued as they do, it could be also an offense by not avoiding collision.

Archived