More realism for simulation servers, fun over realism for arcade servers

apocalypsenzn

• 3 years later...

4 years and the problems with reckless drivers still destroying the simulation propose.

Reckless players still using the simulation servers as "4fun" and ruining the simulation experience.
10 years of TMP, I think that's can be reconsidered as necessary.

I don't want to end the 4fun experience of these guys, they can have their server(s) to fly, overtake and crash without a real simulation, but the older and good players are quitting of game because of this limitations of unrealistic experience.

I'm reporting bad players since 2018 and they still doing the same thing, 300+ players banned and the report system still "High".
Do we need more admins? More reports? 1 admin for every city? AI admins? No, maybe if you listen me...

It's not about change the experience of the game, but to be real with the meaning of the word "Simulation".
As you done sometimes, modifications in the game gave a better vision of the D-C road and other places that was always problematic, but WHY NOT other things? Read my topic again and reconsider.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:03 AM, InsanoDeath said:

Its a non solvable problem as far as i know. Most people consider it as a game not simulator

I  agree. Some users really use trucks like racing cars.

Ponc Logistics              TruckersMP Profile          Youtube                             

On 9/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, apocalypsenzn said:

Suggestion Description:

My suggestion is: ONLY ON SIMULATION SERVERS
1. Keep the stability of the truck and trailer locked at 50%. It should reduce the number of players that speed with a totaly rigid truck.
2. Lock the brakes configurations at 90%, it make the brakes safe and will force players to keep distance.
3. Lock the traffic offence option, so you can put a traffic monitor in dangerous area to avoid the work of the admins from keep the eyes in the areas. (You can do some modifications in D-C road that is the mostly dangerous area to keep drivers slow) If player want race in High populated area it will gain a traffic ticket.
4. Keeping talking about traffic offence: Change the value to higher numbers to force reckless drivers lost a lot of money as penalty.

5. Enable fatigue by default: i don't know how it gonna work, but you can force players to stop in rest areas to sleep.
6. Lock the fuel consumption to realistic consuption

7. (Optional) Force skilled parking for all players.

8. Other things about realism on simulation servers can be suggested by other forum members.

Why should it be added?:

This suggestion should reduce the number of players that commit infractions against the rules in High Populated Areas in all servers.
I know that several tools are created by dev team to keep trolls and reckless drivers away, but it is not enough, every weekend we have the report system always in VERY HIGH load.
There's too many people breaking the rules and the mainly reason is: Players use the facility of the game to play on simulator servers to break the rules always as possible.

This suggestion is simple: If you wanna simulate the game, you should to have more realism and have an experience next as possible of realism, if you wanna to have "fun over realism", you should to go to Arcade server.

Remember IT IS NOT to limit the freedom of the player. Play just for fun still exists.

The main problem is: A LOT OF PLAYERS just play in simulation servers because they can have the same options as an arcade server but with colision on. Arcade and simulation servers are not too different to make a player choose.
They only see: "Ohh wow!! This server has 4.000 players online, let's go racing here"

Introducing these settings on the current Simulation servers will not be ideal, as these settings are very strict for the player's playing preference. Additionally, it probably won't be as popular as a seperate server.

When TMP seperates casual players from simulation players into two different servers, it defeats the point of this MMO mod, to engage and have fun with others in this game. As you can tell, this community rather consists of casual players who don't aim to play on a 'hardcore' simulation style. So when they're restricted from the server due to these settings being locked and being told to play on Arcade, that will reduce the engagement of the Simulation server itself.

You've mentioned that this will reduce the amount of rule breakers in this mod, and I can assure you that it won't. These people have been on our platform since the beginning, and preventing them from ruining the experience is simply not an easy task to do, and by introducing these strict settings on the servers, it will not do as much, because they will still actively break the rules on the server. And these people are not only exclusively on TMP, but they're pretty much on any online games that are out there, it is definitely not easy to get rid of them.

TMP does aim for a realistic experience, but not to the point where they have to restrict a player's preference in order to make the game more realistic. ETS2 is also meant to be a game rather than a real simulator, you are allowed to play at any preference you like, as long as you don't break the rules and endanger any other player.