Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

0.1.5 has been released.

mwl4

Just letting you know, there's a thread where all of us are pretty much giving all of our thoughts and opinions on the MP team and the mod itself, to a degree. You might get more out of what you've said there than here as what you just said will get swept away by the comments posted in here. 

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/9716-share-your-vision-and-thoughts-about-ets2mp-team/

thanks man, ill do that :)

Because you don't have to physically check over the trailer before you pick up, you don't have to do the physical part of securing the kingpin. You don't have to check the oil, cooling etc. You don't have to 'rest' towns away from Calais port so that you don't have immigrants trying to break into your trailer or climb under it. You don't have the potential of strong winds possibly flipping the trailer, there's no ice, you don't have to wait to get towed if you break down or crash. There's load of reasons why I think that, ETS2 barely pushes into the territory of real simulators albeit I am comparing real life to it, but it's meant to be a simulator, right?

Of course, we don't have to load/unload our cargo. Just press T and you're good to go. I laughed when you brought up the immigrants. Maybe one day, it'll be as realistic as possible, but hey, one step at a time. SCS is making progress in the very basics of the game, like new trucks, sounds, etc, etc.  

• Upvote 1

Of course, we don't have to load/unload our cargo. Just press T and you're good to go. I laughed when you brought up the immigrants. Maybe one day, it'll be as realistic as possible, but hey, one step at a time. SCS is making progress in the very basics of the game, like new trucks, sounds, etc, etc.  

That's the point. I believe that SCS is working to make the game realistic as possible, but they need time. :)

I believe we need more Admins to handle a 5000 people server too.

Trucking isn't just driving a big thing... It is a passion. :)

Had a blast last night. Sure some people overtook me with 110-120 kp/h but as long as people behave and use their lanes it`s all good.

Funny how people cry and tell the world they leaving and un-installing the game. Do it and leave us be, the internet doesn`t care.

Thanks DEV`s, got this game last week and having a blast in MP.

• Upvote 2

There is a lot of mean about simulation then... In this case, in this game, simulation means driving and basic truck and cargo operations. Maybe in future versions of ETS, that features can be included, but for now it doesn't mean that ETS2 is not a simulator.

Yeah. I get where you're both coming from it essentially is the utmost very basics but even though SCS has called the game 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' it does barely brush the realms of actual simulators, this is what I meant in my first post to you. If those aspects were part of the base game I would consider it an actual simulator as I've used DCS: A10C which in short, if you learned the 600+ page manual for all the systems etc. by heart the aircraft model is so accurate that you would be able to fly the actual aircraft in person. That to me is a simulator, ETS2 as much as I do love the game eh.. it falls short in that aspect in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

nz3d07.jpg

Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to use the new report system? Pressing TAB, I can't use the mouse to click on anything?

Releasing a list of new features with no link to documentation for them is a bit bloody silly.

Press tab, then hold your right mouse button hold it and go on over to those settings with the cursor. While holding the right button, use the left mouse button to click what you want to use. As for the system itself I haven't actually looked at it.

nz3d07.jpg

I agree with SpeedyRTM.

This is all me:

We had a F*ck ton of rammers before the Limiter, we had a F*ck ton of rammers during the Limiter (I had 3 ram me off the road then continue to ram me to 100%) and I'm sure there will still be a F*ck ton of rammers now, a limiter will not stop rammers and trolls, that is why we report them, then we leave the rammers for the admins to deal with.

WE NEED to Trust in the Admins and IF you can't handle or you prefer forced simulated 55mph there is a limiter option in your Gameplay Options.

I like having the limiter off and I like getting cought in traffic jams on the game, it'll be fun and yes I can handle my load at 70mph, granted when I do have the ODD accident I own up to it, if I accidentally crash into someone I say SORRY, If they don't take my apollogy then thats up to them but I'd have said Sorry.

There is a Limiter Option in the Gameplay Options and if you want it on thats your own choice.

One more thing in relation to what one person said, DCS is more of a Sim than ETS2, ETS2 is not an accurate Sim, they only show Cities in ETS2, but there tiny, a proper Sim would have all the junction all matching to real life and all towns, villages and cities in full size, even 18 Wheels of Steel did a better job of it, ETS2 is more of an "Arcade Simulator", built for gamers of all ages and gameplay styles. As for the Limiter again you can turn it on and off as you please in the Gameplay Options.

I suggest that the Admins should lock this feed, before it gets out of hand..

Happy and Safe Trucking Truckers

IF you can't handle or you prefer forced simulated 55mph there is a limiter option in your Gameplay Options.

I don't know if you were around when the main server was put in a temporary state of non collision, but the limiter was disabled during this time as well. Although it was impossible to actually cause any damage to another truck, it was more than obvious that there are some people that can't handle speeds higher than 56MPH/90KMH. If anything you should be saying if you can't handle higher speeds use the speed limiter, but everyone here knows that no one that is a speed freak will do such a thing. With a limited speed there was less chance of people losing control, although not entirely guaranteed, it did reduce the times it happened. Now without a limiter those people will simply put their foot through the bottom of the cab and break off the accelerator in the process. 

I want to make it clear, I have no problem with people who know how to control a truck at reasonable speeds without the speed limiter but when it comes to those that can't, that's when a line is crossed in my books.

nz3d07.jpg

Dave, it may be called "simulator" but its still a game :P

Oh I agree with that, but there are industry standard simulators which are licensed that can be used for real word training. ETS2 isn't one of these however.

nz3d07.jpg

I like having the limiter off and I like getting cought in traffic jams on the game, it'll be fun and yes I can handle my load at 70mph, granted when I do have the ODD accident I own up to it, if I accidentally crash into someone I say SORRY, If they don't take my apollogy then thats up to them but I'd have said Sorry.

The only problem is, I dont want to be reading "sorry" every 10 mins in a trip. My answer should be "oh dont worry, I will load my savegame again for 3534342 time this trip, who cares, it´s just a game", but now I´m sorry, I cant stand with that.

Ive seen lots (mates included) of trucks going 90km/h through a corner in country roads and controlling it perfectly, but that´s not even close to real physics and "safe driving". Anyway, in the game 1/3 trucks in that situation crash or go over someone going in the other lane; Now 3/4 will go 120km/h through that same corner, guess the result. "Sorry"

lkRjRkb.png

I really do hope that this Speedlimiter Disabled is just april fools.. It makes no sense to disable it when they have a server with it already disabled.. 

There is so many people who can't even control the truck with 90km/h / 55mp/h, think about it when the Double Trailers are released... it'll be madness 

If it really is going to stay disabled i might aswell player singleplayer then.. no point of playing Euro Truck Racing 2 Multiplayer..

great work mwl4 ;)

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

I really do hope that this Speedlimiter Disabled is just april fools.. It makes no sense to disable it when they have a server with it already disabled.. 

EU2, which is the freeroam server you're referring to no longer exists.

For those of us who had ETS 2 for a while, we remember in the old versions the speed limiter was enforced to 90 kph but they removed the limiter after Version 1.4.1 Why do you think they removed it if I may ask the "simulator purists"?

Simply. Choice. We should all have that freedom.

By all means if you can remain in complete control of a truck at higher speeds feel free to take advantage of that freedom. Those of us who are against it aren't all 'simulator purists' we're just simply looking at it realistically speaking in terms of how there's some users who can barely remain in control doing 4 extra digits from what was the max speed with the limiter when it was on.

nz3d07.jpg