0.1.5 has been released.

mwl4

love these comments, the speed limiter being removed is a good thing as it will bring back the fun that was there before, and will be safer and more enjoyable in convoys now also. there is no problem cruising at 90mph with ya buddies if you drive ok, at present time there is no rule stating i cant do 90+mph in my truck with my buddies and what is gonna be hard to judge now is difference between driving fast with friends and if some people are racing. another point rammers, trollers etc happen at all speeds and trollers maybe less now due to fact you can just put ya foot down and disappear.

It's only for April Fools guys! They added this post earlier to people think this is actually legit...

I would beg to differ, patch 0.1.5 is actually available to download. I literally installed it about two minutes ago and I'm about to connect to the client to see for myself. EU1's user capacity has also been raised back to 5000 as well, check for yourself man;

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?app=ets2mp&module=game&section=servers

nz3d07.jpg

I would beg to differ, patch 0.1.5 is actually available to download. I literally installed it about two minutes ago and I'm about to connect to the client to see for myself. EU1's user capacity has also been raised back to 5000 as well, check for yourself man;

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?app=ets2mp&module=game&section=servers

They can always release another patch tomorrow.. or maybe this speed limiter is for testing the new report system? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You'll never know untill the end of the 1st of April!

• Upvote 1

They can always release another patch tomorrow.. or maybe this speed limiter is for testing the new report system? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You'll never know untill the end of the 1st of April!

How April fool jokes tend to work is they're done on the 1st of April not before or after. If it ends up being one, this was definitely premature. But there's more evidence proving it's legit than fake. I'm still reluctant to completely believe it though, I will admit that.

nz3d07.jpg

Right. I really hope that the speed limiter remains off, and the people who break the rules, get punished. :)

If the people had respect, there is no reason to turn the speed limiter on again.

Trucking isn't just driving a big thing... It is a passion. :)

Well, the speed limiter is indeed disabled, my bad. However, I am all for it. I mean, speed limiter or not, there will be trolls, and adding the speed limiter will not increase their number. Not to mention that people will not dare to troll because a pernament ban awaits if they do and ETS2MP admins are very strict about unbans. I just played ETS2MP and it finally feels fun again, not being glued to 90km/h, not to mention that it was plain annoying that when your truck reaches 90 your engine would stop accelerating, giving less control over your truck. Those who do not like driving more than 90km/h - you can always enable the ETS2 native speed limiter, nobody is stopping you. I have done a few hauls just now and noticed no trolls or trouble causers, not to mention everyone drives in a reasonable speed

The thing is however, that they might just patch it tommorow again. It might be April Fools, and just because it was posted one day ago doesnt mean anything. Remember that there are different timezones. Americans are still on 31st of March ATM.

The thing is however, that they might just patch it tommorow again. It might be April Fools, and just because it was posted one day ago doesnt mean anything. Remember that there are different timezones. Americans are still on 31st of March ATM.

Europe is only an hour ahead of UK time, I can assure you it was posted last night on the 31st of March 21:45.

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

Don't believe it's a joke, since the server can hold up to 5000 slots again since the limiter has been removed. I believe the limiter was causing trouble, forcing the developers team to limit the player slots to 2000. They removed it, tests probably were succes, and they wrenched it up to 5000. 

Maybe it is a joke, so enjoy it while it lasts  :P

Speedlimiter OFF.. Thank you   :)

Now I can  drive long distances. This is Real Simulator same as life......

Bro, do you even know European driving laws? Maybe it's allowed in Brazil but that doesn't mean it is allowed in Europe, too. In Germany you aren't even allowed to drive 90 km/h with the haulage you have ingame. So now it's no simulation anymore.. It wasn't before but now it is even less.

• Upvote 1

Bro, do you even know European driving laws? Maybe it's allowed in Brazil but that doesn't mean it is allowed in Europe, too. In Germany you aren't even allowed to drive 90 km/h with the haulage you have ingame. So now it's no simulation anymore.. It wasn't before but now it is even less.

ETS2 has never even come close to being a simulator, it barely grazes the surface just enough so that it can have that name - don't let that title fool you. I'll say it again, although the speed limiter has been removed the built in gps still shows the speed limit for the road you're on; so if you use CC you can still drive with the speed limit. The highest I'm going speed wise on a motorway is 60MPH and hardly any higher. On any other road I do the exact speed limit, as for anyone else I can't speak for them.

• Upvote 2

nz3d07.jpg

ETS2 has never even come close to being a simulator, it barely grazes the surface just enough so that it can have that name - don't let that title fool you. I'll say it again, although the speed limiter has been removed the built in gps still shows the speed limit for the road you're on; so if you use CC you can still drive with the speed limit. The highest I'm going speed wise on a motorway is 60MPH and hardly any higher. On any other road I do the exact speed limit, as for anyone else I can't speak for them.

You can still use it as a simulator, near real life of corse. That's the objetive of the game I think, and that's why we are complaining about people racing/trolling/ramming, etc. at MP. In real life there is speed limit, but you can drive at 90 km/h or more, but you get punished if you did it. Why not playing like that in MP? That's why I agree with no speed limit, and punishment to ones who break that speed rules.

Why do you think that? The trailer's behavior is pretty much the same as in real life. However, without trailer i do believe the game is a bit arcade and unrealistic. 

• Upvote 1

This is going to be fun... hopefully the report system is updated to coexist with unlimited speed...

Like Dave I'll prob idle around legal standards.

Assuming this is real (maybe a 48 hour joke or weeklong or 2 as can be seen on games like runescape)

Regardless get them recording software ready! You'll need it -.-'

Time is now to remove the fools once and for all :)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Why do you think that? The trailer's behavior is pretty much the same as in real life. However, without trailer i do believe the game is a bit arcade and unrealistic. 

Because you don't have to physically check over the trailer before you pick up, you don't have to do the physical part of securing the kingpin. You don't have to check the oil, cooling etc. You don't have to 'rest' towns away from Calais port so that you don't have immigrants trying to break into your trailer or climb under it. You don't have the potential of strong winds possibly flipping the trailer, there's no ice, you don't have to wait to get towed if you break down or crash. There's load of reasons why I think that, ETS2 barely pushes into the territory of real simulators albeit I am comparing real life to it, but it's meant to be a simulator, right?

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

Because you don't have to physically check over the trailer before you pick up, you don't have to do the physical part of securing the kingpin. You don't have to check the oil, cooling etc. You don't have to 'rest' towns away from Calais port so that you don't have immigrants trying to break into your trailer or climb under it. You don't have the potential of strong winds possibly flipping the trailer, there's no ice, you don't have to wait to get towed if you break down or crash. There's load of reasons why I think that, ETS2 barely pushes into the territory of real simulators albeit I am comparing real life to it, but it's meant to be a simulator, right?

There is a lot of mean about simulation then... In this case, in this game, simulation means driving and basic truck and cargo operations. Maybe in future versions of ETS, that features can be included, but for now it doesn't mean that ETS2 is not a simulator.

Ok, ok, ok!

So, I will be the first to say that I was pissed as hell when the speed limiter was forcefully put on. The creation of EU2 really annoyed the crap out of me. Not because of the lack of a speed limiter, but because of the lack of collisions. ET-something that used to be a simulator- was born.

I personally think that everyone is blaming the wrong thing. You are all looking at this option in the game that overall highlights a much bigger issue. Let me explain.

I remember back when SCS start to make truck sims, right back with the first 18wheels of steel. I played the crap out of that, and every one to follow. All those years I dreamed of perhaps playing with other people who enjoyed the simulator as much as I did. No necessarily for convoys but for the immersion in a living game. Let's face it, the AI back then was even worse than it is in ETS2 right now, believe it or not.

My first hearing about the ETS2MP project had my full support. I heard about it back when the facebook page was first created i think and followed it religiously ever since. "Oh wow, finally!" I thought. "I will be able to play with people who enjoy the game as a simulator much like myself!"

However, upon playing the ETS2MP, i quickly realised that as sizeable as the ETS2 community is, not everyone is playing a simulator. Now I know that every game has it's trolls if it is on a MP platform. BUT! The retardation that I have seen in some of the behaviour on the server is just beyond a joke. I guess this is what happen when you have ETS2 on 80% discount on steam for a number of weekend, it attracts the people who have no idea what the game is about.

The problem here isn't with the speed limiter being deactivated, and it's not what anyone here who is moaning is actually moaning about. It's about their knowledge of the community and how they will use this.

Personally, taking into consideration that this is Alpha, I think this is a good idea to weed of the trash on the server and allow the dedicated ETS2 playerbase to thrive on the server. You get rid of the weeds, you will get more ploomage, and it's ploomage that is insulted by this change.

Now, in order to get rid of the weeds in the first place, you need active mods. If there has been one thing that has enraged me through my entire time on this alpha, it's that the admins change too much. Usually this is due to internal politics which is based on first world issues and ego and everyone knows this. If the dev's are having pissing contests against each other, like has happened in the past, rather than pushing things forward with the bigger plan then we are all doomed. My faith has GREATLY dipped in the developer of the mod on how superficially focused they have been. More players doesn't mean more popular game. The quality of that playership has been seriously lacking for a loooooong time.

Putting that aside for a moment though, admins need to be active. What I feel is more retarded about this update than anything is that there are potentially going to be 5000 players, with no speed limiter yet the admins wouldn't even log in a great deal for a 2500 player server with a speed limiter.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH ADMINS! THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN ENOUGH ADMINS! When they realise that, they just don't log in because it's futile. They are plenty of people who have filled out "arbitrary" forms in the past to be admins, but it's always a close little bunch who seem to get chosen. The ETS2 community are a vibrant, cohesive (for the most part) and active group. People who put themself forward for being an admin need the same values. Admin should be more than just a label but sadly, people just stop logging on when they get that label.

So, to summarize...the speed limiter isn't the issue. It's the people who will abuse the fact that it's gone. These people shouldn't be on the platform. For this to be the case, we need ACTIVE admins in far more numbers than we have now if you are planning to grow the active player count to 5000. I MEAN A LOT MORE!

On a personal note, I think that there should be an application process for this mod and whitelisting to be required before access is granted. . I dunno...perhaps an "hours played" threshold for the ETS2 SP on their steam page or something. One of the biggest issues are new players buying ETS2 on steam, getting a money hack and then jumping and ruining it for everyone. They need to learn the game first and understand it a little. Perhaps....40-60 hours in SP should be enough. Perhaps even 30 hours if they have also done a decent amount of time on Scania Driving Simulator.

If you just let ANYONE in, EVERYONE else will leave and you will truely be left with a truck racing "NFS-like" platform. I certainly hope that this is not what you are going for. Get rid of the weeds early on, and more people will enrich the experience, rather than just add to the numbers.

im happy the speedlimiter is gone.a big part of the simulation part is you with a big truck innetween of general way quicker traffic.

okay fine its kinda werid for a truck too blast past but in real life you have vans blasting past at 130 or soo.

i find it way more realistic this way then that ALL traffic drives max 90.

Ok, ok, ok!

-snipped for space

Just letting you know, there's a thread where all of us are pretty much giving all of our thoughts and opinions on the MP team and the mod itself, to a degree. You might get more out of what you've said there than here as what you just said will get swept away by the comments posted in here. 

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/9716-share-your-vision-and-thoughts-about-ets2mp-team/

nz3d07.jpg