0.1.5 has been released.

mwl4

Seriously? Why did you buy a truck simulator if you get bored easily when driving slowly? haha, there's no logic in that. If you didn't want realism and you think that driving slowly is boring, why on earth did you buy a truck driving simulator? :D

If it was truly a simulator then no-one would be bored at slow speeds because there would be so much more to do, to keep our attention, before, during and after the journey. But in truth this is a driving game, not a simulator, with very little to do apart from press the go pedal and the stop pedal - when you then remember that in MP there is no traffic either, and many parts of the map are very quiet, it cannot be surprising that boredom can set in on a long drive (quite like heading up the M6 north of Lancaster in the middle of the night - it's a relief to get onto the A75 to Stranraer and have something to do again...)

Which is why I actually like SP more for a long haul, because at least the AI traffic and its unpredictability, as in real life, makes up for the lack of other 'stimulation'.

Please note I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your opinion about the speed limiting, just trying to offer my view on one of the possible contributory factors in players reaching a boredom point (and therefore preferring faster driving speeds compared to IRL).

• Upvote 1

So the game is boring with 90 kp/h max? Or you just like the crashes?

With limiter there were no less crashes. You can ram both on 120 and 80 kmph. Doesn't matter is limiter on for ramming. For Turkish ramming ^^

I can drive 130 with no rams and using driving rules, priorities and other.. sure I'm limiting with signs (110, 90 and other, only on autobahn I have >130)

Which is why I actually like SP more for a long haul, because at least the AI traffic and its unpredictability, as in real life, makes up for the lack of other 'stimulation'.

You might like this mod if you don't already have it; http://ets2.lt/en/igrek-ai-mod-1-16/. The AI drive more 'human' than like machines, it's so unpredictable as well. There was one run I was doing in game that was from Moscow to Tubruq in Libya, I can't remember the exact motorway but I was on one during this stretch. Basically three vehicles, one landrover, a van and a car ended up crashing in front of me on the outside lane. Normally I saw these sort of crashes happening on the inside lane but it seems they can literally happen anywhere; which is a lot more interesting than any AI mod I've come across so far.

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

To the people saying how it's unrealistic to have speedlimiter removed:

If you want full realism then activate air break simulation, fuel consuption, etc in the options. I noticed a vid, in the 5th or 6th page (somewhere around those pages) where a guy posted a vid of himself driving and saying how it's unrealistic to have it removed while he has the "Automatic retarder" activated in options. Well if you want full realism, then just use the retarder by yourself, play by the air break simulation, etc, etc.

EDIT: Automatic retarder is also the easiest way to flip your truck while braking in high speeds. Just saying.

Automatic retarder is also the easiest way to flip your truck while braking in high speeds. Just saying.

Stay at a reasonable speed and you won't flip, obviously if you're doing 75MPH/120KMH (or if you're insane - higher) and you slam the breaks on it's going to get interesting pretty quickly. Not staying within a reasonable speed is the easiest way to flip a truck. 

nz3d07.jpg

I tried some driving yesterday, it went fine. You can speed up at highways when its going straight and push brakes a bit at turns, I dont see any troubles with it. Guys who whined a lot, have you ever tried to drive a car IRL? Its not about going top speed all the time, you have to slow down according to road situation.

Guys who whined a lot, have you ever tried to drive a car IRL? Its not about going top speed all the time, you have to slow down according to road situation.

This is the reason why people are complaining about the limiter being removed. Most of us adjust the speeds according to the scenario but it's the users who don't adjust at all that try to go as fast as they can. If everyone done what you mentioned there would be no issue at all with the limiter being removed, most of us will stay within reasonable speeds but without the limiter the minority who do insane speeds because nothing stops them now are the real problem - removing the limiter isn't, although because of that it is partly to blame for the problem.

nz3d07.jpg

haha all the 'kool kidz' saying stuff like "omg, nerds, if you want realism go outside! *tut* gawwwwd"

Seriously? Why did you buy a truck simulator if you get bored easily when driving slowly? haha, there's no logic in that. If you didn't want realism and you think that driving slowly is boring, why on earth did you buy a truck driving simulator? :D

SCS added an option to disable the speed limiter in singleplayer because nobody else can suffer at the hands of your no doubt aweful driving when you're in singleplayer, but multiplayer brings in a whole different issue, and the speed limiter belongs in place to ensure that everybody follows the max realistic speed cap of a real truck across most of mainland Europe, regardless of whatever terrible excuses they have for wanting to go faster... My favourite is "Well I drive perfectly safely doing 120kmph" lol.

Most people seem blissfully unaware of how poor of a driver they are in-game, they don't check their mirrors as often as they should, they don't look left or right before pulling out of a T-Junction, they don't slow down to a stop before looking left and right and THEN pulling out of  T-Junction, hell.. Most people I see on the roads here can't even keep their truck & trailer firmly within their lane!

I'm going out on a limb when I say that maybe, MAYBE 30% of the total player population actually drives properly (properly meaning what would be classed as legal road usage in RL), and from my experience the real figure is farrrr lower than that.

My point is that alot of you think you're good drivers and can handle more speed, but the reality of the situation is very different, you can't, but usually only the decent drivers around you can see that.

If i'm around another driver for long, either as i'm being overtaken, when i'm overtaking, driving behind someone on a narrow B-Road (country road) or whatever, I have come to expect them to do something dangerous, clumsy or just plain stupid due to having no control over their truck, but if you confront them about what they just did wrong, they'll swear blind that they're the best driver in the world and have no idea what you're talking about... So giving them the ability to drive even faster imho is just daft, and i'm glad the speed limiter is being put back in place.

While i'm here actually i'd like to ask alot of you to read the highway code, as it's very rare indeed that I see someone actually following it at all times online.

The end.

I'm baking you cookies in the oven right this very second.

Regards,

Rich Edmonds

Been here since the beginning.

This is the reason why people are complaining about the limiter being removed. Most of us adjust the speeds according to the scenario but it's the users who don't adjust at all that try to go as fast as the....

..and on and on and on and on...

Admins, please make an official statement whether there'll be one server with and one server without speed limit to end this deja vu auto-repeating posts. Everyone has their own reason and repeating same words again and again won't change anything.

• Upvote 1

Seriously... what is truck?

..and on and on and on and on...

Admins, please make an official statement whether there'll be one server with and one server without speed limit to end this deja vu auto-repeating posts. Everyone has their own reason and repeating same words again and again won't change anything.

That is the real reason why those who against the limiter being lifted are complaining and that is the reason why the ones who are praising it (that don't stay within reasonable speeds) are; because nothing can stop them from going over 75MPH/120KMH so they do so with no regard for anyone but themselves. I'm trying to show the actual reason for the uproar about this, yes it's obvious that people are mainly bringing up being rammed by users going too fast and such but ask yourself this, why are they? 

That's the actual problem - not the limiter. I've yet to see anyone say anything remotely close to what I just did.

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

I dont play for....1 hour, and some bloke just crashed headon in my truck in my lane in a corner, reason, yupp, you all guessed it, like it was mentioned before, they try to go as fast as the truck goes, and not regulate the speed in the corners.  And what is the excuse?  " Sorry lag"  well isnt it always?